TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shift light

Torched10

Havent seen thread on activating the visual/audble shift alert.I finally did it today and its pretty cool.Set mine at 5800--the deafult is 3000.Took me little while to figure out how to adjust the shift point from the default option.Maybe this will help me from hitting the rev limiter!!Instructions are in the Shelby manual

Havent seen thread on activating the visual/audble shift alert.I finally did it today and its pretty cool.Set mine at 5800--the deafult is 3000.Took me little while to figure out how to adjust the shift point from the default option.Maybe this will help me from hitting the rev limiter!!Instructions are in the Shelby manual

I tried to use mine, but there is so much mayhem going on at full throttle in first I can't keep up. I tagged the rev limiter just yesterday, due to my inabilities!

:rockon: Pretty nifty isn't it? Did you set the audible alert too? I haven't done that but I set visual to 5700. Great option! My last 1st to 2nd "incident" was when I was merging into oncoming traffic so I was looking the wrong way... :headscratch:

I need to check out the red white and blue option for the gauge colors mentioned in the Shelby supplement. I love this car! :happy feet:

I tried to use mine, but there is so much mayhem going on at full throttle in first I can't keep up. I tagged the rev limiter just yesterday, due to my inabilities!

I agree. I set mine once but found it impossible to look at once that blower kicks in. I've usually got my hands full just trying to stay in my own lane :peelout:

That's it. I am logging a formal request to stop all this "how cool is this" talk...At least until my car arrives. :baby:

What does the audible alert sound like? And is it just a sound from the dash like the key in chime?

So until I can join in the fun chats, I am just going to haunt all of you and.... :cry:

That's it. I am logging a formal request to stop all this "how cool is this" talk...At least until my car arrives. :baby:

What does the audible alert sound like? And is it just a sound from the dash like the key in chime?

So until I can join in the fun chats, I am just going to haunt all of you and.... :cry:

I had the chime on and the first time I thought it was a "you blew the engine up" sound. I almost crapped my pants.... Then I looked for idiot lights and nothing, then the brain kicked in and I realized it was my "audible shift tone".

I had the chime on and the first time I thought it was a "you blew the engine up" sound. I almost crapped my pants.... Then I looked for idiot lights and nothing, then the brain kicked in and I realized it was my "audible shift tone".

I think the "you blew the engine up" sound comes with associated shrapnel so it should be unmistakable. Hope to never find out. Probably makes a mess out of the aluminum hood. :blink:

...so obviously it was loud enough to drown out the roar of the engine, no? Is it just a ding, ding?

(Makes notes for testing)

:peelout:

Hang in there tdusseau, you will pleasantly surprised when you first turn the key. :D

I think the "you blew the engine up" sound comes with associated shrapnel so it should be unmistakable. Hope to never find out. Probably makes a mess out of the aluminum hood. :blink:

...so obviously it was loud enough to drown out the roar of the engine, no? Is it just a ding, ding?

(Makes notes for testing)

:peelout:

Hang in there tdusseau, you will pleasantly surprised when you first turn the key. :D

Ya, it's a chime and you can hear it fine. First to Second shifts at WOT are like right now. As soon as you hit it off the line it is time to shift. My GT500 has been reprogrammed to move the rev limiter up to 6500RPM. I set the shift indicator at 5000RPM but I still hit the rev limiter most of the time because my reaction time to the chime is so slow. If I was looking at the visual indicator I would be cleaning out the ditch line.

I love this car but it has tried to kill me more than once. Second gear will put you in the other lane if you shift hard.

Anyway,

Ron

Archived