TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fuel system upgrade

I just ordered a set of flow matched Siemens Deka 63# fuel injectors for my SGT from D'Agostino Racing.

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_...oducts_id=15083

I also have a set of 11/16" I.D. Metco high-flow fuel rails on order from Metco directly. I'll use this thread to document the install.

http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MFR2005P

I've noticed some light detonation at WOT the last couple of very hot days, so I'm certain that the Paxton 39# injectors and OEM rails are undersized for my application.

To be safe, I'm running Lucas Oil octane booster with every tankful and I've pulled 2* global timing from my VMP tune, until I can get this resolved. Any other suggestions?

Ken

MFR2005P.jpg

be3c0e12f02219dc1748d2d4b50c3792.image.550x413.jpg

flow matched 63's with 1% tolerance, i don't see anything wrong with that. 500+ hp on paxton 39lb injectors is pretty impressive. For some reason i thought you already had 60s. The guys at AED really recommended different injectors to me when i was looking into the Paxton Tuner Kits. Flow Matched 42 the novi1200 and flow matched 60 for the novi2200. Another thing highly suggested is a set of dual GT40 fuel pumps. I dont know what pumps your using at the moment.

No doubt in my mind that all your smaller mods and the cams are helping a lot. Your Novi numbers are out of this world.

flow matched 63's with 1% tolerance, i don't see anything wrong with that. 500+ hp on paxton 39lb injectors is pretty impressive. For some reason i thought you already had 60s. The guys at AED really recommended different injectors to me when i was looking into the Paxton Tuner Kits. Flow Matched 42 the novi1200 and flow matched 60 for the novi2200. Another thing highly suggested is a set of dual GT40 fuel pumps. I dont know what pumps your using at the moment.

No doubt in my mind that all your smaller mods and the cams are helping a lot. Your Novi numbers are out of this world.

The guys at AED actually turned me on to the Siemens flow matched set to begin with.

I have the GT500 high flow dual fuel pumps installed now, so they help considerably. I'm running a good deal of fuel pressure all of the time. I'm just not getting it into the engine quickly enough, IMO. My dyno #'s are nuts, I agree. The cams netted about 30 RWHP alone at the time and they seem to really love the boost. I kind of pieced this thing together, but I love to wrench, so I don't have any regrets. I'll keep this thread updated as to the minor pinging I've got going on. Hopefully the rails and pencils will take care of it.

Ken

I was able to get the Metco rails installed before the track day yesterday. The injectors just arrived, so I'll have to pull it all back apart to get those in.

Anyway, it was definitely worth the double hassle. I didn't have any detonation on the track and even ran 91 octane the first 2 sessions with my timing back on.

The injectors may be over kill at this point, but I'm going to toss them in anyway to see how it affects the performance, if at all. Pics to follow today

Ken

I've been avoiding the injector install, but am ready to take care of it this weekend.

Do I need to worry about modifying my tune for these? :headscratch:

Ken

i'll just say yes. your engine needs to know there are bigger injectors on it. atleast thats what i believe. im only 90 percent sure on this. so dont quote me on it.

ps im depressed justin at vmp is on vacation! i can;t get updates for my tune till he gets back! means no new parts installed :cry::cry:

i'll just say yes. your engine needs to know there are bigger injectors on it. atleast thats what i believe. im only 90 percent sure on this. so dont quote me on it.

ps im depressed justin at vmp is on vacation! i can;t get updates for my tune till he gets back! means no new parts installed :cry::cry:

That's equally bad news for me, cuz he's my tuner too! :baby:

yeah...i have a new throttle body that will have to wait. hopefully he will be back next week. would have been nice to have some warning :)

YES! You need a new tune if you change injectors or the car will go lean. Don't even think about it.

As for Justin, he's taking a much deserved vacation with the family and friends and he'll be back to work next week for sure.

Archived