TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Don't care for the Sirius

cutter

Anybody like the sat. radio???? I not care for it and wouldn't subscribe when it run's out..

comment's????

I like it & plus ALL NASCAR RACES are switching from XM to Sirius in Jan 2007 (No more XM). I can listen to stock info, The Parrot head channel called Margaritaville, Hair nation, the 70's, 80's, Howard Stern, Fianancial news, weather, NFL games, NBA games, NHL games & it's all CD quality. I'm paying the one time one & done rate of $500 for a lifetime hearing it in the car. Srcew the yearly rates.

I like it & plus ALL NASCAR RACES are switching from XM to Sirius in Jan 2007 (No more XM). I can listen to stock info, The Parrot head channel called Margaritaville, Hair nation, the 70's, 80's, Howard Stern, Fianancial news, weather, NFL games, NBA games, NHL games & it's all CD quality. I'm paying the one time one & done rate of $500 for a lifetime hearing it in the car. Srcew the yearly rates.

Maybe I just don't use it to its potential....

I wasn't going to keep it but with that news (NASCAR)I might change my mind. I do have some problems with it cutting out at times ,some stations more then others. I espcially like the" Gold " station which has 50's music.

Hey Coldwater,

Is that $500 one-time life-time subscription available in separate payments?

I think I might do that.

Dave

No it's a 1 time charge when you renew. As far as the companies Fianancials go XM is in bad shape also & when they lose NASCAR & Sirius gets NASCAR a lot of folks will make the switch & Sirius is also talking about adding Video & Direct TV signals to them in the future :happy feet:

I thought I heard sirius was in financial trouble. I don't mean to butt in but I'm sure I heard that somewhere. If they're not, then that would be a good deal, Especially if you can get it on all your radios.

Both XM and Sirius are in trouble. Look for a merger. As to whose name is retained, it's anyones guess.

The financial model for both companies suck. I'm no rocket scientist, but no P/E and a negative future P/E is not a good sign (in this example, it's XM)

XMSR Intraday Chart5d 1m 3m 1y 3y 5y 10y Market Cap. 3.95 Bil

Total Shares Out. 268.54 Mil

Avg. Daily Volume 9.30 Mil

P/E NA

Forward P/E -5.80

Earnings/Share -3.01

Return on Equity -13,777.87

Look at it this way, from a collector's standpoint, it'll be cool to have in your car in 25 years. Kinda like the cassette decks with microphone in 'Cudas.

:doh:

bj

I like it but they could have added a premium feature for more presets........you still only get 6 presets for what...175 channels? I like it and am driving cross country this summer with it...so, its a keeper for now ...

Carlo,

You get 18 presets, as there is a SAT 1, SAT 2 & SAT 3 selection.

My major complaint is that in the SF Bay Area there are overpasses everywhere. Plus, I get some pretty major drop-out traveling through tree-lined roads. As I don't do a lot of open road driving, it's value for me is significantly lower.

• 1 month later...

Carlo,

You get 18 presets, as there is a SAT 1, SAT 2 & SAT 3 selection.

My major complaint is that in the SF Bay Area there are overpasses everywhere. Plus, I get some pretty major drop-out traveling through tree-lined roads. As I don't do a lot of open road driving, it's value for me is significantly lower.

yes but you only get 6 per channel.....there really ins't much on 2 and 3.....wheather etc..

I agree regards the overpasses...

I have had it on several rental cars in several cities around the US and usually end up turning it off or over to local radio. The constant dropouts drive me nuts. Its useless. I don't think I have heard a single song that did not drop out at least once while driving. Would not have it if it were free. Well, on the rentals it was and still did not like it.

I have had it on several rental cars in several cities around the US and usually end up turning it off or over to local radio. The constant dropouts drive me nuts. Its useless. I don't think I have heard a single song that did not drop out at least once while driving. Would not have it if it were free. Well, on the rentals it was and still did not like it.

I like it, very clear, no ads, amazing amount of choices.

I like it too. Although I did not want it drilled into the deck. When I go on extended road trips I use the "home set-up" and place the antenna on the interior rear deck and simply transfer the unit from my truck. It does get interference when you are downtown with the high-rises. I think it is the best thing since F.M. radio.

where are you located? Are you driving to slow under bridges :hysterical: cause mine has yet to drop out unless I pull in the garage

where are you located? Are you driving to slow under bridges :hysterical: cause mine has yet to drop out unless I pull in the garage

Drove rental cars with sirius in Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Diego, Hawaii both Oahu and Kona and a Hertz Shelby in San Francisco. Same drop out problems every city. Downtown - too many buildings, suburbs - too many trees, freeway - too many overpasses. Co-workers have it here in Houston, and I can't stand to listen to it when we go to lunch. They ignore the problem like it does not exist. I will not pay for service like this. I guess it might work in open cross country driving but for urban commuting, its useless and frustrating. I suppose if they would build them with some sort of buffer that would store 30sec to a minute of data to get around the dead spots, but it does not. Just cuts out. Usually very short gaps, but nonetheless awful. Very pooly executed product. In time I predict it will fail due to technology improvements and financial faults.

Drove rental cars with sirius in Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Diego, Hawaii both Oahu and Kona and a Hertz Shelby in San Francisco. Same drop out problems every city. Downtown - too many buildings, suburbs - too many trees, freeway - too many overpasses. Co-workers have it here in Houston, and I can't stand to listen to it when we go to lunch. They ignore the problem like it does not exist. I will not pay for service like this. I guess it might work in open cross country driving but for urban commuting, its useless and frustrating. I suppose if they would build them with some sort of buffer that would store 30sec to a minute of data to get around the dead spots, but it does not. Just cuts out. Usually very short gaps, but nonetheless awful. Very pooly executed product. In time I predict it will fail due to technology improvements and financial faults.

maybe a better antenna is needed?

Archived