TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats your profession

alaska

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Six years in the military, then thirty years as a Paramedic in Florida with ten of it besing assigned to Swat. Retired now with a 27 y/o son coaching football in Kansas. He owns a 1968 AMX 390. I also have a 15 y/o with a 1976 T/A, my adopted 14 y/o who wants to be an USAF PJ with a 1971 Maverick, and a 13 y/o who doesent have a clue yet. My lovely wife has a 2012 Shelby Vert. is a hairdresser and has started a Drug Screening Company called AT Your Service Mobile Labs and Drug Screens. She provides drug screening nationwide. And, then there is me. As I said was a Paramedic for thirty years but 12 years before retirement started my own drug screening company that mainly works with local government and I have a 2012 Shelby Coupe.

My three youngest raced Hare Scrambles for 9 years until the oldest decided that with two state champions in the family it was time to hang it up. He decided it was all about winning and wasn't fun anymore. He said he was pushing to hard and had become afraid of getting hurt. Three months earlier the youngest one one crashed his bike and it caught fire. Always heard a four stroke would do it but had never seen it. Decided then maybe it was an omen and it was time to get out.

Being in government I was not affected by the economy but my wife's business as hairdresser was. We have been very lucky with our retirement and lives and I hope that everyone else makes it work also.

Welcome-this is a great place to meet people that have similar interests and varied backgrounds. I have been an EMT for 30 years-nearest er is 45 miles so we kind of rewrite the textbook as we go. Some very intersting calls for sure! Enjoy your retirement.

As with a lot of the folks on here I am also in the military. USAF for the last 15 years. Started working on Aircraft then I was a MTI ( drill instructor ) back to aircraft and now I'm an air force recruiter!! Have enjoyed every min of my time. Hope to be in for 30 years but will need to make E8 and E9 to do that. Wish me luck.

my brother and I run an executive search firm in Memphis, specializing in placing accounting, finance and administrative professionals into permanent, temporary and temp-to-hire positions. business is good...companies are hiring! outside of work i like taking my bike out to Barber Motorsports Park and Road Atlanta for track days.

Degreed Mechanical Engineer currently working as an automation system integrator creating fully automated test facilities for a global manufacturing company. Motorhead mechanic in high school, I initially was going to work for one of the Big Three in the 70's but a cousin who became an engineer at Ford in '72 and was laid off during the energy crisis told me that working for them was not very stable job opportunity, I changed my expectations and have been with my current employer for 33 years. Picked up my dream ride (just a basic '12 Ingot Silver vert last October new for under $49k) and have been living the dream ever since.

USAF Retired (20 years) and now I've worked with the USCG for over 22 years. I am currently the Chief of Facilities Maintenance for Training Center Yorktown in Yorktown, Va. I truly work hard to insure that the US gets it's dollar worth every day. I am very proud of our US military and the service and dedication they provide to our country.

Rudy

I work for a small film company. Jyra Films. We make documentaries for non-profits and ministries all over the world. Pro-Life ministries, Orphanages in Africa, Anti-sex-trafficing orginizations in several countries, and feeding programs in several countries. It seems glamorous but the paycheck is not.

The money for the Snake comes from having a wealthy dad who lives vicariously through me.

Can't complain. My girlfriend doesn't.

USAF Retired (20 years) and now I've worked with the USCG for over 22 years. I am currently the Chief of Facilities Maintenance for Training Center Yorktown in Yorktown, Va. I truly work hard to insure that the US gets it's dollar worth every day. I am very proud of our US military and the service and dedication they provide to our country.

Rudy

Bless you and thank you Rudy!!! Truly. My dad was a Navy man... I am also a Facilities Manager (24 years) at Sanofi Pharma. Its never boring as you know.

Another government and military flunky.

Currently, a weather guy living the dream and thankful each day.

FULLTIME: Meteorologist with the National Weather Service serving with the Federal Aviation Administration

PART TIME: Aerial Reconnaissance Meteorologist with the 52rd WRS USAFR (yea, I fly into hurricanes on purpose)

Prior 10yrs Active Duty USAF but 2 years from the military retirement.

FULLTIME: Meteorologist with the National Weather Service serving with the Federal Aviation Administration

PART TIME: Aerial Reconnaissance Meteorologist with the 52rd WRS USAFR (yea, I fly into hurricanes on purpose)

I have to say Smoke..I am so jealous of your job. Being a PPL myself and a weather junkie...I chase tornadoes in tornado alley on purpose..you have the dream job!

OK guys...I'm feeling like the odd " man " out here..since I don't recall any other woman posting on this thread.

