TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to track MIA Shelby?

jcthorne

My Shelby was due for delivery at the dealership 11/28 and has not arrived. No rail car number in the record either. Was released from Plant 11/3, released from foriegn plant 11/10 and Customer Service has severl times told me it shipped on 11/21 but do not know where that information came from as there is no rail car number in the record that they understand.

I am VERY frustrated with Ford's lack of customer service or available information or even any concern for a missing car. Dealer says he is trying to check but no info beyond what I have uncovered. He also confirms no rail car number.

Any ideas who to contact or where to go from here? Ordered this car March 14th and its been a long and bumpy road.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

James

My Shelby was due for delivery at the dealership 11/28 and has not arrived. No rail car number in the record either. Was released from Plant 11/3, released from foriegn plant 11/10 and Customer Service has severl times told me it shipped on 11/21 but do not know where that information came from as there is no rail car number in the record that they understand.

I am VERY frustrated with Ford's lack of customer service or available information or even any concern for a missing car. Dealer says he is trying to check but no info beyond what I have uncovered. He also confirms no rail car number.

Any ideas who to contact or where to go from here? Ordered this car March 14th and its been a long and bumpy road.

James

James

I feel for you .. I really do. Hopefully you will be able to get some positive news soon. I might suggest you contact the dealer and ask them to ask their zone rep who works for Ford to see where the car is.

I know if they call the plant they can find out more information. I was about to do that myself when I got a update from Concepts late last Friday night that my Shelby is on its way here via a rail car

best of luck .. and be patient .. it will be here sooner than later !

dond

James

Your salesman (dealer) will have to track the car for you once it leaves the plant. Mine was serialized (vin assigned) on 10/26, released from the plant on 11/20 and is expected at the dealership this week 12/7.

where are you located? customer service arrival dates are very seldom even close. expect up to and some times over 30days from release for delivery depending on where you are located. if you are in any of the western states and western canada I may be able to help you find it

Car is being deliverd to a small town in western Oklahoma. Closest railhead would be Oklahoma City.

I spoke with SVT and one other department yesterday and have at least one call to make today. Dealer is checking too. I get a different story each time someone gives an answer. Dealer seems to think it is on a rail car in Kansas City and is due for arrival Sat. SVT says it is still in striping and has not shipped even though "Released from Plant" and Released from Foriegn Plant dates have both passed. I find that hard to believe for a car that went to production on 11/3 but if true, my car will not arrive until next year......I like the Sat version better as I do not think the guy at SVT had any more info in front of him than CS did.

Mine was 'rel from plt' and 'rel from foreign plt' just like yours, but once it was QC'ed for shipping it was sent back to striping plant for some issue. Now it still says 'rel from plt'. So yours may be undergoing something cosmetic, like mine. Due week of 12/3 still, that's now.

scgt,

Has your zone rep. checked on your car for you ?

You guys must be going crazy!

jcthorne;

Your situation sounds very typical. I know you don't want to hear that , but it's true. Mine was built 10-13, released 10-24. No stripes, but still I didn't get it until 11-15, after my delivery date was changed 3 times. You need to realize that at least yours is built and on it's way. That doesn't make you feel much better, but it will be there. The shipping is the biggest problem. There are lots of guys that have been on mtl hold for ever and still don't have VINs

jcthorne;

Your situation sounds very typical. I know you don't want to hear that , but it's true. Mine was built 10-13, released 10-24. No stripes, but still I didn't get it until 11-15, after my delivery date was changed 3 times. You need to realize that at least yours is built and on it's way. That doesn't make you feel much better, but it will be there. The shipping is the biggest problem. There are lots of guys that have been on mtl hold for ever and still don't have VINs

The key phrase we are looking for is the railcar number. Once your car gets a rail car number its already loaded up and enroute to the your dealer. Dependent on your location, it will take anywhere from 4 to 15 days to get the car from that point. Its pretty much auto pilot from what my zone rep told me.

My car was released from the plant 11/14/06 and than stripped and last quality control check done late november. Got the rail car number 11/30/06 with a dealer ETA of 12/08/06.

Hopefully this will not change ! Be patient ... its getting closer !!!!

dond

The key phrase we are looking for is the railcar number. Once your car gets a rail car number its already loaded up and enroute to the your dealer. Dependent on your location, it will take anywhere from 4 to 15 days to get the car from that point. Its pretty much auto pilot from what my zone rep told me.

My car was released from the plant 11/14/06 and than stripped and last quality control check done late november. Got the rail car number 11/30/06 with a dealer ETA of 12/08/06.

Hopefully this will not change ! Be patient ... its getting closer !!!!

dond

Well getting someone to give you a rail car number is like a tooth extraction. Customer service has told me they don't have access to that information,just what is on the cpu screen they read off of. They keep telling me contact your dealer,they have a better connection to get more info, but won't disclose that source.

My dealer doesn't give a rats a$$ to even call me when a status change takes place. I have to initiate all communication. And it's getting old.

And it's getting back to ford for just not implementing a well thought out plan with several back ups in place. But what do we know right? And we wonder why they are realizing tremendous financial losses?

If they can't get a small production plan like this car to be efficient how can they expect to run an empire?

