TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy

hossdriver

Hello Forum,

New to the group... Owned and operated mustangs for a dozen years now (88 LX 5.0) and just purchased a used 08 Red Coupe (white stripes) with just under 1,200 miles... :yahoo:

For anyone interested, I'm from Brownsburg, IN (home of O'Reilly Raceway Park and the NHRA Nationals). I work in a building owned by Don Prudhomme and right across the street from John Force's newly renovated headquarters...

C

Greetings from Carmel. Welcome to TS. I just bought mine in June and I have learned so much about these cars since from this site! I'll see you on 465, watch out for all those new plain brown wrapper GTs the IHP has just gotten! :)

Okay, so I've got a buddy in town for an interview. Brought him down from Ft Wayne on Friday and let him stay at my place. Coming home from dinner I catch this beauty out of the corner of my eye. They didn't keep it in the showroom, they just left it out under the front awning and no security. Its funnier for my girlfriend to tell it, because she swears we turned in the lot on two wheels. The Escape didn't even come to a complete stop before I was over peering in the windows.

I turned to my buddy and said, 'Ya know, this might not stay here through the weekend"

So my buddy takes off for home at around 4pm the next day. My girlfriend had been entertaining my buddy's lady friend during the interview that day. She no longer sat down and sighed with exhaustion when I said, "Don't take your shoes off honey, we're going for a drive".

I drove the car, all the while crunching numbers in the budget. The faster we accelerated on I-74, the faster I did the math in my head...

Needless to say, I called my Buddy just as he was getting into Ft. Wayne and told him what I had done. My face hasn't quit hurting from all the smiling... It becomes the first car that I have ever owned, that was built in the same decade that I bought it...

Archived