TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sport Mode?

Hey guys. I know that the car has 1. Advanctrac ON, 2. Advanctrac OFF, and 3. Sport Mode, right? Am I missing something? All I can deduce from the owner's manual is that you can either be in Advanctrac ON or OFF. I cannot figure out how to get into Sport Mode. Is Sport Mode simply the same as being in Advanctrac OFF? Or is there some other way of getting to Sport Mode? I'm a bit confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :fool:

It's in the Shelby specific owners manual. one tap of the switch shuts off traction control, leaves advance trac on. next, stopped with foot on brake, tap button twice and traction control and advace trac stay on but are reduced in effectivness about 50%, ie. sport mode. next stopped with foot on brake, hold button down about 5 seconds and everything is off.

that's it.

to turn back on just push the button again or cycle the ignition key.

Hey guys. I know that the car has 1. Advanctrac ON, 2. Advanctrac OFF, and 3. Sport Mode, right? Am I missing something? All I can deduce from the owner's manual is that you can either be in Advanctrac ON or OFF. I cannot figure out how to get into Sport Mode. Is Sport Mode simply the same as being in Advanctrac OFF? Or is there some other way of getting to Sport Mode? I'm a bit confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :fool:

With the car in advanced trac on mode and the car stopped

(not moving) press and hold the brake pedal and push the button two quick times and sport mode will appear on the indicator. to go back to advance trac simply press the button and then press a second time if you want advance trac off. That is the way it works ISAID.

(not moving) press and hold the brake pedal and push the button two quick times and sport mode will appear on the indicator. to go back to advance trac simply press the button. That is the way it works ISAID.

(not moving) press and hold the brake pedal and push the button two quick times and sport mode will appear on the indicator. to go back to advance trac simply press the button. That is the way it works ISAID.

^^ What he said

Could you explain the differences in each of the settings.

In "Advanced Trac On" the sytem has control, in "Advance Trac Off" the system has partial control and in "Sport Mode" you have total control Power and Traction. In South Mississippi Terms Sports Mode is The Haul Ass Mode. :speedie::peelout:

In "Advanced Trac On" the sytem has control, in "Advance Trac Off" the system has partial control and in "Sport Mode" you have total control Power and Traction. In South Mississippi Terms Sports Mode is The Haul Ass Mode. :speedie::peelout:

I figured it out. Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. By the way, I like "Haul Ass Mode." :drool:

Thanks. I hadn't read about that. It must be equivalent to our "Oh Sh_t" mode.

Archived