TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If all goes well .. will get my car friday

1badsho

Didnt get alot of Bay Harbor Ford work done today ! .... Been on the phone tracking my car's where abouts and found out that the car left Nashville at 2:30 am today.

The Trains ETA to tampa is friday sometime ... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo my plans are as follows:

Got the phone number of Allied Group .. the company that transports the cars to the dealers. They will allow me to get the car personally at the ramp.

I need a letter from our Zone rep authorizing me to pick the car up and I already have a driver ready to take me up Friday afternoon.

Tampa is only about a 1 1/2 from where I live. So its not a long drive.

Potential problems is I dont know exactly when the choo choo is too arrive in Tampa. So if it arrives early am or mid day ... too afternoon all is well. If it arrives late Friday night or Saturday I might reconsider.

So I have made all the necesay arrignements and as long as our zone rep signs off ... than I am good to go !

Red shelby coupe .... here I come !!!!

dond

How did you manage to get all the tracking info for the train delivery?

Going to the net and being resourceful ! Just a lot of checking actually .... I didnt get alot of work done ... but found out this:

The cars leave on Norfolk Southern from the plant. Than the cars go to Louisville I believe and branch out to N-E-W-S ...

My car was switched in Louisville Ky on CSXT railroad and I used the rail car number in both cases to acertain its location.

Norfolk's who I called first ... and the customer service number is 800-635-5768 follow the prompts .. dont recall which one i got.

When I found out from Norfolk that the train left on CSX ... Norfolk gave me CSX's number.

Now this is just one guy "jerry" .. who will answer the number ... and just tell him you need to track a rail car number assuming if you know your car is on CSX .... 800-367-3110 hes in jacksonville.

happy hunting

dond

Mine will be in Atlanta tonight at midnight, I bet you are on the train heading to Florida, I think it is Nrfolk Southern and may transfer to CSX in Waycross, Georgia.

Going to the net and being resourceful ! Just a lot of checking actually .... I didnt get alot of work done ... but found out this:

The cars leave on Norfolk Southern from the plant. Than the cars go to Louisville I believe and branch out to N-E-W-S ...

My car was switched in Louisville Ky on CSXT railroad and I used the rail car number in both cases to acertain its location.

Norfolk's who I called first ... and the customer service number is 800-635-5768 follow the prompts .. dont recall which one i got.

When I found out from Norfolk that the train left on CSX ... Norfolk gave me CSX's number.

Now this is just one guy "jerry" .. who will answer the number ... and just tell him you need to track a rail car number assuming if you know your car is on CSX .... 800-367-3110 hes in jacksonville.

happy hunting

dond

Thank you 1badsho I JUST called the CSX # (9:16PM) and they said my car was unloaded yesterday in Jessup, MD. That means my car may be at my dealer tomorrow or Friday!!!! Who knows how to track the truck now?

Wow,

You must be really excited. I bet it will be tough sleeping tonight.

Wow,

I have everything in place. Called the Ford Zone office and talke to our zone rep. She is sending a fax to Allied in tampa who trucks the cars ... to the dealerships and giving me permission to pick the car up at the ramp.

This way the car wont sit in tampa over the weekend and I dont have to wait for the truck to bring it to me tues or wed of next week. I will have it friday night as long as :

Allied told me that as long as the car is unloaded and "grounded" where its been checked in to there computers ... i can get it. So it all depends on how soon the choo choo gets to tampa and when they get the car off train. Guess it takes more time than I realize.

Also glad to be of help ... those wanting to find out about your cars once they re off the train .. u can call allied ... theyre corporate office is in Ga ... thats what I did .. than I got the terminal here in tampa where Allied takes the care via semi to the various dealers .

Could my short but what seems forever long wait almost over ?????

Tune in .. will keep ya all in updated

dond

Do you know if ALLIED is the shipper for all cars? Do you have there number?

Do you remember as a child growing up the feeling you had Christmas eve, still beleiving in Santa, trying to get to sleep....that's what I have felt like for a few days now!!!

Well i sleep pretty well but thats a great analogy. I do remember the days as a child waiting to fall asleep on christmas eve ... man was that a hard thing to do !

I am pretty sure Allied is the predominat shipper of cars for the major manufactures. I definitly would try there first.

I know allied delivers our cars for I see there trucks coming into our store every so often.

dond

Wow,

W'ell put - I got two hrs the night before I got mine. Did not matter as the adrenaline took over after that. Congrats to all - looks like a few new arrivals to come very soon. Dont forget to post pics and detailed stories!

Ya All here Now, EH!

Do you know if ALLIED is the shipper for all cars? Do you have there number?

Do you remember as a child growing up the feeling you had Christmas eve, still beleiving in Santa, trying to get to sleep....that's what I have felt like for a few days now!!!

My guess would be that the transport company can pick who they want to do the truck haul to the dealer...Ford is out of the picture by that time. However, I believe that if the car is hauled directly from the plant to the dealer...for very close dealerships, that they use Holloway trucking..so maybe you could try that...but no guarantees.

Dave

I assume you're trailering your car when you pick it up? It sounds like you work for the dealership, so maybe you are doing your own PDI? I was just wondering - I don't think I'd want to pick it up and drive it without it being PDI'd.

I assume you're trailering your car when you pick it up? It sounds like you work for the dealership, so maybe you are doing your own PDI? I was just wondering - I don't think I'd want to pick it up and drive it without it being PDI'd.

Yes, I am one of the store managers here. Regarding the PDI, I spoke to the tech who PDI'd the first shelby we got in and yes ... and thers no problem in driving it home.

I do my own engine work and tranny work in my race SHO ... so I am somewhat mechincally inclined. I plant to check the wheel nuts ... tire pressure, check all fluid levels .... make sure nothing is loose or missing ... make sure all sounds fine and runs fine .... and if all is a go .. which it should be lastly, take off all the plastic protection it comes with and stick in the trunk ... and than drive it home.

I have a car hauler that i had planned to use but wasnt sure if i could get the car on the trailer for a variety of reasons .. so its just as easy to drive it home. Having a driver that we use for dealer trades to take me to tampa.

If the car gets unloaded in time on friday ... I am a go ... if not .. than I will see if i can get the car saturday or if not, will just wait till the transport brings it down tues or wed.

dond

That's a great deal! Good luck! That should be one fun drive! It's always nice to avoid having to put the car on a transport too, even though the drivers do their best accidents do happen, and the fewer number of times a car has to loaded and unloaded during transportation the less likely it will sustain any damage. I'm jealous! My cars probably at leat a couple months away at this point. Oh well, we've got snow on the ground, so it wouldn't be much fun just staring at it in the garage either.

Archived