TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh Boy This Could Be Fun!

srk1959

Well here's what's up. A T/S board member has a TVS equiped coupe with as far as I know still the Ford Racing tune. I have my 07 vert with the EVO stage 2 and 10% lower. Everything is stock except for that. It has the C&L cai but thats kind of part of the stage 2.

August 23rd is Ford day at Great Lakes Dragaway. He is a better driver but I posted on a local Mustang board that we should run them! We both have M/T 305/35/18's and the stock rear gears.

Looks like I have a reason to use the Dynojet the next few days! :hysterical:

This is just for fun!

Greg is the closest thing to a pro we have around here. For your sake try not to get caught sleeping at the lights and don't come out too hard off the line. If your within a car length at the 1/8 you should run him down at the finish.

Greg as Steve said its all in fun so lets see what your TVS can do.

Yep! Its all for fun! I have a reason to pay some attention to the vert. I spend most of my time on the coupe. The driver "me" will be a big factor but I'm up for it.

Ok Dean when we getting you up too speed? I hope soon, work is slow and the days are boring. I need some excitement! Summer is almost over.

Steve

Opps........I didn't realize you are running your vert. Hummm......... all I can say is good luck. lol I should have this Saturday and Sunday free if you want to get started.

Ha! Ha! I don't really think my vert can take a Tvs equiped car even if both drivers were of equal ability. Just trying to get a little fun going! I think it would make for some nice photos and some interesting talk.

I will talk with you soon about this weekend. My kid wants to go to Dyracus off road park this week end and I don't really want to go. So we will see what we can arrange.

Well here's what's up. A T/S board member has a TVS equiped coupe with as far as I know still the Ford Racing tune. I have my 07 vert with the EVO stage 2 and 10% lower. Everything is stock except for that. It has the C&L cai but thats kind of part of the stage 2.

August 23rd is Ford day at Great Lakes Dragaway. He is a better driver but I posted on a local Mustang board that we should run them! We both have M/T 305/35/18's and the stock rear gears.

Looks like I have a reason to use the Dynojet the next few days! :hysterical:

This is just for fun!

I wish I could go to this but I have previous plans. Could you fill me in how this works because I have not taken my car there yet and I want to but I don't know what days would be good to go and I have a convertible do I need a helmut? What about the following Sunday "Fun Day"?

I wish I could go to this but I have previous plans. Could you fill me in how this works because I have not taken my car there yet and I want to but I don't know what days would be good to go and I have a convertible do I need a helmut? What about the following Sunday "Fun Day"?

There are many days that you could go. Most weekends and week nights they have fun runs even if there is an event going on. That Sunday would be fine to give it a try.

It's the most fun naturally when they have a Ford day. Since you have a GT500 vert I would say that you will need a helmet. Make sure it is up to date, last fall mine was expired but they let me run since I had the coupe and this spring I bought a new one from Summit Racing.

It's a lot of fun but very difficult to get a good time with a GT500 on stock tires even if it is stock. I raced an 08 GT500 that was stock with my sons 08 Bullitt which is also stock and both were on street tires and he just barely beat me at the finish line!

Good Luck if you decide to give it a try, and post up how it goes. We need some excitement around here. This is the most dead summer for me as far as my cars go......... around here anyways!

There are many days that you could go. Most weekends and week nights they have fun runs even if there is an event going on. That Sunday would be fine to give it a try.

It's the most fun naturally when they have a Ford day. Since you have a GT500 vert I would say that you will need a helmet. Make sure it is up to date, last fall mine was expired but they let me run since I had the coupe and this spring I bought a new one from Summit Racing.

It's a lot of fun but very difficult to get a good time with a GT500 on stock tires even if it is stock. I raced an 08 GT500 that was stock with my sons 08 Bullitt which is also stock and both were on street tires and he just barely beat me at the finish line!

