TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MMR rear seat delete install

The rear seat delete kit I ordered arrived today. It was built by MMR (modularmustagracing.com) but I purchased mine through American Muscle, due to the price break.

The install took all of 15 minutes. I plucked the original seat out, removed the hinges, took out the bottom seat belts, then snapped the new one in. That's it.

Here are some pics I took while installing.

Ken

DSC07969.jpg

DSC07970.jpg

DSC07971.jpg

DSC07972.jpg

DSC07973.jpg

The OEM seat + hardware weighed in at 26 lbs.

The delete kit weighs 9 lbs. Net weight loss = 17 lbs.

However, the main reason I installed this was because I'm planning on installing the Griggs roll bar and I think it will look cleaner without the backseat.

Ken

i had to uninstall the Shrader kit pictured below. The Recaro Racing Childseat wouldnt work with it :(

059-635_1.jpg

once he's old enough or i have another car, i want to buythe Agent 47 kit.

Agent47RearSeatDelete.jpg

I like that Agent47 kit too, but at $700, I took a pass for now.

My wife nearly had a coronary when she saw this thing installed tonight. I told her I can swap it in and out as needed.

I wonder what she'll say when the Griggs roll bar goes in. :rant2:

i had to uninstall the Shrader kit pictured below. The Recaro Racing Childseat wouldnt work with it :(

once he's old enough or i have another car, i want to buythe Agent 47 kit.

I really like the Agent 47 one also, but the for the price difference it really hard to beat the MMR kit.

Ken thanks for doing the weights.

Colin

I really like the Agent 47 one also, but the for the price difference it really hard to beat the MMR kit.

Ken thanks for doing the weights.

Colin

No sweat my man. Thanks for the heads up on this kit in the first place.

My brother Shelby and I are cruising out your way this Thursday morning, so John can check his car out. You should probably show Shelby how to drive his car, if you're around. ;)

No sweat my man. Thanks for the heads up on this kit in the first place.

My brother Shelby and I are cruising out your way this Thursday morning, so John can check his car out. You should probably show Shelby how to drive his car, if you're around. ;)

If I'm in town I'll make sure to be there. I'm working on the fastback at a body shop in the city.

That kit is cool, and for the price you could even recover it if you didn't like it and it would still be cheaper than everything else.

Latest picture attached

post-22916-1249970891_thumb.jpg

post-22916-1249970891_thumb.jpg

If I'm in town I'll make sure to be there. I'm working on the fastback at a body shop in the city.

That kit is cool, and for the price you could even recover it if you didn't like it and it would still be cheaper than everything else.

Latest picture attached

Your 65 is really coming along dude. It looks great so far!

You're right on with this kit. I was already thinking of maybe getting a Shelby or Griggs logo put on the upright piece. But recovering it completely probably wouldn't be much more expensive than that. I'll keep this thread posted on that.

Ken

Ken,

I forgot to tell you that I'm relocating the battery in the ST to under the rear seat delete kit behind the passenger. On the 65 also.

Colin

Very nice! I've had the Steeda relocation kit on order for my SGT for a week or so. Is the passenger side the better place to locate it?

I was planning on the driver's side because of my amp. But I might ditch the amp anyway and go back to my Shaker setup (Pioneer head unit took a shit after 3 months).

Ken

I'm putting the battery under what would have been the back seat bottom. On the floor, above the gas tank. The lower you can put weight, the better. Plus I'm using a very small, light battery that can be mounted in any position. Just doing this will move 15lbs. in the car from top of the engine compartment to the floor board, about 24". It's probably minuscule but every little bit helps.

Keep your eyes open for next mod, 335s on 18x12s all the way around ;)

Colin

I'm putting the battery under what would have been the back seat bottom. On the floor, above the gas tank. The lower you can put weight, the better. Plus I'm using a very small, light battery that can be mounted in any position. Just doing this will move 15lbs. in the car from top of the engine compartment to the floor board, about 24". It's probably minuscule but every little bit helps.

