TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Kona side by side with 2007 Vista Blue

Tucker

We have a 2010 in the shop this week test fitting some parts and another customer stopped by to pick up some stuff with his Vista GT500, so we lined them up.

I must say, the longer I look at the 2010 the more I like it.

Now I still love my 08 and I'm not jumping on anything right now, but it looks great in person.

Enjoy:

tn_2010%20GT500%20045_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20048_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20049_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20050_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20051_medium.jpg

The 2010 opening for the heat exchanger looks much larger. Did they also increase the size of the H/E also?

Just like on the '07-'09's, the 2010's lower grill has apx 30% of the grill closed up. :headscratch:

See

20102.jpg

That 2010 is good looking though. Thanks for the pics!

Still an '07-'09 guy. Don't think that will change for me. Have seen the Kona Blue in person next to Vista Blue and was surprised how different they are. Kona Blue can actually look purple depending on the light. Both are way cool IMO.

WOW i wish i was there to see it in Person. Thanks for showing us the pictures.

I love the Kona Blue it looks really hot and the best thing is that this one looks like the one i have.

Hey wait a moment this is my car!! :doh:

WOW i wish i was there to see it in Person. Thanks for showing us the pictures.

I love the Kona Blue it looks really hot and the best thing is that this one looks like the one i have.

Hey wait a moment this is my car!! :doh:

When are you going to change to the new avatar?

When are you going to change to the new avatar?

Haha nice i was thinking the same, this why i did it in the same time you had post this. :happy feet:

But please forgive me if i still have my old love in it too. I still miss her!!! Give me some time! :cry:

We have a 2010 in the shop this week test fitting some parts and another customer stopped by to pick up some stuff with his Vista GT500, so we lined them up.

I must say, the longer I look at the 2010 the more I like it.

Now I still love my 08 and I'm not jumping on anything right now, but it looks great in person.

Enjoy:

tn_2010%20GT500%20045_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20048_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20049_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20050_medium.jpg

tn_2010%20GT500%20051_medium.jpg

Thanks Tucker!

They both look great!

I am still using and still buying your products.

All are what I expected from you! GREAT!

Thanks,

Todd

No offense to anyone, but the 2010 just looks too futuristic, like the camaro, to me. I do sort of like the front end, mostly the headlights, but I like the clean lines of the 07 hood (without the separate front trim) and the hood vents on the 07 much better. I also like the smaller lower opening on the 07. I like the rear fenders on the '10 from a side view, but I hate the rear view. The interior is awesome!! All in all, I am defintiely an 07-09 guy. Congrats to the new owners though!

No offense to anyone, but the 2010 just looks too futuristic, like the camaro, to me. I do sort of like the front end, mostly the headlights, but I like the clean lines of the 07 hood (without the separate front trim) and the hood vents on the 07 much better. I also like the smaller lower opening on the 07. I like the rear fenders on the '10 from a side view, but I hate the rear view. The interior is awesome!! All in all, I am defintiely an 07-09 guy. Congrats to the new owners though!

That's exactly how I feel.

I would love to have an '07-09 or '10 equally. With regard to exterior styling, I agree mostly with you. I love the '10 hips, but equally love the '07-'09 flares that are absent on the '10's. I agree on the hood vents. I think the '07-'09 vents and lack of the seperate front trim make the '07 and '09 front end look shorter, which I like.

One place I can't agree with you or all of the media, is the interior. I have sat in some '10's now, and I think the '07-'09s have better interiors. I don't like the rubber texture on the '10 dashpad and surround. The '07-'09 has leather cover, and it looks alot nicer. I also don't like the '10 center console as much. The center chunk of plastic looks like it doesn't align with the outer piece, near the parking brake handle, and the overall feel is more hard plastic.

Don't get me wrong....if I didn't have an '08, I'd be at a dealer buying an '10 right now. Nothing is even close to the GT500's '07-09 or '10....

Thanks so much for sharing that is so cool.

To me they are not that much different looking. Still the hood and rear end(just the spoiler, I do like the tail lights though) that I dont care for on th 10's .

