TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Purchase Help

bonefish

Here is my dilemma. I am returning a 2007 SportTrac on lease Dec 15, 2009. I am looking to purchase a 2010 GT500 Convertible. Kona Blue or maybe Grabber Blue. White stripe package for either..however would entertain silver on the Kona Blue. Options are Nav and HID. I don't really care where it comes from in the US as I will fly there and drive it home to Maryland. Obviously closer is better but, not going to be concernced to much about that part. Mainly want to see if I can find what I want out there for no more than MSRP or a bit lower. I know I say deal..just looking to see some help my way...as I have some cash to throw in and NO trade! So after the cash down I will need to finance the rest. I'll need to know what finance terms you have in length. I understand 84 and 96 months are available. Yeah..I know long time but, just trying to make the payments more comfortable. I plan on keeping this one! I am laying it out there in hopes someone wants to make a deal on one they have sitting or will order one. I have seen several across the country but, figured I would support those that support us in the forums! The enthusiast!

So looking to do this in Dec 2009/January 2010. I know I may be a bit ahead of the game but, I want to start now to work out all the kinks and get my ducks in a row!

I appreciate, in advance, everyone's help with finding/ordering my car. I am a loyal customer and will treat those right who treat me right! I'll make sure I tell everyone what a great dealership it was if I can get someone to work with me!

Thanks again!

I dont think it will be hard at all to find someone to sell for MSRP or lower. the only hard thing about this is trying to figure out when you would need to place an order. some people are getting their cars in about 10 weeks from order and some took up to 6 months. I would probably recommend just waiting closer to that lease turn in date and then start looking around for dealerships that have one on the lot. if you want to place an order start looking around September for a dealership that has an allocation available and place an order at that point. seems most dealerships only require a $500 deposit to place the order

Bonefish,

I agree with 2nd2none's comments...these cars are not ordered and received on the normal process so getting the timing down just perfect will be hard to do. Dealerships will have limited allocations and if they can sell this car now they will not want to hold an allocation for you six months from now....now once we get to December they may be cars setting everywhere and not a problem but with the economy where it is if they can move it now...they will.

In reality an order placed today may not be made for three to four months based upon dealer allocations and the process used to pull those orders.

I just picked up my 2010 Shelby from a small dealer in Alabama...he has an allocation remaining and can order what you want..give him a call and just talk to him...Jim Sales at Sales Ford 251-575-4891 and tell him that Greg sent you. Good luck

I dont think it will be hard at all to find someone to sell for MSRP or lower. the only hard thing about this is trying to figure out when you would need to place an order. some people are getting their cars in about 10 weeks from order and some took up to 6 months. I would probably recommend just waiting closer to that lease turn in date and then start looking around for dealerships that have one on the lot. if you want to place an order start looking around September for a dealership that has an allocation available and place an order at that point. seems most dealerships only require a $500 deposit to place the order

Actually I have a few that are in touch with me..and we working it. I just hope to get it in January 2009..whether I order or find on a lot..

Archived