TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your BEST picture with Mr. Shelby

Budman340

After reading Stormeaston's post--which by the way was pretty cool!!!!!---how about posting your best picture you have of you and Mr. Shelby!!!!!!!

Here's my best one and my FAVORITE one!!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008456.jpg

Bud

No topping this one. Very cool pic of "The Guys Enjoying a Cold One".

That's a keeper Bud.

here are my favorites.....

first handing CS the Plaque and reading it to him for his 85th Birthday at the banquet.......

th_CSBB_049.jpg

th_CSBB_046.jpg

and then his great response.

The plaque carried the names of 50 of us from the ShelbyAutos.com website with our screen names and csm numbers and said the following:

To The Greatest American Racing Driver and Builder of the World's Most Incredible Cars.

Thank you for not only living your dream, but allowing us to share in it. You have Our Undying Gratitude.

Happy 85th Birthday Mr. Carroll Shelby

This is a "with" picture only in that Mr. Shelby is with some of his peers and good friends, and I am with them all, but as the photographer, in this case:

orig.jpg

Who are those guys?

John Morton...Tony Adamowicz... Chuck Daigh... Bob Bondurant... Mr. Shelby (rare Ed McMahon lookalike smile!)... Dan Gurney... Mr Hill... Jim Hall.

Parnelli Jones... Jim Busby... Danny Sullivan... (?)... Stefan Johanssen.

(The little silver-curl mullet behind Chuck Daigh's collar belongs to Bernard Cahier, eminent motorsports photographer and journalist. RIP)

All at the Phil Hill Tribute dinner with the Fabulous Fifties non-organization members, gathered together November 11, 2004 at the Petersen Automotive Museum. A real privilege to be there.

More photos of the event: Phil Hill Tribute Dinner

• 2 months later...

Here's a couple shots with Mr. Shelby taken during the SCAT (Shelby & Cobra Association of Texas) yearly convention in Dallas during 1995. The first picture was taken after he autographed a photo for a good friend of mine. The second shot is of Mr. Shelby wearing the infamous Secret Service cap. I can't remember the lady's name sitting next to him; and also wonder what happened to that USSS cap? I remember she was very cordial and helpful, like Mr. Shelby, during this autograph session. Needless to say, he was the guest speaker at the convention. Any of you SCAT guys out there?

post-26281-1255754616_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255754624_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255754616_thumb.jpg

post-26281-1255754624_thumb.jpg

No comments about the hair, acne, etc :slapfight:

But this was taken 25+ years ago in Dearborn, MI (SAAC #8 ~ 1983) by my Dad...

post-8727-1249338435_thumb.jpg

So what do I win, Bud???

Gregg

07SGT0547

You've definitely got my vote Gregg! Look how young he was!

Ken

p.s. Sweet hair, by the way :lol:

After reading Stormeaston's post--which by the way was pretty cool!!!!!---how about posting your best picture you have of you and Mr. Shelby!!!!!!!

Here's my best one and my FAVORITE one!!!!!

TerlinguaTexas2008456.jpg

Bud

Great pic! Do you know who the other gentlemen are sitting besides Mr Shelby?

• 2 weeks later...

At the Second Annual Ford GT National Rally in Newport Beach, California. Carroll Shelby joined us for a dinner at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles. Below are pictures of myself with Caroll and my son Charley with the Man. A year after this event, Carroll Shelby hosted our Ford GT National Rally at his facility in Las Vegas.

Chip

post-12804-1256875446_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1256875456_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1256875446_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1256875456_thumb.jpg

Archived