TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SR at SAAC 34

Here is some of my in car video of the SR you guys are talking about. Go to about the 5:30 mark, this is where I thought I was at a track day and a race broke out!! I was in the black ShelbyGT race car #05, keep in mind I only have a little non SC 4.6...

Great video!! Nice style, you are very smooth. Who was driving the other car?

MM

Here is some of my in car video of the SR you guys are talking about. Go to about the 5:30 mark, this is where I thought I was at a track day and a race broke out!! I was in the black ShelbyGT race car #05, keep in mind I only have a little non SC 4.6...

I saw you there...nice car and nice runs...SR pulled you some on the straights but you hung right in there in the turns.

Nice video

Love the video! From the looks of your interior mods I suspect the " I only have a little non SC 4.6..." is a bit misleading. Never the less your lines look great and demonstrate that power is only part of the equation. Congrats!

jpl

Love the video! From the looks of your interior mods I suspect the " I only have a little non SC 4.6..." is a bit misleading. Never the less your lines look great and demonstrate that power is only part of the equation. Congrats!

jpl

The car is set up for SCCA T2 competition, engine is stock except for a 100 octane tune, suspension is stock(FRPP handling package) except for JRZ 3 way adjustable shocks. Also the SCCA allows us to use the 14" front brake kit off of the GT500.

The balanced and blueprinted engine is going in soon, I can't wait!!

• 2 weeks later...
Great video!

Hope I can master the "heal/toe" someday. Maybe after my next track day on Sept. 8th.

Is that what the SGT/SR looks like? I think I like the original SGT stripes better.

Side graphic has changed. We have had the proto-type out there doing all of the work.

Roger

I see they added the Powered by Ford badge, in Tulsa it had the GT badge on the fenders. I thought only the SR got that ugly side stripe with the Cobra tooth notched out of it? I didn't think they put that on the GT/SR

That is an awesome video I didn't want it to end. I know how competive Gary P is I bet that was killing him that you could keep up so easily in the corners. Actually the person who was driving looked like they were driving all over the track so I bet it wasn't him driving since Gary is a much better driver than that.

Damn Dude, you are a DRIVING FOOL!!!! :shift: Honestly, I would be too scared I would wreck my car if I drove that hard. Looked to me like you kept so much pressure on the SR and that made him make mistakes. You go dude!!!

I think it was Gary Patterson behind the wheel.

Also watch my rear view mirror for the GT...

It was Gary P at the wheel. Also his first time at or on this track. And I believe this was your home track, correct? Great footwork on those pedals! Thanks for sharing. I can now give Gary a hard time :)

Roger

Great video.

You can sure drive that beast.

Thanks for posting.

Great video!!!!

Excuse the ignorance but when you blip hard during the downshift with a heel toe manuver, what is the purpose...I would guess to get the revs up to match the downshft speed smoother?

What are you running for wheels and rubber? You also seem to have a pretty beefy cage in that thing...cool.

Thanks for sharing!!

It was Gary P at the wheel. Also his first time at or on this track. And I believe this was your home track, correct? Great footwork on those pedals! Thanks for sharing. I can now give Gary a hard time :)

Roger

Yes Roger it is my home track, if we would not have come up on the backmarkers so fast you could have seen that Gary was figuring out the track and putting distance between us. Next time you have to bring 2 of GT/SR's!!!

Great video!!!!

Excuse the ignorance but when you blip hard during the downshift with a heel toe manuver, what is the purpose...I would guess to get the revs up to match the downshft speed smoother?

What are you running for wheels and rubber? You also seem to have a pretty beefy cage in that thing...cool.

Thanks for sharing!!

The main reason for rev matching is so the car does not become unsettled by the spike in RPM. I use 2 different methods, the one used in the vid, and a clutchless downshift. Left foot on brake, bump shifter into neutral, blip throttle with right foot while applying pressure to gearshift, and if done correctly trans will fall into gear..... Unlike NASCAR cars it is very difficult to get wheelhop on downshifting because of the width of the back tires.

As far as wheels, I have 3 sets of Fikse wheels off of the FR500C. The SCCA mandates that I run 18x9.5" wheels all the way around so we have to order 1/2 smaller inner section of the 3 pc wheel from Fikse. We are also allowed to run the GT500 brakes, they stick out a little more than the FR500's do so I run a small spacer on the front wheels to compensate. I also have a set of Forgelines that I'm looking to sell so all of my wheels match.

For tires I run 275 18 Hoosier A6 in the front and 295 18 Hoo Hoo A6's on the rear.

Suspension is stock Shelby GT (FRPP handling package) except for the JRZ 3 way remote shocks.

The cage work that is done in the car is awesome, better than the factory FR's. You can't slide a pull tie between the tube and the a pillar!! It was doe by Mark McMahon in Ohio. If anybody ever wants to put any type of cage or roll bar in have him do it!!

• 2 weeks later...
The main reason for rev matching is so the car does not become unsettled by the spike in RPM. I use 2 different methods, the one used in the vid, and a clutchless downshift. Left foot on brake, bump shifter into neutral, blip throttle with right foot while applying pressure to gearshift, and if done correctly trans will fall into gear..... Unlike NASCAR cars it is very difficult to get wheelhop on downshifting because of the width of the back tires.

As far as wheels, I have 3 sets of Fikse wheels off of the FR500C. The SCCA mandates that I run 18x9.5" wheels all the way around so we have to order 1/2 smaller inner section of the 3 pc wheel from Fikse. We are also allowed to run the GT500 brakes, they stick out a little more than the FR500's do so I run a small spacer on the front wheels to compensate. I also have a set of Forgelines that I'm looking to sell so all of my wheels match.

For tires I run 275 18 Hoosier A6 in the front and 295 18 Hoo Hoo A6's on the rear.

Suspension is stock Shelby GT (FRPP handling package) except for the JRZ 3 way remote shocks.

The cage work that is done in the car is awesome, better than the factory FR's. You can't slide a pull tie between the tube and the a pillar!! It was doe by Mark McMahon in Ohio. If anybody ever wants to put any type of cage or roll bar in have him do it!!

Thank you for the info, very cool!

AWESOME CAR!

I pm'd you about your wheels...

• 2 weeks later...

great video, you are very smooth, and trust me, Gary Patterson couldnt have been very happy, thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why, but I never put these pics up. I was there as well and have one with the hood up, one with me, and one with Robert, Bud and myself. Gary was kind enough to take these pictures.

I can't wait until next year, I plan to get my Shelby out on the track as well. Anyway, enjoy the pics,

Jim

post-20282-1255190165_thumb.jpg

post-20282-1255190186_thumb.jpg

post-20282-1255190218_thumb.jpg

post-20282-1255190165_thumb.jpg

post-20282-1255190186_thumb.jpg

post-20282-1255190218_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I never put these pics up. I was there as well and have one with the hood up, one with me, and one with Robert, Bud and myself. Gary was kind enough to take these pictures.

I can't wait until next year, I plan to get my Shelby out on the track as well. Anyway, enjoy the pics,

Jim

Thanks for posting pics Jim. I really need to get a good look at this track beast.

Archived