The interior I like on the 10's but I like the 07-09's interior better. I, like many others just dont understand what all the hype is with the new interior layout its really no different.

Oh yeah I also like the proper sized turning signals on the 10's rather than the airliner beacons we have.

Thanks so much for sharing that is so cool.

To me they are not that much different looking. Still the hood and rear end(just the spoiler, I do like the tail lights though) that I dont care for on th 10's .

The interior I like on the 10's but I like the 07-09's interior better. I, like many others just dont understand what all the hype is with the new interior layout its really no different.

Oh yeah I also like the proper sized turning signals on the 10's rather than the airliner beacons we have.

Now I am going to have a complex about the airliner beacon turn signals.... I had never noticed that before, but you are right.....

I would love to have an '07-09 or '10 equally. With regard to exterior styling, I agree mostly with you. I love the '10 hips, but equally love the '07-'09 flares that are absent on the '10's. I agree on the hood vents. I think the '07-'09 vents and lack of the seperate front trim make the '07 and '09 front end look shorter, which I like.

One place I can't agree with you or all of the media, is the interior. I have sat in some '10's now, and I think the '07-'09s have better interiors. I don't like the rubber texture on the '10 dashpad and surround. The '07-'09 has leather cover, and it looks alot nicer. I also don't like the '10 center console as much. The center chunk of plastic looks like it doesn't align with the outer piece, near the parking brake handle, and the overall feel is more hard plastic.

Don't get me wrong....if I didn't have an '08, I'd be at a dealer buying an '10 right now. Nothing is even close to the GT500's '07-09 or '10....

The interior on the 10 is hands down better in all areas.

The interior on the 10 is hands down better in all areas. You can finally read the gauges during the day with sun glasses on.

I have sat in 3 now, and I simply don't agree. I think the media mega hyped it, and alot of people bought into it.

I have never had a problem seeing my gauges day, night, top up, top down, etc...

If you sit in them back and forth and ignore the hype, I think the '07-'09 is a more cohesive design.

I have sat in 3 now, and I simply don't agree. I think the media mega hyped it, and alot of people bought into it.

I have never had a problem seeing my gauges day, night, top up, top down, etc...

If you sit in them back and forth and ignore the hype, I think the '07-'09 is a more cohesive design.

I agree that the media hypes new cars to the extreme. When the '11 GT500 comes out, the '10 model will be deemed as 'prehistoric'. That is the way the game is played. Obviously the '10 model has upgrades over the '07 model, and the '10 is the obvious choice for the same $$. However, seldom is the decision that easy. For example, would you pick a new '09 GT500 with a TVS upgrade, suspension upgrade, and post August 08 clutch and flywheel, or a stock '10 for the same $$$? Not so easy now? Regardless, both are great cars and owners will enjoy the heck out of any year. Rock-on!

The gauges are dark and hard to read during the day on the 07GT500 compared to the white gauges on the GT 10..

I've never had a problem reading the gauges either...

I am only saying WHITE is a better than BLACK on the gauges, give Ford credit for fine tuning a super car.The radio controls on the steering wheel are nice . The dash is more in line with a $50000 car. I think Ford has improved the interior to match the price of the car. I own a 07 Gt500 and it looks like Ford spent the money on the engine and not the interior.

I am only saying WHITE is a better than BLACK on the gauges, give Ford credit for fine tuning a super car.The radio controls on the steering wheel are nice . The dash is more in line with a $50000 car. I think Ford has improved the interior to match the price of the car. I own a 07 Gt500 and it looks like Ford spent the money on the engine and not the interior.

I like the unique place for the shelby plaque in 07-09 this will prove to be true down the road, i did not buy a benz or an audi so to me the interior of my 08 is fair enough. every time i look at the signed plaque i smile.

I like the unique place for the shelby plaque in 07-09 this will prove to be true down the road, i did not buy a benz or an audi so to me the interior of my 08 is fair enough. every time i look at the signed plaque i smile.

Why put up with a pinto dash ? When the money you spent could be more like a Benz. It's called value and you should demand it.You still have the hard plastic on the door panels .

Archived