TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB Tomorrow

drlovegun

I'm taking her in tomorrow at 8am after waiting for 3 weeks for all the parts to arrive.

They're replacing the clutch/flywheel/synchros.

Good Luck. :lurk:

Try to give them the car with no more than a 1/8th of a tank of gas. That way if you get the car back empty or at least damn near empty, and the elapsed mileage on the ODO is minimal (did I mention that you should note the car's mileage too) you can safely assume that they hot rodded your car during the test drive.

How would you know that? Well, if they only put 5 miles on the odo but sucked down an 1/8th of a tank, you can bet your butt that someone was stomping the throttle HARD during that 5 mile test drive. The gas mileage on these cars many be bad, but it isn't THAT bad.

I did/do that with my car, and busted the technician cold. They (the dealer)/he could not argue that an 1/8th of a tank was burned up with only 2.5 elapsed miles on the ODO.

Just think about what you said, pay him extra money under the table to do his job.

I don't blame you, but what kind of a world do we live in. I wish I could treat my clients like Ford does and have a job the next day. Even if was an A hole, I would be out a job if I acted like these Ford dealers.

I'm taking her in tomorrow at 8am after waiting for 3 weeks for all the parts to arrive.

Any last minute suggestions or comments?

They have my 09' right now getting the TSB done. Of course I brought it in at 4K miles and bitched about it just to be told it was normal. Now it is being done at 10K miles and suppose to get it back tomorrow.

I am holding my breath they do it right.

Exactly what I previously posted. A real shame you can't just rely on people taking pride in their work.

Any last minute suggestions or comments?

Good luck! give us a report.

I'm waiting for my parts for the same thing.

Oh boy, 2 days done and going into day 3.

Does this seem a little long??

The clutch and flywheel change is no big deal but going inside the tranny to change out the syncros they better now what they are doing. :banghead: I suspect this is the hold up. Wish you luck they get it right!

make sure a MASTER TECH is the one doing the work and be over their shoulders like a hawk.

It's my experiance that standing over anyone's should why they are working, increases the chance of mistakes. I would show interest and try like heck not to be a pain in the ars to the person doing the job. Would you even allow someone to do that to you? Didn't think so.

All Done and I've got 30 miles on her now. What a difference!! And the KR shifter is the balls!

They did a great job and even gave me a rental for a couple days. I didn't even get the car there, Autofair Ford in Manchester NH just gained a customer for life!

Great news. There are good dealers out there. Same situation for me, they did the warranty work 3 times and I didn't buy my car from them (none available and they didn't ADM the ones they got). But, I have bought many other vehicles from them and will continue to since they have treated me so well on the GT500.

All Done and I've got 30 miles on her now. What a difference!! And the KR shifter is the balls!

They did a great job and even gave me a rental for a couple days. I didn't even get the car there, Autofair Ford in Manchester NH just gained a customer for life!

Fantastic news! still waiting for my parts.

Fantastic news! still waiting for my parts.

Geez, this isn't the first thread I've read here about this. I just bought mine 3 weeks ago, brand new with 12.9 miles on it. I just looked at the manufacturers date in the door jamb and it's 7/08.

It's got 721 miles on it now and I've noticed on ocassion, from either a light throttle start or when pulling into my driveway (which has a slight incline) that the car shutters. It feels like it's not making good contact between the clutch disc, pressure plate and flywheel. I've also noticed at times that it doesn't like going into 2nd gear, like it's stiff. The other gears it shifts real smooth but 2nd is definitely different.

I'm sure I saw a thread on here that gives the info on which build dates were effected. I'll do a search and see if mine is one of them. I thought maybe it was just me getting used to having a stick shift again but then again I've had several over the years so maybe it is the car?

Glad to hear you had a great experience with getting your car repaired properly and great service. There are several very good dealerships out there, you just have to find who they are and use them exclusively. Congrats man!

Geez, this isn't the first thread I've read here about this. I just bought mine 3 weeks ago, brand new with 12.9 miles on it. I just looked at the manufacturers date in the door jamb and it's 7/08.

It's got 721 miles on it now and I've noticed on ocassion, from either a light throttle start or when pulling into my driveway (which has a slight incline) that the car shutters. It feels like it's not making good contact between the clutch disc, pressure plate and flywheel. I've also noticed at times that it doesn't like going into 2nd gear, like it's stiff. The other gears it shifts real smooth but 2nd is definitely different.

I'm sure I saw a thread on here that gives the info on which build dates were effected. I'll do a search and see if mine is one of them. I thought maybe it was just me getting used to having a stick shift again but then again I've had several over the years so maybe it is the car?

Glad to hear you had a great experience with getting your car repaired properly and great service. There are several very good dealerships out there, you just have to find who they are and use them exclusively. Congrats man!

Here ya go:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=35706&hl=

Just think about what you said, pay him extra money under the table to do his job.

I don't blame you, but what kind of a world do we live in. I wish I could treat my clients like Ford does and have a job the next day. Even if was an A hole, I would be out a job if I acted like these Ford dealers.

Well said!

Guys, especially thouse that have had the TSB done.

Curious about some new things that I have noticed that were not there before.

Do you have this odd squeaking beneath the shifter area, that you did not have before or even have it at all or know what it could be. I do have the KR shifter but that was there before.

Also, I had thought all my problems still are clutch related but I am now thinking it is something else because I sometimes get an odd feeling when shifting gears, like the gear that I am putting the shifter in is loose or has play in, another not a nice solid direct through but sort of sloppy and sounds bad.

I really think I just need a new tranny unless I get some one to take apart my transmission and put it back together again that knows wtf they are doing!

Lastly, does anyone know if I have the right since my car is under warranty to try taking it to another dealer to have the TSB done over or whatever needs to be done or am I stuck at my current dealer since they started the work?

IMO since its under warranty, even though I have had it done (incorrectly) from one dealer, I should have the right to try another, I just don't know if Ford will alow it, maybe they will force me to bring it back to the same dealer, but I just don't have faith in them. Maybe not their fault but if its not then they should make it right and put in a new tranny!

ahhhh frustrated :(

Really been looking at the new GT500s to sell mine for one but I just love the looks of this car and it should be made right!

Nothing catastropic though as of yet other than occasional grind into 2nd and tough to get in and out of 1st and reverse but nothing terribly obvious I guess youd say unless you drove the car alot like me.

Manchester NH is not too far from me, sorta lol, I might give them a call if I am allowed by Ford

Grabber I talked to JOe, great guy.

He believes my car does not sound right at all either but recommend to just go back to the same dealer and give his # to them but quite frankly I think they are too arrogant to call for help lol.

Thanks for the connection. He did say Ford is having MANY issues with this clutch and he still thinks it is probably just clutch related, not tranny related.

But like its been stated if a non qualified tech does the syncros wrong in the tranny, big problems can occur!

Archived