TEAM SHELBY FORUM

12 month warranty for GT500

My understanding your 36 month warrenty is reduced to 12 months if you modify your car ie. SuperSnake. Even if you go with the 605 HP which does not void the warrenty. I became aware of this when I had rear problems that luckily developed within the 12 month period after getting super snaked.

• 2 weeks later...

I just turned 17,000 on my 07' GT500 and brought it to my dealer for clutch drag & slipping .They said the clutch is out of warranty & they would not do the TSB because it's past the 12 Month 12000 mile mark!!I'm feeling royaly screwed as the symptons did not show up until in the mid 16,000 mile range.....

I just turned 17,000 on my 07' GT500 and brought it to my dealer for clutch drag & slipping .They said the clutch is out of warranty & they would not do the TSB because it's past the 12 Month 12000 mile mark!!I'm feeling royaly screwed as the symptons did not show up until in the mid 16,000 mile range.....

Try another dealer or have them call the Ford rep. I just had mine done at 20,000 miles.

My understanding your 36 month warrenty is reduced to 12 months if you modify your car ie. SuperSnake. Even if you go with the 605 HP which does not void the warrenty. I became aware of this when I had rear problems that luckily developed within the 12 month period after getting super snaked.

Respectfully, that information is not correct. My car retained it's full bumper to bumper warranty after is was SS'ed, and I subquently had two clutches replaced under warranty. I also have a 7/75,000 ESP on my car with full disclosure that it's a (605) Super Snake, and no one cared.

I just turned 17,000 on my 07' GT500 and brought it to my dealer for clutch drag & slipping. They said the clutch is out of warranty & they would not do the TSB because it's past the 12 Month 12000 mile mark!!I'm feeling royaly screwed as the symptons did not show up until in the mid 16,000 mile range.....

Don't believe that dealer, because they are lying to you. They are pushing you into paying because the dealer makes far more money on retail repairs than what FoMoCo will pay them in warranty. As stated above, my dealer GLADLY replaced two clutches, and the first one was replaced at 18,000 miles.

Get in their face and tell them to be truthful with you, and if they maintain their position, go to another dealer that is reputable and won't LIE to you about your warranty. You can also tell the 1st dealer that you want FoMoCo to arbitrate your warranty claim, and I would not be one bit surprised if they do an about face and fix your car under warranty. You can find more information about FoMoCo's arbitration policy in the back of your owner's manual.

Folks, I have said it before, and I will say it again, DO NOT take what the dealer tell's you at face value. They will do or say anything to avoid filing a warranty claim and stick you with the bill.

I want through the same issue with a dealer when I approched them to do the TSB. That dealer claimed that FoMoCo denied doing the work. So I went into Ford's warranty system and found out that the dealer NEVER contacted Ford to inquire about the work, they were just sandbaging me. I confronted the service writer and manager about their lie, and even though they both demured, they maintained that they would not do the TSB. So I took my car to another dealer, explained the TSB and the issues that I was having with my clutch and transmission, and they did the TSB repairs under warranty without even blinking an eye.

I took my car back to the first dealer, pulled up into the service drive, called out the service writer and manager, and proceeded to throw my warranty-paid invoice in their faces and flat out called them liers again. I also told them that they were stupid for lying to me for two reasons. One was because they could have gotten some money from Ford if they did the warranty repairs, and two because I reported them to FoMoCo for lying to me about the clutch not being covered under warranty. I recieved a letter about a month and half later from the dealership's owner apologizing to me for the service manager lying to me and was offered 1 year of free oil changes for my trouble. I contacted the owner, thanked him for his letter, but told him that I would NEVER do business with them even if the work was free.

Last I heard, the service manager was canned a few months later.

If Ford or the dealer cared enough about customer relations, whoever told you this would be fired. Simple as that. Totally wrong info, and even worse to think how people actually get taken advantage of from either outright lies or plain ignorance on the part of the employees....

Archived