TEAM SHELBY FORUM

REAR END LEAK

wickedstangs

I just discovered leakage from my pumpkin as well, but I have a Saleen Watts Link. Thing is, I hadn't driven the car in over a month and just discovered it. I have no idea why it started leaking, but I must assume the seal is bad. Does anyone have any suggestions? Remove the gasket, etc?

Thanks!

Refer to post #17 in this thread for a potential solution for your leak.

Refer to post #17 in this thread for a potential solution for your leak.

+1. I used a Lube Locker gasket when I installed my Techco watts link and so far dry as a bone. Before the Techco, I had a dealer install 3.73 gears. When I did the Techco install, I found the dealer had used a paper gasket which probably would have started leaking eventually.

+1. I used a Lube Locker gasket when I installed my Techco watts link and so far dry as a bone. Before the Techco, I had a dealer install 3.73 gears. When I did the Techco install, I found the dealer had used a paper gasket which probably would have started leaking eventually.

Another vote for the Lube Locker Gasket. Works really well.

• 2 weeks later...

Fluid on the passenger tube is likely from the vent. You shouldn't have fluid on the driver's side. It can't get over there from the vent. It also appears to be on the TOP of some of these diff pics. I would check the vent and make sure it is "venting" and some critter hasn't moved in there and plugged it. Some of these pics would suggest the diff is pressurizing and pushing fluid past the diff cover.

Tom

Archived