TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Edmunds : GT500 vs Camaro SS vs Challenger SRT

2sharpie

Thanks for the link 2sharpie. Nice to see the Shelby come out on top. Though, looking at it objectively..the camaro and challenger are very nice cars as well. They are definitely unique and truly muscle cars.

It's exciting to see these types of cars still being built in this day and age of the "smart" cars, "prius" and the like. Not that those cars are bad of course. Everyone likes something different.

Wow, howcome ever thing I read are different on the facts that cant be changed? This article has the ss as the lightest car in the bunch. However, very creatively written. I'm sure someone will cry foul. Oh, howcome the second opinion is 15 G's over and the firs was only 6 G's over the GT500? Inconsistent...

Wow, howcome ever thing I read are different on the facts that cant be changed? This article has the ss as the lightest car in the bunch. However, very creatively written. I'm sure someone will cry foul. Oh, howcome the second opinion is 15 G's over and the firs was only 6 G's over the GT500? Inconsistent...

I agree with the inconsistentcies in a lot of these comparison tests..........such as stating the GT500 is so much more expensive (yet look at what you get for the price difference......I see a lot of SS's well over 40K in MSRP around here, to include the body kit to differentiate it from the V6's, and it's horrible interior doesnt even have the options of Navigation/SYNC ---- there is no mistaking a GT500 for anything else). At least they are pretty much positive about everything the GT500 has to offer, especially being well worth the 50K price tag they use! It's a shame these cars may not last long with the current trend the government wants us to be driving............Get 'em while you can!

Just to insigate a bit...here is what I found from the latest 3 car showdown at motor trend. My comment is around 95 to 100 down.

"The Comaro a tuner, think again. At 10.7:1, Hennessey did it right by not going more than 6psi boost. Any more and the camaro turns into scrap.

How about a blown Challenger. The compression is slightly better than the camaro, 6.5psi boost anybody?

The GT500, 8.4:1, at 9psi boost, already has been proven at 1000+ hp with no internal upgrades. Now that's a tuner and don't even go into it because the Super Snake has been uncaged, don't believe me, do the homework.

OEM should be the name of the game here, unfortunately, there is no even turf here. Each car is great in its on worth, not debateable.

Few more things on the chart above, the GT500 uses Premium only, the milage should be 14/22, the block is iron, the Wheels are Forged on the coupe not Cast (greater strength, hhmmm). And, what is this I hear about the Hennessey using some special secret fuel...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one of each in my garage. Except for the Hennessey, make it a straight up 2SS. "

And then in a later post, someone actually thinks the GT500 is an aftermarket tuner, WTF!!!

There's no finger-tipping the GT500's striped cueball-style shift knob. Gearchanges are positive and precise, with a high-effort notchiness that requires a manly yank. Although it's a pain in the palm around town, the shifter works brilliantly at speed.

Guess im not manly enough in my 1-2 shift issue

Archived