TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just tinted the windows

Just got done tinting my windows. I think it makes the car look even better! Especially with the contrast of the Grabber Blue. Now I'm thinking about powder coating the rims black in the next few months. I found a local shop to do it for 100 per wheel. I'm not good with photoshop or I would try to make the wheels look black on a photo to see the difference, but I think it will look good, especially with the windows as dark as they are. What does everyone else think??

post-25250-1250056465_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1250056474_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1250056483_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1250056465_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1250056474_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1250056483_thumb.jpg

oh no, I did a small visor on the top of the windshield, not the entire thing

Must just be the light.

Anyway, the tint on the side windows looks great in my opinion. It makes the GB pop even more (if that's possible).

Ken

As for the tinted windows, our Highway Patrol guys have been using the media to put out the word of this little electronic gismo they place on your side window to see if it is legal or not. A couple of days later the press started pointing out how many of the Highway Patrol cars have illegal tint also. :finger:

Just got done tinting my windows. I think it makes the car look even better! Especially with the contrast of the Grabber Blue. Now I'm thinking about powder coating the rims black in the next few months. I found a local shop to do it for 100 per wheel. I'm not good with photoshop or I would try to make the wheels look black on a photo to see the difference, but I think it will look good, especially with the windows as dark as they are. What does everyone else think??

Superman cruisin' in style, incognito!!

The tint looks great!!

I really like the grabber blue with red stripes...

IMO you should powder-coat your wheels either red or possibly even gb..you'd be big pimpin' with some red shoes, lol.

Are you happy with the tint on your windows? I've always had factory tint or none at all. I'm VERY considered about someone crawling around the inside of my new car with sticky window film and lots of water. Seems like it's a messy add-on.

Do it!!!! All for the powder coating. Just got my car and already doing the suspension then its off to the powder coater for the wheels. I thought of doing this about a month ago. It will look incredible...

29bill

Let us know how the look when you get them finished! Interested in seeing some black powder coated wheels.

Yes, I was actually thinking about going with a little red on the rims. Maybe paint the SVT in the middle Red..might add just a little pop. I'll make the decision in a few months.

As for tint, I went with Limo, I think it's 5%. Yes I know that it's illegal here in AZ, but I see lot of people with it on. I think the cops actually don't mind too much..seeing it's so dang sunny and hot all of the time..lol.. I don't think I'll get any grief from the window tint. I have my 01 that dark too and never got pulled over so I'm having good luck so far!

As for tint, I went with Limo, I think it's 5%. Yes I know that it's illegal here in AZ, but I see lot of people with it on. I think the cops actually don't mind too much..seeing it's so dang sunny and hot all of the time..lol.. I don't think I'll get any grief from the window tint.

Over the years I have been pulled over a few times, for various reasons, in different cars with heavily tinted windows and have never even had it mentioned once by the police. I believe this has been down to me following the advice from the tinting company, which was to avoid a ticket you need to put the officer at ease. They advised me to always roll both front windows down before the officer gets out of the car, and place your hands in full sight on the top of the steering wheel. That way the officer/s can see you through your mirrors/front windows and be confident that you are offering no threat. Without such action I can well understand why officers issue tickets for this modification. Imagine being an officer and walking up to a 5% tint car and not being able to see inside as you approach the vehicle.....definitely scary – at least it would be here in friendly Detroit. :ph34r:

Over the years I have been pulled over a few times, for various reasons, in different cars with heavily tinted windows and have never even had it mentioned once by the police. I believe this has been down to me following the advice from the tinting company, which was to avoid a ticket you need to put the officer at ease. They advised me to always roll both front windows down before the officer gets out of the car, and place your hands in full sight on the top of the steering wheel. That way the officer/s can see you through your mirrors/front windows and be confident that you are offering no threat. Without such action I can well understand why officers issue tickets for this modification. Imagine being an officer and walking up to a 5% tint car and not being able to see inside as you approach the vehicle.....definitely scary ? at least it would be here in friendly Detroit. :ph34r:

Guess you never been caught by a statie. They used to get my brother and myself all the time. Michigan state police would chase you down just for tinted windows. The local guys in monroe never really gave a shit.

Archived