TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Griggs suspension... Which X-pipe or H-pipe to clear the torque arm?

timberwolf

Hey guys, I'm trying to stop the rattle of the exhaust against the torque arm bushing. Any recommendations on x-pipes or h-pipe?

I understand the h-pipe sound better, but make less power. Question is, will it make less power than stock? I only have Flowmaster mufflers for exhaust mods.

I'm going for a no cats setup, and think the h-pipe will give most room for the torque arm.

Thanks,

Greg

Hey guys, I'm trying to stop the rattle of the exhaust against the torque arm bushing. Any recommendations on x-pipes or h-pipe?

I understand the h-pipe sound better, but make less power. Question is, will it make less power than stock? I only have Flowmaster mufflers for exhaust mods.

I'm going for a no cats setup, and think the h-pipe will give most room for the torque arm.

Thanks,

Greg

Which Griggs setup do you have? If you plan on doing a cat delete with longtube's, there is only one set of LT's that fit and that's the Borla XR-1's. At least that is the way it works with the Griggs engine cradle that comes in the GR40RT.

Which Griggs setup do you have? If you plan on doing a cat delete with longtube's, there is only one set of LT's that fit and that's the Borla XR-1's. At least that is the way it works with the Griggs engine cradle that comes in the GR40RT.

I was pretty sure that just about any standard x-pipe will clear the torque arm just fine, as long as you don't have LT's and don't have some custom fabbed goofy exhaust.

I have a Magnaflow off road x-pipe on order for my SGT and I didn't think about a potential clearance issue with my torque arm. I hope it doesn't cause me any trouble. :lurk:

Ken

Archived