TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under 64K

dh777

Someone here in Houston should pick this one up ... then come pick me up and take me for a ride

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=130322713812

Nope, check out these two...

http://www.earnhardtford.com/carDetail.cfm...VHT88S695141330

http://www.earnhardtford.com/carDetail.cfm...VHT88S495137342

$59,995.00. I'm so very tempted...but pretty sure I'd be served divorce papers when I came back with a KR! :slapfight:

So what are you waiting for? :hysterical:

All kidding aside, I'd LOVE to do it...but there are three things stopping me...

First is financial - I'd be very lucky to get what I owe on my '07 as a trade...maybe a bit more if I sold private party, but I don't want to get stuck with 2 GT500 payments for a few months until the '07 sells!

Second is practical - with my luck, both the '09 KRs have the old tranny/flywheel, and I have to go through the TSB nightmare again...and with the new revised TSB, my chances of getting them done without major symptoms are practically zero. Don't want to pay more for a car with a KNOWN $5,000+ repair in the future!

Last is emotional - I'm VERY attached to my current car. Got the appearance just the way I like it, got to meet both my engine builders (and have 'em sign under the hood), got Henry Ford III to sign my dash. We've been through a lot together, and it's my favorite color combo. I'm not sure I could part with it...even as I was driving my KR home, I'd be missing my '07.

Of course, I could just keep the '07 AND buy the KR...but then I'd DEFINITELY be divorced!!! :hysterical:

Last I heard, there were still 2-3 '08 new KRs and about 5 '09s still around.

I think there are more than that...this past weekend I spotted 3 (2 x '08's & 1 x '09) on delear lots in north Jersey. I think these plus the ones on eBay definetly make it more. The sad thing was that one of the '08's (at All American Ford in Paramus, NJ) was sitting out in the weather (sun/rain/road dust) in the middle of the dealer lot. My brother in-law said it's been out on the lot for more than a month......they had a price on the window of 81K and wouldn't even consider and offer under 75K because it was a "low production number" car....go figure...

GT

Last Saturday I offered my dealer $65k for his and was turned down.........they want $70,500!!......and he has two of them....a red one and a silver one.

Tell your dealer to check the completed listings for new KRs on Ebay. Your offer of 65 grand is pretty darn generous at this point. The dealer that you spoke with would likely be wise to take the 65 or start his own car museum.

If I only had an extra 60k, more garage space and a wife without a gun, I'd be all over that.

Just explain to your wife you need a KR to complete your set .... just like a kid with baseball cards! :hysterical:

All kidding aside, I'd LOVE to do it...but there are three things stopping me...

First is financial - I'd be very lucky to get what I owe on my '07 as a trade...maybe a bit more if I sold private party, but I don't want to get stuck with 2 GT500 payments for a few months until the '07 sells!

Second is practical - with my luck, both the '09 KRs have the old tranny/flywheel, and I have to go through the TSB nightmare again...and with the new revised TSB, my chances of getting them done without major symptoms are practically zero. Don't want to pay more for a car with a KNOWN $5,000+ repair in the future!

Last is emotional - I'm VERY attached to my current car. Got the appearance just the way I like it, got to meet both my engine builders (and have 'em sign under the hood), got Henry Ford III to sign my dash. We've been through a lot together, and it's my favorite color combo. I'm not sure I could part with it...even as I was driving my KR home, I'd be missing my '07.

Of course, I could just keep the '07 AND buy the KR...but then I'd DEFINITELY be divorced!!! :hysterical:

ALL valid points...I was poking you with the proverbial sharp stick...

I'd love to add a 08 KR to sit beside our 68 KR...but my wife needs some seed money to start a new business...maybe she could wait a while longer :finger:

ALL valid points...I was poking you with the proverbial sharp stick...

I'd love to add a 08 KR to sit beside our 68 KR...but my wife needs some seed money to start a new business...maybe she could wait a while longer :finger:

:poke: I realize that! :hysterical:

I said all that mostly to reassure myself that I'm making the right decision by keeping my '07. Maybe if I keep saying it, I'll start believing it! :cry:

There are 21 of them on ebay right now. There is an 08 Silver with no reserve and is at $59,900. There's also an 08 black with no reserve and is at $59,999. I've been holding out for a 2011. I called my dealer yesterday, he still has an 08 silver KR (has 11 miles on it) in his showroom. I mentioned to him the 2 on ebay at less than $60k and asked if he would take that for his. He said he'd think about it an call me back in a couple of days. That is soooooo tempting. Thoughts on a 2011 versus getting an 08 KR for under $60?

Thanks!

There are 21 of them on ebay right now. There is an 08 Silver with no reserve and is at $59,900. There's also an 08 black with no reserve and is at $59,999. I've been holding out for a 2011. I called my dealer yesterday, he still has an 08 silver KR (has 11 miles on it) in his showroom. I mentioned to him the 2 on ebay at less than $60k and asked if he would take that for his. He said he'd think about it an call me back in a couple of days. That is soooooo tempting. Thoughts on a 2011 versus getting an 08 KR for under $60?

Thanks!

If I had the money, 08 KR for under 60k. I've seen more 2010 GT500's (3) on the road than KR's (1).

Thanks!

I had the same thought about a 2011

I just couldnt hold out, I picked up a brand new 09 KR for under 60k

Two months ago I bought a 2008KR new from a dealer for $59,000 out the door. Red/Silver combo. I believe you will see used ones hit this year in the low $50's

WOW!! Brand new, out the door for $59K????? I thought of going to my dealer and offering $65 out the door, but after hearing this...

The winning bin on ebay for the 08 Silver/blue one was $59,900. The listing showed pics that the dash was autographed by Carrol.

Two months ago I bought a 2008KR new from a dealer for $59,000 out the door. Red/Silver combo. I believe you will see used ones hit this year in the low $50's

When you say out the door do you mean tax included? If so that means you paid around 55 for the car?

I just picked up a brand new 09 silver/blue for 59,950 but that was not including tax.(and I though that was a killer deal)

When you say out the door do you mean tax included? If so that means you paid around 55 for the car?

I just picked up a brand new 09 silver/blue for 59,950 but that was not including tax.(and I though that was a killer deal)

I bought the car in Montana. No sales tax in that state. I keep the car there at my summer residence.

:hysterical3: Of course the downside is you can only drive sports cars from May until early October! And then there is the constant rock hits on your windshield from all the gravel they put down durning the winter. It is a harsh place for a nice car.

:hysterical3: Of course the downside is you can only drive sports cars from May until early October! And then there is the constant rock hits on your windshield from all the gravel they put down durning the winter. It is a harsh place for a nice car.

Wow - no sales tax - and if I remember correctly, no speed limits. Or did they change that

That was changed. The speed limit is 75 on the Interstates. You can safely do 85 without attracting attention. But on an early morning run in a remote area of Interstate with no cars out... let your skill determine your speed! Last year I saw a Z06 Corvette pass me like I was in neutral and I was going 75! He had to be at 140 or higher!

Archived