TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel spinners mod & undercoating

i like the spinners :rockon: i have thought of getting them for my ride.

thanks greaser had to break all the black !! I actually had to fabricate the towers that extend the spinner out and make the backing plate to hold the spinners on. The front hit the dust cap had to flatten the cap then took the washers that hold the bench grinding wheel on and used them on the front wheels.Flipping them over they sat deeper in the rim towards the spinner giving me more clearance from the dust cover.

RACER,

Thanks for informing us about the DIY undercoating. I did not know there was a product like that available. How many cans did it take you?

BTW, Your car is really taking on a nice look.

I went heavy covering the whole trans tunnel and seams used about 7 cans. It drys quick and almost to a hard surface.

Thanks for the compliment !!!

RACER,

Thanks for informing us about the DIY undercoating. I did not know there was a product like that available. How many cans did it take you?

BTW, Your car is really taking on a nice look.

I forgot to say make sure you wear a filter mask and long sleeves which I didn't!! Also make sure you vent your garage or do it outside which I didn't because you will be stoned from the vapors which I was :drool: !!! Damn good high!! Wear googles or work glass and don't spray right over you like I did.

Thanks Check6, I like cause it just breaks up the black and reminds me of speed racer!! :happy feet:

Oh no,,,he didn't say speed racer?? DOH!!

KNock offs are cool, I think powder coated black ones would look real bad a$$!! Or even a tungsten,,yeah thats it!

Oh no,,,he didn't say speed racer?? DOH!!

KNock offs are cool, I think powder coated black ones would look real bad a$$!! Or even a tungsten,,yeah thats it!

I agree that knock-offs are cool...but, aren't those lug nuts under there...?

IMHO no.

IMHO no.

Yep, he has lug nuts under his "simulated" Knock offs.. But then, who can afford let alone find a set of halbrand wheels anymore..

It does kill me when folks refer to "Knock offs" as "Spinners" after all, they were made to simulate a real Knock off.. Spinners are something you find on a 25 inch wheel running down the road on an Escalade...hold on a sec,,,getting sick here...

I know there are a couple of high end replicar companies making the repro of the cobra, they have true knock offs,,,,and you pay for them too.

GNB

Yep, he has lug nuts under his "simulated" Knock offs.. But then, who can afford let alone find a set of halbrand wheels anymore..

It does kill me when folks refer to "Knock offs" as "Spinners" after all, they were made to simulate a real Knock off.. Spinners are something you find on a 25 inch wheel running down the road on an Escalade...hold on a sec,,,getting sick here...

I know there are a couple of high end replicar companies making the repro of the cobra, they have true knock offs,,,,and you pay for them too.

GNB

I read this thread and was trying to figure out who put spinners on the car. I was thinking OMG this will look real crazy. Thanks for the clariifcation "Knock Offs".

Spinners-Spinners-Spinners-SpinnerSpinners-SpinnerSpinners- and with my NOS NOS NOS there is that annoying Beyatch!!

Sweddy can't wait till we go on are first date so, I can show my center cap emblems that are being designed at the graphic shop. I know you guy's are jealous of my spinner but Swedman told me it would be a good idea.!!! To show you guys up.

:hysterical:

GNB

+++++1111111 ....................." Knock Off " is correct in more ways than one !! they are knock offs of "Knock Offs" Ha.......................

Nothing is coler than a true knock off and spindle ,,,,,,,,,,,I had a 67 XKE with knock-off wire wheels .............came with a lead/brass mallet very cool ............most real road race knock off these days not a tri- wing , most are hex nuts with a safety wire hole..........ZDS

+++++1111111 ....................." Knock Off " is correct in more ways than one !! they are knock offs of "Knock Offs" Ha.......................

Nothing is coler than a true knock off and spindle ,,,,,,,,,,,I had a 67 XKE with knock-off wire wheels .............came with a lead/brass mallet very cool ............most real road race knock off these days not a tri- wing , most are hex nuts with a safety wire hole..........ZDS

Right on the money...

GNB

IMHO no.

Hey AstroDan you and the other wisea$$ made me think about those chrome lugs for now I will paint them black!! In the mean time will figure out away to make like there are no lugs there.

Archived