TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Home!!! Total 2200 miles..pics included

Ok! The Shelby finally made it to my garage late lastnite. Total miles from Avon Park, Fl to Phoenix Az, was just over 2200 miles. And what a trip it was. Had a blast. We ended up making a vacation out of picking up the car. Driving was probably the most fun..lol..The car handled great and was really flet great to sit in. Yesterday was the longest day, we drove from Austin Tx to Phx, right over 1000 miles. Stuck in a rain storm in Tucson so I pulled off to a garage and had dinner and waited it out. I took about 600 pics (for scrapbooking) but here are some of my favorites. I'll include a snapfish link when I get them all loaded in.

Oh..I also felt like a superstar driving. I got so much attention..what I wanted that's why I picked the color combo. It was nice to see all the fingers pointing and the head turning. Everytime I stopped for gas I would have several people coming up to look at her. It also attracted the Police..stopped total of 5 times (never a ticket) but got annoying after a while..lol.. Especially for going like 10 miles over the speed limit on the I-10.

I can't wait till the weekend when I can claybar and detail her. And for the clear bar debate. I do wish I had one installed. The dealership was in such a small town that they couldn't do it for me. I ended up having just 1 small rock chip on the front. It's really hard to see, but of course I can see it! I ended up cleaning the front after each stop. I'm sure that helped with the bugs getting dried on.

In a few weeks I'm going to change up the exhaust and get a pully and tune. I'll pose dyno numbers when it's done. Talk soon!

post-25250-1249584312_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584322_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584335_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584346_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584356_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584364_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584371_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584380_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584388_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584312_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584322_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584335_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584346_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584356_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584364_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584371_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584380_thumb.jpg

post-25250-1249584388_thumb.jpg

When did you roll through NO. I was just in that area about a month ago. In fact took a picture of the exact house you parked in front of with all the trees. The French Quarters has come back nice.

Did drive over to the lower 9th and it still has a long was to go.

Nice ride brotha' that color combo looks great in real world pictures. I was not so sure when I look at the studio pics I have been seeing on the internet. Looks great in natural light.

Good call on the road trip.. :happy feet:

Ok! The Shelby finally made it to my garage late lastnite. Total miles from Avon Park, Fl to Phoenix Az, was just over 2200 miles. And what a trip it was. Had a blast. We ended up making a vacation out of picking up the car. Driving was probably the most fun..lol..The car handled great and was really flet great to sit in. Yesterday was the longest day, we drove from Austin Tx to Phx, right over 1000 miles. Stuck in a rain storm in Tucson so I pulled off to a garage and had dinner and waited it out. I took about 600 pics (for scrapbooking) but here are some of my favorites. I'll include a snapfish link when I get them all loaded in.

Oh..I also felt like a superstar driving. I got so much attention..what I wanted that's why I picked the color combo. It was nice to see all the fingers pointing and the head turning. Everytime I stopped for gas I would have several people coming up to look at her. It also attracted the Police..stopped total of 5 times (never a ticket) but got annoying after a while..lol.. Especially for going like 10 miles over the speed limit on the I-10.

I can't wait till the weekend when I can claybar and detail her. And for the clear bar debate. I do wish I had one installed. The dealership was in such a small town that they couldn't do it for me. I ended up having just 1 small rock chip on the front. It's really hard to see, but of course I can see it! I ended up cleaning the front after each stop. I'm sure that helped with the bugs getting dried on.

In a few weeks I'm going to change up the exhaust and get a pully and tune. I'll pose dyno numbers when it's done. Talk soon!

Im a foto buff and the picks in NO look out of this world.The contrast both in color and design are fantastic.Great job, great car.Good luck

Thx..yea NOLA was a lot of fun. I was there the month of Katrina 4 years ago. The French Quarter looked just about the same. We stayed at the Ritz-Calrton at a price that was just too good to pass up. The Valet there told me that the car was the topic of the weekend and more people came up to them about the GT500 than any other car he has parked. Give me a few days to upload all the other pics through the trip and I'll post the link here.

Nice story, great pics. I'm a little jealous of that road trip. That's what owning and driving Shelby is all about. Expieriences. :dance:

I ended up having just 1 small rock chip on the front. It's really hard to see, but of course I can see it! I ended up cleaning the front after each stop. I'm sure that helped with the bugs getting dried on.

Last week I suggested that you get some of the road wrap for some temporary protection. My comment was most likely to late and a dollar short. I'm glad you had a good trip home. You can get that little rock chip touched up and it will be history.

Here's the link to the road wrap product if you ever need it.

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/?gclid=COy1zKPjkZwCFRBbagodcGxEcw

Last week I suggested that you get some of the road wrap for some temporary protection. My comment was most likely to late and a dollar short. I'm glad you had a good trip home. You can get that little rock chip touched up and it will be history.

Here's the link to the road wrap product if you ever need it.

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/?gclid=COy1zKPjkZwCFRBbagodcGxEcw

How protective it is compared to venture shield from rock chips, i mean do they protect? By the way am getting mine today installed and it is done by the professional installer in MI from venture shield site Kelly Neely. Kinda nervous leaving the car there but i hope every thing goes alright.

Grabber..wow thx for the link. Yea when you sent me the idea I was already on the trip and didn't have access to check my email till half way through. I would have totally used that film, looks easy and perfect for long trips. I will buy that if I ever take it out on a trip again. Heck it's good for my 01 Cobra too!

About a week before I picked up my car I was asking about the 3M or the other products to put a clear bra on and the dealership couldn't do it and told me that I would have to stop at a larger town to try to put it on. Sharabi, how much are they charging you for the bra?

And yes I was lucky to get out of the tickets. They just didn't catch me when I was really getting on it. There was a perfect road right next to the Mississipi River that I had the chance to put it in sport mode and really open her up. All I have to say is wow! Lucky my fiance is a gear head like me and was all for it..lol..

Grabber..wow thx for the link. Yea when you sent me the idea I was already on the trip and didn't have access to check my email till half way through. I would have totally used that film, looks easy and perfect for long trips. I will buy that if I ever take it out on a trip again. Heck it's good for my 01 Cobra too!

About a week before I picked up my car I was asking about the 3M or the other products to put a clear bra on and the dealership couldn't do it and told me that I would have to stop at a larger town to try to put it on. Sharabi, how much are they charging you for the bra?

And yes I was lucky to get out of the tickets. They just didn't catch me when I was really getting on it. There was a perfect road right next to the Mississipi River that I had the chance to put it in sport mode and really open her up. All I have to say is wow! Lucky my fiance is a gear head like me and was all for it..lol..

It seems that i am paying more than what the other guys are doing, total of 1300. however i wanted to make sure that it has the warranty and to be done by certified installer recommended by venture shield themselves. the break down of it is:

Bumper $434.00

Hood/Fenders $265.00

Lamps / Spots / Signal $69.00

Rocker Panels / Side Stripes $387.00

"A" Pillars $35.00

Door Edges $40.00

Lower Rear Fenders $78.00

I showed the installer Grabber's video so it will to the vents and wraps around the edges.

Thank you grabber for your Video:

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x53/Gra...07-VID00002.flv

I hope that helps.

Archived