I am 45 yrs old and I own 2 different business. The first one is: I run a mobile Service company dedicated to serving Aerial Manlifts and cranes. So in short, all those bucket trucks that the power utility corporations use in your home towns..well I service them, repair them, inspect them and what ever else they may need. The second business I'm just launching is an online Mustang accessory store.

When I'm not working especially in the summer I'm storm chasing..and not in my Shelby either. I have a passion for chasing tornadoes and photographing them. When I'm not doing that, I'm flying down the road in my 2011 GT500.

Rudy

Thanks for your service Rudy, can I have your Alcoa's??

Aurora Illinois , huh. You work at Chicago Center or one of the airports? My wife retired from FAA at Chicago Center.

OK guys...I'm feeling like the odd " man " out here..since I don't recall any other woman posting on this thread.

I am 45 yrs old and I own 2 different business. The first one is: I run a mobile Service company dedicated to serving Aerial Manlifts and cranes. So in short, all those bucket trucks that the power utility corporations use in your home towns..well I service them, repair them, inspect them and what ever else they may need. The second business I'm just launching is an online Mustang accessory store.

When I'm not working especially in the summer I'm storm chasing..and not in my Shelby either. I have a passion for chasing tornadoes and photographing them. When I'm not doing that, I'm flying down the road in my 2011 GT500.

Hi Mary Ann-

There are a few of us gals here. I am a Foundation Director for a small hospital and with my husband and 2 sons we own a farm/ranch that has been in the family for 5 generations. I drive the 2012 GT 500 to work every day 90 mi round trip when the weather cooperates. Yesterday I came out of my office to the parking lot and a pickup was parked behind my car and 2 guys were walking around looking at it. I asked if I could help them and they said this is YOUR car? I said yes-do you want me to pop the hood? They really liked that and thanked me over and over. Good luck with your business ventures. I'm looking forward to retirement in about a year then more Shelby events!

Retired Military. Grabber, I hope things pick up for you soon. Unemployment isn't fun. I've been retired since 03 after 36 years of service to my Country. Most of my career was in the supply room and supervisor of company lever supply sergeants. I spent the majority of my time in the Great State of Texas. I know, why Washington State to retire. Wife was born and raised in this area, so what the heck. I've settled into to retirement well and spend my time collecting cars. So far I've put six in the stables so far. This includes Darkside (2012 GT 500). I've been a GM owner for years and in 2011 I got a wild hair and decided to test the waters with the blue oval. So far no disappointments. Such a fun car to drive and the styling is just awesome. Love the car. Thanks for posting this thread. Always good to see what everyone does.

49 year old OB/GYN (owner of a group private practice), and part time Army officer. I have had 3 BMW's and couldn't see sending anymore of my money overseas. I don't regret one minute buying my Shelby. I am going to have fun adding toys to it.

49 year old OB/GYN (owner of a group private practice), and part time Army officer. I have had 3 BMW's and couldn't see sending anymore of my money overseas. I don't regret one minute buying my Shelby. I am going to have fun adding toys to it.

Good luck righting the world of wrong thinking. If you figure out how to do that, let me know and I will join your cause. (USAF Retired, 27 years). I own a 2012 Shelby, a Dodge Ram, and I bought my wife a BMW (her dream car). Looking to buy my 6th HD early next year.

• 1 year later...

Almost 30 years as a Warehouse and Logistics Manager at a Major Juice and Sports Drink Manufacturer in Southern California. SoCal native, born and raised in Orange County CA.

Just recently my wife and I started dabbling in EBay sales. That will be my career when I actually retire..... :hysterical::hysterical:

Mike

Retired business owner. Back in the late 1970s, started business with industrial safety and environmental chemicals long before the greenie movement got going. Initially a real struggle. Added oil spill and hazmat equipment lines. A decade or two later, things took off and buy out offers came pouring in while other businesses were going under. Sold to those with healthy check books. HAving a couple of Shelbys is my life long fantasy reward!

Financial services and insurance solutions. Most of my work deals with estate planning and business succession planning with the objective of disinheriting Uncle Sam to the best of our abilities (playing by their rules of course).

I work as a Police Captain/Division Commander in Police Administration. Came up through the ranks from Patrol Officer in 1975. I am still learning and have never seen it all yet. I continue to be amazed by life and while in my profession it is easy to see the bad side of people, I am always optimistic with all the great people I have the privilege of meeting and serving in my career. I supervise a team of exceptional highly skilled officers and civilian staff, who provide logistical support in a wide variety of areas to our agency and City.

I work in a criminal justice building that is half in Arkansas and half in Texas in a community divided by a state line with two of everything. Go figure. The profession has been good to me and my family. Struggling with retirement planning right now.

Regards..........GG

Archived