Good Luck if you decide to give it a try, and post up how it goes. We need some excitement around here. This is the most dead summer for me as far as my cars go......... around here anyways!

thanks for the info. I have a snowmobile helmet I hope that will do it's 2 years old, with face shield. I also have a motocross motorcycle helmet.

All I can say is don't get too crazy off the line. Try not to spin and feed the throttle in instead of just flooring it. Don't drive through the burnout water if you have your street tires on because the water will sit in the treads. Drive around it and do just a small dry burnout.

If you are looking for a good et and mph concentrate on the launch, don't worry too much about reaction time unless your goal is to actually beat the guy in the other lane.

Also I personally hate the staging at GLD, most tracks have lines or some kind of way to tell where you are staged. When in the right lane I had to look for the hole in concrete wall where the lights are. Probably not a problem for people that are always there but first time out it was a p.i.a. for me and I had to usually back up a little from going past.

Also try to stay off the rev limiter, that will kill your times as well.

I'm far from a pro but thats how it worked best when I was there with my sons 08 Bullitt, when I had my GT500 there last year off the line killed me everytime.

All I can say is don't get too crazy off the line. Try not to spin and feed the throttle in instead of just flooring it. Don't drive through the burnout water if you have your street tires on because the water will sit in the treads. Drive around it and do just a small dry burnout.

If you are looking for a good et and mph concentrate on the launch, don't worry too much about reaction time unless your goal is to actually beat the guy in the other lane.

Also I personally hate the staging at GLD, most tracks have lines or some kind of way to tell where you are staged. When in the right lane I had to look for the hole in concrete wall where the lights are. Probably not a problem for people that are always there but first time out it was a p.i.a. for me and I had to usually back up a little from going past.

Also try to stay off the rev limiter, that will kill your times as well.

I'm far from a pro but thats how it worked best when I was there with my sons 08 Bullitt, when I had my GT500 there last year off the line killed me everytime.

excellent, sounds like good advice! I will focus on the launch. My first time out, I am not going to even acknowledge the other car.

I frequent GLD alot. Advice for a first timer is,

Drive around the waterbox(burn out box) and in a high horsepower car like the 500 leave off idle like you are at a stoplight for the first few runs to get a feel for the track. At the end of the run you will be turning left by the ambulance sitting at the end of the track. I have seen a few first timers go down to the warning track. To find the starting line there are two holes in the walls a few inches off the ground. Try to get your front wheels to line up the beams. You will see the two top yellow lights go off. Then creep up a little more to light the two lower lights. Then you are staged. I recommend lining up against a quieter car the first few times so you can get used to your cars noises and listen the to the motor. Otherwise if you line up against a cammed, blown, nitrous injected animal and you will hear nothing and will probably run slower because you will be watching the other car. If you run 12's be happy you are on the right track. I have seen some pullied 500's run low thirteens because of the driver. The mph traps were high but so was ET. Ford day is always a blast. I will be at a local car show that day. Good luck and let us know how you do.

I frequent GLD alot. Advice for a first timer is,

Drive around the waterbox(burn out box) and in a high horsepower car like the 500 leave off idle like you are at a stoplight for the first few runs to get a feel for the track. At the end of the run you will be turning left by the ambulance sitting at the end of the track. I have seen a few first timers go down to the warning track. To find the starting line there are two holes in the walls a few inches off the ground. Try to get your front wheels to line up the beams. You will see the two top yellow lights go off. Then creep up a little more to light the two lower lights. Then you are staged. I recommend lining up against a quieter car the first few times so you can get used to your cars noises and listen the to the motor. Otherwise if you line up against a cammed, blown, nitrous injected animal and you will hear nothing and will probably run slower because you will be watching the other car. If you run 12's be happy you are on the right track. I have seen some pullied 500's run low thirteens because of the driver. The mph traps were high but so was ET. Ford day is always a blast. I will be at a local car show that day. Good luck and let us know how you do.

thanks a lot I am feeling more confident now that I won't make myself look too stupid and also help me make the most of my runs. I wish I could go to that ford day sounds like I am going to miss out on a good thing :(

Archived