I feel your pain. My car was scheduled 11/20. They closed the plant for thanksgiving 11/21 until 11/27. And customer service can tell me with a sincere tone my car will be delivered to my dealer 12/3-12/10 We all know what that smells like. Rock cod on the rocks in the baking summer sun. :drop:

I don't care if I get my car in March. Just give me factual information. Or give me the truth and tell me you don't know. Don't insult my growing intelligence. It may get other idea's. Cats with AK'S come to mind. So the mind is a little skewed.

James

What is the "status" of the vehicle? Is it "released from plant" or is it "shipped"? There is a big difference.

Remember that (unfortunately), the dates they give you are ESTIMATED. So when you say it was "due" November 28th, I assume you mean they gave you an ESTIMATED delivery of that date. I know of no way to track in your situation, but I would not worry too much yet. You could contact the zone rep through your dealer to get help.

Good luck.

Dave

What is the "status" of the vehicle? Is it "released from plant" or is it "shipped"? There is a big difference.

Remember that (unfortunately), the dates they give you are ESTIMATED. So when you say it was "due" November 28th, I assume you mean they gave you an ESTIMATED delivery of that date. I know of no way to track in your situation, but I would not worry too much yet. You could contact the zone rep through your dealer to get help.

Good luck.

Dave

Status is "REL FRN PLT" which is Released from Foriegn Plant. I get a different story from each person I talk to. Last maintanance was 11/4 when the car was built. It did not get released until 11/14. Dealer spoke with zone rep who tracked the car and he swears as of monday night it was on a rail car in Kansas City headed for Oklahoma City and should be delivered to my dealer Friday or Sat. Now get this, called SVT and they tell me the car has not left the striping shop. Could it really take a month to get striped and then still not shipped? Cars built later than mine have been delivered so something is up.

At this point I figure wait til this weekend and see if the zone rep and dealer are on target, if not I thing the dealer and myself are both going to get a lot more aggressive in tracking this car. Ford's inablilty to provide accurate information on a $40,000 item is inexcusable. Thier systems are outdated and far surpassed by thier competitors.

Status is "REL FRN PLT" which is Released from Foriegn Plant. I get a different story from each person I talk to. Last maintanance was 11/4 when the car was built. It did not get released until 11/14. Dealer spoke with zone rep who tracked the car and he swears as of monday night it was on a rail car in Kansas City headed for Oklahoma City and should be delivered to my dealer Friday or Sat. Now get this, called SVT and they tell me the car has not left the striping shop. Could it really take a month to get striped and then still not shipped? Cars built later than mine have been delivered so something is up.

At this point I figure wait til this weekend and see if the zone rep and dealer are on target, if not I thing the dealer and myself are both going to get a lot more aggressive in tracking this car. Ford's inablilty to provide accurate information on a $40,000 item is inexcusable. Thier systems are outdated and far surpassed by thier competitors.

Recently 2 members on this site have had there cars lost for 2 months with no one being able to tell them what the status of the car is. It happens quite often lately.

Keep in mind I'm not the expert, but here is my interpretation. Released from foreign plant means it's been striped and sent back to AAI. From there it needs to be "shipped" before it goes on a rail car. It could be that it's not yet on the rail car, OR it could be that the Ford systems are not updated.

Good luck, hope it arrives soon.

Dave

Keep in mind I'm not the expert, but here is my interpretation. Released from foreign plant means it's been striped and sent back to AAI. From there it needs to be "shipped" before it goes on a rail car. It could be that it's not yet on the rail car, OR it could be that the Ford systems are not updated.

Good luck, hope it arrives soon.

Dave

..I also read on another site, from a worker at the plant, stated that the system eta was set up for the mustang in general, and that it does not include the time needed for shelby striping and QC, and he also said the shelby gas cap goes on later. So if you are going by the eta in the system just after it is built, it is probably off by 3 weeks or so.

Well it is no longer missing in action. Dealer called last night and the car has arrived! :banana piano:

I am flying up to OKC Sunday afternoon and will pick up the car Monday morning. Can't wait. Its been 9 months since I ordered and 2 years since I first spoke with a dealer trying to purchase. Long road may be coming to a close. Hopefully now the real fun can begin.

Wish me luck in getting the car home safely. Thanks guys for all the support and info so far.

James

Well it is no longer missing in action. Dealer called last night and the car has arrived! :banana piano:

I am flying up to OKC Sunday afternoon and will pick up the car Monday morning. Can't wait. Its been 9 months since I ordered and 2 years since I first spoke with a dealer trying to purchase. Long road may be coming to a close. Hopefully now the real fun can begin.

Wish me luck in getting the car home safely. Thanks guys for all the support and info so far.

James

James,

Enjoy your day at the dealer. I assume you are driving it Home ? What will the roads be like for your commute. Where are you driving it from and where is home ?

Rob

James,

Enjoy your day at the dealer. I assume you are driving it Home ? What will the roads be like for your commute. Where are you driving it from and where is home ?

Rob

Weather looks cool but dry Monday, chance of showers on Tues but nothing major. No ice or snow since a couple weeks ago and its all gone now.

Archived