TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guest appearance of a - or The - Terlingua

Frank S

Peter Egan is the best automotive writer going. That's what the blurbs imply, and I'm not about to disagree. His new book, a collection of stories, is called Peter Egan On The Road: America's Favorite Automotive Writer Stays Off The Interstate

On the back of the dust jacket is a photo - probably from the trip we all know and love as a feature story in Road & Track, where he and companion picked up a Terlingua (car) and zoomed around West Texas, including Terlingua (town) - where Mr. Egan is leaning against a Terlingua (a legend in its own time).

I recommend all three: book, author, car, town.

Cheers!

Peter Egan is the best automotive writer going. That's what the blurbs imply, and I'm not about to disagree. His new book, a collection of stories, is called Peter Egan On The Road: America's Favorite Automotive Writer Stays Off The Interstate

On the back of the dust jacket is a photo - probably from the trip we all know and love as a feature story in Road & Track, where he and companion picked up a Terlingua (car) and zoomed around West Texas, including Terlingua (town) - where Mr. Egan is leaning against a Terlingua (a legend in its own time).

I recommend all three: book, author, car, town.

Cheers!

:happy feet:

A good author, like his work in Road and track.

I'm currently reading "Go Like Hell" about the Ford/Ferrari battles at Le Mans in the 60's.

No Terlingua stuff, but of course Carroll Shelby has a major role in the book.

A good author, like his work in Road and track.

I'm currently reading "Go Like Hell" about the Ford/Ferrari battles at Le Mans in the 60's.

No Terlingua stuff, but of course Carroll Shelby has a major role in the book.

I haven't read "Go Like Hell" yet, but I understand there are a number of "inaccuracies" sprinkled throughout.

From the Nostalgia Forum and another.

The OP in the second thread is looking for a similar book about Porsche 917s, and someone recommended "French Kiss With Death", a McQueen-centered piece I haven't read yet, but which could satisfy another set of Mustangers as well.

The Peter Egan book is a collection of some of his pieces from R&T, about 1985 to 1996 or so. There is one story about an April 1 road test of a WWII fighter and a Messerschmitt bubble car. No Terlingua material inside, near as I can tell.

Here's what the dust cover back page looks like:

orig.jpg

I haven't read "Go Like Hell" yet, but I understand there are a number of "inaccuracies" sprinkled throughout.

From the Nostalgia Forum and another.

Thanks, I'm treating it more as a historical/fiction work, just a fun summer read.

At the time of the Ford Ferrari battles I was kid more into following the local drag races

or 1/4 mile--1/2 mile bull rings of the South Central PA.

Archived