TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Window Sticker. Check it out.

Bababouie

I was so relieved to see this on line today. :mademyday::banvictory: Just under 2 months from order.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...VBP8JS4A5142100

Check out the premium we Canadians get to pay. Converted at todays exchange rate, there's still $7K on top!

Oh well, it's the same for anything up here. Did not pay this though!

Part I like the best is the fuel economy estimates...Must be the most efficient GT500 ever....31 MPG!! :tequila:

Something wrong with the math there me thinks. :stats:

Andy

Edit, sorry had wrong link initially!

I was so relieved to see this on line today. :mademyday::banvictory: Just under 2 months from order.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...VBP8JS4A5142100

Check out the premium we Canadians get to pay. Converted at todays exchange rate, there's still $7K on top!

Oh well, it's the same for anything up here. Did not pay this though!

Part I like the best is the fuel economy estimates...Must be the most efficient GT500 ever....31 MPG!! :tequila:

Something wrong with the math there me thinks. :stats:

Andy

Edit, sorry had wrong link initially!

Congrats!

How come there is a difference in MPG between Canadian destined Shebys and US?

It's the difference between the old imperial gallon versus US gallon. Canadian MPG conversions are always higher.

Still makes no sense:

USgal. = 3.785 L

Impgal. = 4.546 L

So for 0.761 L of "extra" fuel a Canadian Shelby will travel 9 to 10 miles farther? So for every USgal. this would translate into 3.785 / 0.761 = 4.9 "units" per 9 or 10 miles (using gross linear interpolations). So our US Shelby's can get 45 mpg!

Can someone shed light on the exact reasons why they would be so different? Stop light to stop light or cruising on the hwy is no different whether in Canada or the US.

Still makes no sense:

USgal. = 3.785 L

Impgal. = 4.546 L

So for 0.761 L of "extra" fuel a Canadian Shelby will travel 9 to 10 miles farther? So for every USgal. this would translate into 3.785 / 0.761 = 4.9 "units" per 9 or 10 miles (using gross linear interpolations). So our US Shelby's can get 45 mpg!

Can someone shed light on the exact reasons why they would be so different? Stop light to stop light or cruising on the hwy is no different whether in Canada or the US.

I think thats the fuel mileage if u shift at 2500 rpms good luck with that lol

I think thats the fuel mileage if u shift at 2500 rpms good luck with that lol

Probably not too far off there!

Found this on a Govmnt website:

Why is the fuel consumption of any given vehicle in Canada lower than that of the same vehicle in the U.S.?

The fuel consumption ratings in Canada are different from those in the U.S. for several reasons. First, in some cases, different configurations of the same vehicle models, with different fuel consumption ratings, are sold in the two countries. Second, the Canadian fuel consumption adjustment factors, used to reflect average, real-world driving conditions, are not exactly the same as those used in the U.S. Third, beginning with 2008 models, the EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) has revised testing procedures. Three new procedures were added to the existing City and Highway scenarios. High speed/rapid acceleration driving, use of air conditioning, and cold temperature operation were added in an effort to replicate real world conditions. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the U.S. fuel economy figures are reported in U.S. miles per gallon, whereas fuel economy in Canada is reported in Imperial miles per gallon. The imperial gallon is 20% more voluminous than the U.S. gallon.

So, given this fact, and converting Imperial to US galons, my actual fuel economy would convert to 25.8 mpg!!

Like I'll ever see that. LOL :peelout:

Probably not too far off there!

Found this on a Govmnt website:

Why is the fuel consumption of any given vehicle in Canada lower than that of the same vehicle in the U.S.?

The fuel consumption ratings in Canada are different from those in the U.S. for several reasons. First, in some cases, different configurations of the same vehicle models, with different fuel consumption ratings, are sold in the two countries. Second, the Canadian fuel consumption adjustment factors, used to reflect average, real-world driving conditions, are not exactly the same as those used in the U.S. Third, beginning with 2008 models, the EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) has revised testing procedures. Three new procedures were added to the existing City and Highway scenarios. High speed/rapid acceleration driving, use of air conditioning, and cold temperature operation were added in an effort to replicate real world conditions. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the U.S. fuel economy figures are reported in U.S. miles per gallon, whereas fuel economy in Canada is reported in Imperial miles per gallon. The imperial gallon is 20% more voluminous than the U.S. gallon.

So, given this fact, and converting Imperial to US galons, my actual fuel economy would convert to 25.8 mpg!!

Like I'll ever see that. LOL :peelout:

So no gas guzzler tax?

Speaking of 25.8 MPG, I actually have been getting that on the highway! Seriously, if you drive about 70-75 and be nice and soft on it, you will get the same mileage. It's actually better than the window sticker. That's the first time in history that you actually get better mileage out of your car than the sticker says. I'm actually very pleasantly surprised.

Archived