TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally, all settled in

MarkGT08

I haven't been around much lately, since we have been in the middle of a move.

We moved from Chino Hills, in Southern California to McKinney Texas, just north of Dallas, last month. I flew back to California over the weekend to go get my Shelby. I had left it with Citrus Motors in Ontario California for new stripes and a new scoop. By the way, thanks to Mike Duran, the Body Shop Service manager who repaired and stored my car until I got a chance to go back to Southern Cal and fetch it. GREAT JOB MIKE!. I highly recommend their body shop)

Anyway, I flew into Ontario Airport on Friday, and stayed in a local hotel. I got up the next morning at 6:00AM, walked 3 miles to the dealership, and picked up my Shelby at 8:00 AM on Saturday morning. I immediately got on the road and exactly 24 hours (to the exact minute) and 1375 miles later, it now sits in my Texas garage.

So how many Grabber Orange GTs are in Texas? If you sight one in the Dallas area, chances are, its me.

Mark - It was great meeting you and congrats on the move and succesfully getting it back to TX. Sorry, I never had a chance to get by there this week to check out the job, but i knew with Mike you were in good hands. I was right, wasn't I? :) I hope we can catch up again sometime in the near future. Best of luck you and your wife! Now, go give those TX Troopers to chase after, since you have that "Get Out of Jail Free" pass! :)

Welcome to town. I lived in McKinney for a few years, it's a great town. I now live in Keller, about 45 minutes from McKinney and just north of Fort Worth. If you are interested, I plan to be at Texas Motor Speedway this Friday for the Scion Drag and Brag. It's sponsored by Scion hence the name but you name it, it's running out there. There is a show and shine prior to the races. Send me a PM if you are game.

In fact this is an open invite to anyone in the area. It would be pretty cool to have a big Shelby turn out.

J-

Congrats to you on living in TX, where it seems that the USA is still, for the most part, the USA! I really like what I hear and read about the TX Governor, Rick Perry.

Mark - It was great meeting you and congrats on the move and succesfully getting it back to TX. Sorry, I never had a chance to get by there this week to check out the job, but i knew with Mike you were in good hands. I was right, wasn't I? :) I hope we can catch up again sometime in the near future. Best of luck you and your wife! Now, go give those TX Troopers to chase after, since you have that "Get Out of Jail Free" pass! :)

Thanks Cliff. Everything turned out great. Mike detailed the car inside and out. Too bad that I had to get it all covered in bug gizz in my marathon run. But I went straight to a self serve car wash as soon as I got here.

Thanks for the good wishes. We still have family back in Southern Cal, so we will be back once in awhile.

Mark

Welcome to the great state of Texas :)

One GO sgt resides here in Houston that I know of and 1 GO GT500.

I actually lived here for about 10 years. This is my return trip to Texas.

We got a Texas house twice as big now, for 1/3 the price as before.

Now maybe I can afford that supercharger :)

Welcome to town. I lived in McKinney for a few years, it's a great town. I now live in Keller, about 45 minutes from McKinney and just north of Fort Worth. If you are interested, I plan to be at Texas Motor Speedway this Friday for the Scion Drag and Brag. It's sponsored by Scion hence the name but you name it, it's running out there. There is a show and shine prior to the races. Send me a PM if you are game.

In fact this is an open invite to anyone in the area. It would be pretty cool to have a big Shelby turn out.

J-

I may have to take you up on that offer, as soon as we are done unpacking. I can't quite make it to the front door without tripping over another cardboard box.

Last week, I went looking for a used car to use as a commuter car, not wanting to take my Shelby to work everyday (40 miles round trip) on Central Expressway (and I got rained on twice on my Harley....a HARD rain). So, as is typical, we ended up buying a new one. My "used car" plans NEVER work out. Used cars sort of scare me.

So, we ended up with a new 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid. It's no sports car, but I am consistantly getting over 50 MPG on regular gas, no less. It's sort of fun actually, trying to maximize my gas mileage by playing around with all the "spaceship" high tech controls. It's sort of like driving a pinball machine. And it gets better gas mileage than my Harley

It's my Green contribution :)

Actually, I did get 26 MPG on my trip from CA to TX

J-

I am in Flower Mound and should have my car back tomorrow, would love to join. Where can I find out more info on the event.

