TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is a DORA report?

Maxhenry

I thought it was just a way of Ford saying ok we know you want one. It is not saying you can have one. The DORA is nothing more then a computer telling another computer I have received your request. Now wait your turn. DORA is produced even without allocation. Am I correct? This is what I was told.

Let me shed some light on this topic:

1. When you sit down at the dealer and order the car, the salesman or sales manager will enter the order into the computer and be able to print a "Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC)" on the spot for you. To actually get that order submitted, hit the F4 button on the screen. Very, very few people at the dealership have the clearance to hit the submit button, so most of the time the VOC has not actually been submitted to Ford as the customer is still there.

2. After the customer leaves with a VOC, the salesman takes his copy of the VOC to someone at the dealership with the ability to actually submit an order (sales manager, inventory manager, etc.). Hopefully, the order gets re-entered exactly as it was listed on the VOC. A VOC can be 2 pages if there are a lot of optional items ordered for the car, so if only the 1st page was printed, then many items will be missed when re-entering the order with the sales manager.

3. Once the order is submitted (hopefully complete and correct), Ford will electronically generate a "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA)" that will print at the dealership the following day with other Ford communications. The dealership should put a copy of the DORA in the file for your order, and send you a copy of the DORA to review for accuracy. If the dealership input your order wrong, or if Ford read the order wrong, this would be the place to catch it and correct it.

4. Assuming any corrections need to be made, the dealership can alter the order to fix it for re-submission to Ford. Ford will issue another DORA overnight with the phrase "alter-order" at the top to confirm that they've corrected the order on their end. Again, the dealership should put a copy of the altered DORA in the file for your order, and send you a copy of the altered DORA to review for accuracy.

5. If the DORA is correct, then your car will be built correct. Once in a great while Ford may mess up, but not very often (called a mis-build).

Here is my DORA

th_DORA006.jpg

Title says it all. Thank you

Max,

Ask the dealer to show you the weekly electronic print out that Ford sends your dealer every week. That print out will show your order and the current status of the order. When you look at the print out, look for one of the following status. Get your dealer in the habit of showing you this report every week so you can see how your car is doing. My dealer faxed me the report every Thursday so I knew what was happening.

Order Status fields:

1.Matl Hold – Something is not available for the car to build.

2.Unschd/clean – unit is not scheduled. No VIN, no date, no guarantee to build. It is buildable once allocations and commodities allow.

3.Submitted to plant – Unit has been assigned a VIN and an assembly plant.

4.Scheduled – has a VIN and a build date

5.Locked in – changes can no longer be made

6.Bucked – unit is close to production. The car frame is carried on a “buck” that moves it along the line.

7.Produced – unit has been built.

8.Rel from plant – Unit is through inspection, ready to ship. May also say rel to Rail or rel to Convoy.

9.ttgxx1234567 – rail car number

10.Arrived at ramp XX – Car has been unloaded at rail head.

Here are some other key terms that may show up on the status report:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order. When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created. When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered.

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built

When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built

When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day

When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

P.S. I don't know what some of the terms mean...such as MP&L or VO

Here are some other key terms that may show up on the status report:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order. When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created. When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered.

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built

When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built

When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day

When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

P.S. I don't know what some of the terms mean...such as MP&L or VO

Grabber,

Thanks for all the information you post on this site. I was curious if you have ever seen the term "completed" used, my car has been sitting in Newark, NJ for 2 weeks now and it has been over 2 months since the car was built, I spoke to Ford CS, they tracked the car for me while it was being shipped, and they said that the status had changed to "completed", the rep had said that this info was kind of conflicting as it did not say delivered and he hadn't seen the term before. I spoke to a friend of mine who owns a dealership and he said he had seen it before but really did not know what it meant, but it did not mean delivered. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Jim

Grabber,

Thanks for all the information you post on this site. I was curious if you have ever seen the term "completed" used, my car has been sitting in Newark, NJ for 2 weeks now and it has been over 2 months since the car was built, I spoke to Ford CS, they tracked the car for me while it was being shipped, and they said that the status had changed to "completed", the rep had said that this info was kind of conflicting as it did not say delivered and he hadn't seen the term before. I spoke to a friend of mine who owns a dealership and he said he had seen it before but really did not know what it meant, but it did not mean delivered. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

I have never seen that term. :headscratch:

What term is showing up on the weekly electronic print out that goes to your dealer every Wed. or Thurs. ???

Jim,

I have never seen that term. :headscratch:

What term is showing up on the weekly electronic print out that goes to your dealer every Wed. or Thurs. ???

Grabber,

I got a very knowledgeable person at Ford CS today, and when I gave him my VIN number he started asking me a lot of questions because something wasn't right (not serious, just confusing). Basically because I ordered the car through a dealer in Fl. and was having it dropped shipped to NY, it has been difficult to track. I have no real relationship with the dealer in Fl. and have been using Ford CS almost exclusively to track the car. When the car got close to delivery last week the dealer in Fl. entered the car as sold, once they did this the computer system considers the car delivered to the customer and stops tracking it. Fortunately, the person that it was listed as being sold to was me. Unfortunately, the car is still in Newark, NJ waiting for the trucking company to pick it up and the computer is not taking updates to figure out where it is.

I am really getting frustrated with the whole situation, according to the window sticker the car was built on June 4th, so it has been over 2 months and still no car, the car shipped from Flat Rock on July 19th and arrived in its current place of limbo on July 25th. It is only about 50 Miles from the house and I can't do anything.

I keep trying to be patient but it is not easy.

Thanks for your assitance.

Regards,

Jim

• 5 months later...

Here is what the "VOC" looks like. Remember that a VOC does not mean that your car will be built. Ford has to review the VOC and then send back a DORA (Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement) to the dealer to confirm that the car will be built.

MY VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation)

th_001-1.jpg

If you have a good dealer that has great customer service.....they will send you status updates every week in the fax or e-mail. You have to ask for this. This will allow you to track the status of your build and keep you informed every week so you don't have to wonder what's going on. It's also nice documentation to have. Here is what the status update will look like. I have all of mine in a notebook.

One of my Status Updates

th_004-1.jpg

Archived