TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3m clear bra?

ironpeddler

Has anyone had this installed yet? I'm having trouble finding anything around where I live. My car has had a couple knicks in the stiping from rocks getting kicked up from cars in front of me. This bra would solve that problem.

Perhaps check with a couple high end car makers like Lexus or Mercedes to see where they get it done.

Has anyone had this installed yet? I'm having trouble finding anything around where I live. My car has had a couple knicks in the stiping from rocks getting kicked up from cars in front of me. This bra would solve that problem.

go to the 3M website and ask them where you could get it done in your area.If you cant find a place,let me know, and ill run down a friend who is a 3M sales guy.I found a spot here in Atl thru him--it was more money than i wanted to spend--over $1000,and I dont do alot of driving on highways where Id get the high speed rocks,so i didnt do it

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45707

bumping up my last question on the thread link above......... anybody got some detailed pics of the areas covered? Is ventureshield or 3m better? Lastly, prefab kit vs custom..which is better. Still not sure which route to go. Last I checked no prefab kits were available for 2010 G500's. Don't know if I should wait till they come out or just let the installer do a custom job. He is recommending XPL which I think is 3m. Sorry about the thread jack, but still on topic :redcard:

Thanks for the links. If I'm reading this correctly it sounds like the best way to go is lay the film on the painted surfaces avoiding the stripes. Then put on one more layer over the stripes with an overlap to the first layer covering the painted surfaces.

Thanks for the links. If I'm reading this correctly it sounds like the best way to go is lay the film on the painted surfaces avoiding the stripes. Then put on one more layer over the stripes with an overlap to the first layer covering the painted surfaces.

np. i've been actually researching this a bit myself so went back and found those links again. the first one the guy only paid $600 which seems pretty cheap. thought it was more around the 1k mark. Found a place around me that is listed on the 3M website as doing it and they also do window tint so i'll be stopping by there tomorrow to get an estimate

TS Member Grabber has a whole video about this product. It is in the thread Grabbers Shop, post # 195 on the TS General Automotive General forum. I think this will link to the video. http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x53/Gra...07-VID00002.flv

Dave

I just had my venture shield installed and am very happy with it, i wish i have done long time ago. the installer is certified from venture shield web site, thanks Kelly Neely and i would also thank Grabber for the video he posted:

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x53/Gra...07-VID00002.flv

Nothing hurts like stone chips after a nice evening ride!

I would have had this done long ago, but there's no kits for this yet. I emailed my local install guru (according to the local car forums), and he says they still have not made a kit for the '10 GT500. He said prefab kits are available for '10 GT. Hopefully they come out soon. I think I'm going to wait vs the custom cut route.

I'm already tired of carefully wiping off bug gut off the front of my car (350mi on the odo). I like the idea of spray and scrub without worrying about scratches.

Archived