Welcome to Texas, I have been here for about 1 year and it is not that bad if you enjoy the heat.

We moved from Chino Hills, in Southern California to McKinney Texas, just north of Dallas, last month. I flew back to California over the weekend to go get my Shelby. I had left it with Citrus Motors in Ontario California for new stripes and a new scoop. By the way, thanks to Mike Duran, the Body Shop Service manager who repaired and stored my car until I got a chance to go back to Southern Cal and fetch it. GREAT JOB MIKE!. I highly recommend their body shop)

Anyway, I flew into Ontario Airport on Friday, and stayed in a local hotel. I got up the next morning at 6:00AM, walked 3 miles to the dealership, and picked up my Shelby at 8:00 AM on Saturday morning. I immediately got on the road and exactly 24 hours (to the exact minute) and 1375 miles later, it now sits in my Texas garage.

So how many Grabber Orange GTs are in Texas? If you sight one in the Dallas area, chances are, its me.

Mark,

Welcome back..maybe we can get together sometime. As for how many GO SGT's, there are 3 that I know of. One in Longview, yours in Dallas area and me down here in Houston.

By the way, Texas troopers love to give tickets for no front plate...so keep it close to you and put on the dash if you see one

I am in Flower Mound and should have my car back tomorrow, would love to join. Where can I find out more info on the event.

Welcome to Texas, I have been here for about 1 year and it is not that bad if you enjoy the heat.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/groups/s...rag-n-brag.aspx

Good to hear from you!!! Is it true that texas has the best steaks????

By the way, Texas troopers love to give tickets for no front plate...so keep it close to you and put on the dash if you see one

Really? I've been stopped a number of times for not having a front plate, but it wound up with us talking all about the car and a "Warning" ... Knocking on wood....I've always told them that I just didn't have the heart to punch holes in that pretty front bumper and they have laughed...I always keep the plate in the trunk if they decide to tell me that I need to put it on the dash....

BTW, Courtesy towards the trooper goes a long way sometimes too...

hmmmm, I have never been stopped for no front plate. Plus I drove my Mach 1 for 20+ years with the black CA plates on it.

Maybe its me, But DPS seems to always pull me over for no front plate, they give me a warning. Military Bases make you put it on! i had a DPS turn around on me last week, by the time he pulled next to me, the plate was in the windshield :hysterical3:

Maybe its me, But DPS seems to always pull me over for no front plate, they give me a warning. Military Bases make you put it on! i had a DPS turn around on me last week, by the time he pulled next to me, the plate was in the windshield :hysterical3:

maybe cuz ur driving too slow, you attract the popo's attention :P

Hey, I agree with motorjock look out for the trooper or cops safety

1. when getting stop before you come to a stop put your windows down even if its raining

2. Turn car off

3. Keys on the dashboard

4. Hands on wheel 1200 position

5. if its nite turn on your interior lite as you come to a stop

If someone did half of that he got a thank you and a warning !!! When I got stopped in NC by a trooper at nite, I did the run down and he new either I was the cop or a family member. Of course, I had to be a wise a$$ when he asked me why he pulled me over so I went with the other list which is a no no!!! I said was it because talking on my cell or my tinted windows maybe my loud exhaust or was I driving to slow because I was distracted by my cell phone. He said your a funny man lets see how funny license boy. Gave him it with my I.D under it and he said I knew you had to be a cop only a crazy person would say all that stuff. I said see my I.D says no firearm it wasn't because I was a bad shot. Of course he asked me my favorite question were you at 9/11 I said yes that's the day I died and didn't know it!!! He hads me back my stuff we BS for a bit and sends me on my way. That's the one reason I try not to get stopped!!! Oh Iwas doing 80 in a 40 and didnt realize it cause of being on the cell phone. I usually pay attention but that was a bad time for me and if he did give me a ticket, I wouldn't even protest it.

Welcome to Texas..

I will return to TX (The Woodlands) when I finish up here in Korea, or maybe head up to the Tyler area..

For you guys that do not want to drill holes in your Bumper here is a great alternative!

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/

I have had this on mine for quite a while and could not be more happier! also if you want to see it installed take a look at my gallery..

The cooolest thing is if you attend a show and want to ditch the plate fast it comes of lickety split!

I think I will start a new thread to get this word out!

GNB

Archived