TEAM SHELBY FORUM

pro 5.0 shifter

Has anyone here installed the Pro 5.0 shifter in an SGT? How does it compare to the Hurst?

Is it possible to swap the Hurst logo'ed handle and knob to the Pro 5.0 shifter? Any install photos?

Thanks for any input.

Ken

mustangtuning_2062_350501255.jpg

Has anyone here installed the Pro 5.0 shifter in an SGT? How does it compare to the Hurst?

Is it possible to swap the Hurst logo'ed handle and knob to the Pro 5.0 shifter? Any install photos?

Thanks for any input.

Ken

mustangtuning_2062_350501255.jpg

I have been thinking about this too and the only thing holding me back is the fact that I like the Hurst so well.

Install photos:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pro-50-super...gt-install.html

At the risk of sounding like an old f**t, the Hurst shifter is like going back to my 1966 HiPo fastback Mustang. It was a huge improvement over stock back then and the same was true in 2008 IMHO. There are always variations on a theme so I have no doubt there are other good shifters out there but, for me, the Hurst is the one. Where I really noticed it shine was on the race track (road course). Just like old times.

Jim

Is it possible to swap the Hurst logo'ed handle and knob to the Pro 5.0 shifter?

Wouldn't that be a Hurst clone then?? :hysterical:

What's the advantage of the Pro 5.0 over the Hurst? :headscratch:

One says Hurst and the other doesn't. :lurk:

You might be right, but I'm in the process of adding some HP to my car and thought it would be a good time to start looking to see if there’s anything out there that might be a little stouter, the shifter Sticky got me thinking even though I have never had any problems with my shifter.

Wouldn't that be a Hurst clone then?? :hysterical:

What's the advantage of the Pro 5.0 over the Hurst? :headscratch:

I don't really like the notchy feel of the Hurst anymore. I want something stouter and stiffer. I've also had difficulty getting this one into 3rd from time to time, which I've read is common with this Hurst.

The S197 is a weird setup, since the shifter isn't sitting right on top of the tranny. The stock shifter sucks in my opinion, because all you can feel are the bushings.

The Hurst is an improvement in that it gives a better illusion of feeling the transmission itself, but it's just not quite right for me.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews on the Pro 5.0, so I'll give it a shot, but I love the look of the Hurst handle/knob. Hence the question.

Ken

I don't really like the notchy feel of the Hurst anymore. I want something stouter and stiffer. I've also had difficulty getting this one into 3rd from time to time, which I've read is common with this Hurst.

The S197 is a weird setup, since the shifter isn't sitting right on top of the tranny. The stock shifter sucks in my opinion, because all you can feel are the bushings.

The Hurst is an improvement in that it gives a better illusion of feeling the transmission itself, but it's just not quite right for me.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews on the Pro 5.0, so I'll give it a shot, but I love the look of the Hurst handle/knob. Hence the question.

Ken

Ahh, I see. Well, I look forward to reading about it then!

I've grown to really like the Hurst feel; I don't know if I'd be happy without it anymore.

Archived