TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed the Redline Hood Lifts...w/Pictures

I ordered the Redline Tuning Quicklift Elite Hood Struts. They are for the 2005-2009 Mustang, but they work perfectly on the 2010 Shelby. I installed them today. They look GREAT! Also, they WORK GREAT! They are extremely strong and they lift the hood with absolutely NO PROBLEM! I highly recommend that all of you with a 2010 Shelby invest in these. They are great for form and function. And they make your ride look much better! The installation was very easy, all you probably need to get is a rivet gun, which is about $15.00. The other tools you probably already have, i.e. drill, drill bits, center punch, 1/2 in. wrench and ratchet. Don't worry about poking holes in your new car, cuz it's not a big deal. Here are some pictures...

post-25606-1249431554_thumb.jpg

post-25606-1249431554_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it does look good. And you are correct, it looks WAY BETTER than the silly prop rod. This quick and easy mod makes a big difference in the appearance under the hood. And it's a functional upgrade as well. Everyone should get these.

I totally agree, I installed mine over the weekend and couldn't be happier. Justin, thanks for posting the pics, it rained a bunch here and I couldn't get any well-lit outdoor pictures of the install...

If anybody has any questions on exactly how the install went, I will be more than happy to share, as I'm sure Justin would too...

Yes you do ;-) Here's a pic of my AR-15...

Hmmmm, I wonder if they make a "Lectro-Lok" to mount the AR-15 to the dash in a vertical position? Now that would be a statement.

Jim

Redline tuning hood lifters are the best.

We can also paint match them for you

Jay

Jay speaks the truth and his company provided me with a level of customer service that was almost beyond belief. Great people to work with.

Jim

Redline tuning hood lifters are the best.

We can also paint match them for you

Jay

Mine are finally on, and no problems!

They actually support the hood too well! I have to push with decent effort to close though hood now, the shocks dont give up supporting the hood ever unlike other brands.

Look good too, I peeled the sticker off and now they look completely factory!

no bowing either

I have had both Steeda and now red line.

Red Line is 110% better

Yeah, it does look good. And you are correct, it looks WAY BETTER than the silly prop rod. This quick and easy mod makes a big difference in the appearance under the hood. And it's a functional upgrade as well. Everyone should get these.

They look very nice, any drilling required?

Archived