Keep your eyes open for next mod, 335s on 18x12s all the way around ;)

Colin

Jesus man, I give up trying to keep up! :lol:

I need tires, brakes, roll bar, and a lotto win and I'm set. ;)

Ken

I like that Agent47 kit too, but at $700, I took a pass for now.

My wife nearly had a coronary when she saw this thing installed tonight. I told her I can swap it in and out as needed.

I wonder what she'll say when the Griggs roll bar goes in. :rant2:

Ken,

If it all goes badly, beyond my other talents, I an a divorce lawyer and can uninstall a wife if need be. That process can take some time. For some reason, it takes longer to unintall than to install a wife and there is no way to do it without damaging the costly infastructure surrounding the wife.

When you put in the Griggs roll bar, make sure you put in a 5-point harness for the passenger seat and you can tell her, quite truthfully, that you did it for her because you are sensitive to her needs.

Jim

Ken,

If it all goes badly, beyond my other talents, I an a divorce lawyer and can uninstall a wife if need be. That process can take some time. For some reason, it takes longer to unintall than to install a wife and there is no way to do it without damaging the costly infastructure surrounding the wife.

When you put in the Griggs roll bar, make sure you put in a 5-point harness for the passenger seat and you can tell her, quite truthfully, that you did it for her because you are sensitive to her needs.

Jim

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Seeing the picture of your MMR install before you had attached the trunk entry gave me an epic idea. I think it may have sparked my next project.

i think i can use the MMR piece as a base for the cab side of the outrageously priced Raceskinz piece and for a LOT less then 3500.00 dollars.

-level out the front edge, find some thicker carpet, hood pins and a piece of aluminium to cover the top of the trunk entry...voila 3500.00 dollar rear seat delete for under 400.00

i can't use the spare tire part of the Raceskins piece anyways, I've got a W7 flush-mounted in my spare tire well, and id rather not add the weight of a full size spare in my trunk anyways. I've still got to wait until I can get rid of a childseat, so it's simply a pipe dream for now.

Ken,

Jim

:hysterical: I like it - the Jim Clark Wife Delete Kit

I may need to order one of these sooner than later at the rate I'm going! :lol:

That looks very cool. Good job.

looks good, I think this is the one for me. :dance:

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. It's taking me some getting used to for sure. Right now, I like the idea of it more than the look. Hopefully it'll grow on me. ;)

Ken

I agree with you about the look KAHMANN. I think the idea is great but it needs a little more than what it is. Call me crazy but Ithink it would look cool if it were aluminum or stainless. Well at least it would give it a racer look. Like I said before though ....your car looks great. :victory:

I agree with you about the look KAHMANN. I think the idea is great but it needs a little more than what it is. Call me crazy but Ithink it would look cool if it were aluminum or stainless. Well at least it would give it a racer look. Like I said before though ....your car looks great. :victory:

Thanks man. I'll be dressing this thing up somehow, just not sure exactly how just yet. Hell I might just sell the thing and go with the aluminum Agent47 kit after all. :lol:

Hell I might just sell the thing and go with the aluminum Agent47 kit after all. :lol:

I'd be inclined as well to go with the Agent 47 kit.....if I knew a bit more about it. The single photo they show along with their mini-description is intriguing, yet the price makes me want to know more first.

Some time ago I had written them and asked for more details, but it went unanswered. I never did followup.

Anybody onboard here have one?

Kevin

I'd be inclined as well to go with the Agent 47 kit.....if I knew a bit more about it. The single photo they show along with their mini-description is intriguing, yet the price makes me want to know more first.

Some time ago I had written them and asked for more details, but it went unanswered. I never did followup.

Anybody onboard here have one?

Kevin

Good point. I just put an email into the couple of addresses I have on file for them.

I'll let ya know if they respond.

Ken

Archived