TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Exhaust Question

alaska

I pick up my 2010 in sept in CA to drive to seattle and ship to Anchorage, Ak. my question is how well does the new exhaust sound, as shipping a new axle back to Alaska would add quite a bit for shipping and I was thinking of picking one up while in CA and ship it with the car if needed.

I pick up my 2010 in sept in CA to drive to seattle and ship to Anchorage, Ak. my question is how well does the new exhaust sound, as shipping a new axle back to Alaska would add quite a bit for shipping and I was thinking of picking one up while in CA and ship it with the car if needed.

Hi Alaska,

Honestly, I love the way it sounds. Nice burble at idle and a few "loud" spots going through the RPM's. For me it strikes the balance between not being overly obtrusive and too tame. I've never enjoyed an over the top exhaust note...I don't prefer to attract attention that way. If that's what you want...then maybe you might need to change it.

Really hard to tell you if you might not like it. For me it's perfect - I guess I'm a middle of the road type of guy and there's no way I would think about replacing the exhaust that came with the car. I love it! As I stated before - I've turned down the radio to listen to the engine and exhaust just about every time I've had the car out.

You can hear the exhaust in a few spots in these videos:

Just picked up my 2010 Shelby and will probably leave the exhaust stock. If I do, it will be the first time not changing out the exhaust. I do think the KR's are a safe route to take if the stock exhaust is not loud enough for you. The wrong decision can be pretty painful (although some like the harshness). I put 3" race Bassani on my 2007 and it would rattle the interior pieces and parts not to mention my ear drums. Sounded great under full throttle...anything else was just painful. I kept the 3" race cats and rest of the system just replacing with the axel back GTA and it is perfect now. I do think the 2010 sounds better than the 2007-09 stock. I followed my son home last weekend and you could hear him getting off and on the throttle...you could not hear the 2007 stock exhaust in the same situation. I would try it before you make a decision to change it out. By the way, you can listen to sound clips but nothing sounds the same in person...trust me I know.

Just picked up my 2010 Shelby and will probably leave the exhaust stock. If I do, it will be the first time not changing out the exhaust. I do think the KR's are a safe route to take if the stock exhaust is not loud enough for you. The wrong decision can be pretty painful (although some like the harshness). I put 3" race Bassani on my 2007 and it would rattle the interior pieces and parts not to mention my ear drums. Sounded great under full throttle...anything else was just painful. I kept the 3" race cats and rest of the system just replacing with the axel back GTA and it is perfect now. I do think the 2010 sounds better than the 2007-09 stock. I followed my son home last weekend and you could hear him getting off and on the throttle...you could not hear the 2007 stock exhaust in the same situation. I would try it before you make a decision to change it out. By the way, you can listen to sound clips but nothing sounds the same in person...trust me I know.

I think that the 2010 sound good but they are pretty quite. I was thinking about the Corsa Extreme.

Archived