TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Head Unit?

Anyone here change their shaker 1000 head unit "only"? Not the amp or subs just the head unit. I replaced mine with a double din Pioneer AVH4000 DVD and when I crank it up after about 3-5 min it shuts down then comes right back on 3 seconds later then shuts down again. It does this repeatly unless I turn it down or if I turn the subwoofer off and turn the stereo up at the same level it never shuts down. I've been installing stereos for about 14 years and I've never come across this.

The only think I could think it is is the amp can't handle the pre out fromt he stereo. I thought about replacing the stock amp anyone know where the amp is located in the Shelby GT? Share your thoughts on this.

Can't help you with your specific problem.

We had a sound shop switchout to an Eclipse AVN 6620, double din, nav, Sirius, ipod control from touch screen.

Based on what I read in the modification threads, the front door subs are wired "weird". People who did it themselves re-wired them to a new sub amp.

You don't HAVE to, but it supposedly increases performance. Our shop recommended this and I said ok.

We have a problem with the Eclipse-Sirius adapter "hanging up" and not working, but a toggle switch to reset stereo power clears that up.

We have not had your problem. Hope it gets worked out.

Thre are whole threads about stereo swaps if you search for them.

I replaced my Shaker 500 deck with a brand new Pioneer AVIC-F900BT DVD/Nav deck 5 months ago. It stopped working after 3 months.

It's been at Pioneer for 2 months with no end in sight. I'll never buy another Pioneer deck like this after reading all of the horrible reviews and crazy amount of issues people have with them. Good luck and check out http://avic411.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22 if ya get a chance.

Ken

Anyone here change their shaker 1000 head unit "only"? Not the amp or subs just the head unit. I replaced mine with a double din Pioneer AVH4000 DVD and when I crank it up after about 3-5 min it shuts down then comes right back on 3 seconds later then shuts down again. It does this repeatly unless I turn it down or if I turn the subwoofer off and turn the stereo up at the same level it never shuts down. I've been installing stereos for about 14 years and I've never come across this.

The only think I could think it is is the amp can't handle the pre out fromt he stereo. I thought about replacing the stock amp anyone know where the amp is located in the Shelby GT? Share your thoughts on this.

i used to have an earlier model of the AVH DVD head unit; if i recal, it was the AVH2000DVD. I was told that it was FAR from flawless when in conjunction with the Shaker systems. I had no desire to keep the shaker subs and amps in my car so it wasnt an issue for me. Im not sure if Pioneer has worked these issues out with the newer models, nor do i know exactly what they are, but in the past they never worked right.

If you remove the Shaker enclosure, the amps are right behind it, and mounted to the side of the trunk above the pasenger rear wheel well.

Does your head unit shut down too? Or just the sound? Do the lights and accessories go weak or dim? If you have a capacitor around, try hooking one into the system and see what happens. A 1-Farad should be plenty to tell you if its a power problem. I dont know what else could cause that unless the amps are just getting driven too hard and shutting down. Perhaps there's a damaged but not blown fuse in the amps.

i used to have an earlier model of the AVH DVD head unit; if i recal, it was the AVH2000DVD. I was told that it was FAR from flawless when in conjunction with the Shaker systems. I had no desire to keep the shaker subs and amps in my car so it wasnt an issue for me. Im not sure if Pioneer has worked these issues out with the newer models, nor do i know exactly what they are, but in the past they never worked right.

If you remove the Shaker enclosure, the amps are right behind it, and mounted to the side of the trunk above the pasenger rear wheel well.

Does your head unit shut down too? Or just the sound? Do the lights and accessories go weak or dim? If you have a capacitor around, try hooking one into the system and see what happens. A 1-Farad should be plenty to tell you if its a power problem. I dont know what else could cause that unless the amps are just getting driven too hard and shutting down. Perhaps there's a damaged but not blown fuse in the amps.

First I'd like to say thanks to all of you that have chimmed in so far. When the system shuts down everything shuts down including the headunit then it cuts right back on 3 seconds later. As long as I don't crank it, it will play forever without shutting down but I could crank the stock headunit even harder and it never shut down. I'll do some more research and hopefully someone else will chime in that can help me solve this problem. I'm thinking about replacing the amp and see what happens.

First I'd like to say thanks to all of you that have chimmed in so far. When the system shuts down everything shuts down including the headunit then it cuts right back on 3 seconds later. As long as I don't crank it, it will play forever without shutting down but I could crank the stock headunit even harder and it never shut down. I'll do some more research and hopefully someone else will chime in that can help me solve this problem. I'm thinking about replacing the amp and see what happens.

I was participating in a car show this week end and while talking to the guy next to me he said there is a fix for the problem I'm having. Basically Ford set up the shaker 1000 system to have thier amps run off 5v so when you hook up a after market stereo pushing 12v to the amps you get popping problems from what I've heard or you get the problem I'm having where the entire system shuts down the turns back on. What you need to correct this problem is install a voltage regulator on the blue "remote wire". The voltage regulator gets installed between the headunit and the remote wire on your wiring harnest. See link below for specific details.

http://www.hagshouse.com/My%20Mustang/Kenw...Head%20Unit.pdf

Archived