TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My GT500 with a 2010 SS/RS Camaro

bpmurr

Wow did we all make a great choice by going Shelby. The camaro has its moments, but door to door like that against the Shelby the camaro looks like......SheeeeHaaat.

Also people complain about the '10 rear on the stang, but the camaro has one of the worst designed rear ends I have even seen. From the front to the doors..not bad. After that just poor design. Looks like GM R&D ran out of room and just threw something together......ie. Lets just mods the 'vets rear a little and use that. What a waste!!!!

Sorry GM you will sell a bunch of these but in my mind this is a strikeout.

Also people complain about the '10 rear on the stang, but the camaro has one of the worst designed rear ends I have even seen. From the front to the doors..not bad. After that just poor design.

Totally agree with you. Camaros just never did anything for me. Na, I just don't like it.

Wow did we all make a great choice by going Shelby. The camaro has its moments, but door to door like that against the Shelby the camaro looks like......SheeeeHaaat.

Also people complain about the '10 rear on the stang, but the camaro has one of the worst designed rear ends I have even seen. From the front to the doors..not bad. After that just poor design. Looks like GM R&D ran out of room and just threw something together......ie. Lets just mods the 'vets rear a little and use that. What a waste!!!!

Sorry GM you will sell a bunch of these but in my mind this is a strikeout.

+1 Yep, looks like the rear design was a afterthought. Lets get 'er done boys we are BROKE! :hysterical:

That gold bow tie looks like they ripped it off a Silverado and slapped it on there...whats wrong with GM? It looks out of place.

It also looks enormous...maybe its just the perspective?

Anyway thanks for the picts, interesting to see them side by side.

KC666

:rockon:

Camaro looks good from the side view..... front view is marginal, and the rear is terrible (aka crap).

When I saw the back up-close I canceled my intent to buy a camaro and bought a GT500 instead.

Also, I don't get the mail-slot on the front fascia. If you want to go for an aftermarket hood with a scoop, you are stuck with 2 hood scoops? So, either replace the front fascia at the same time, or make up a story that the Camaro is so fast that it needs dual induction. :headscratch:

Wow you guys are a tough crowd! The Camaro5 guys are more complimentary of the Stang then you all are with the Camaro. lol Personally I like both cars, the SS/RS was my backup option if the Shelby deal didn't go through.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.p...0434#post740434

That is because nobody would take you seriously if you say the Mustang doesn't look good! :slapfight:

That is because nobody would take you seriously if you say the Mustang doesn't look good! :slapfight:

Yeah, you can't argue with facts. Oh, wait a minute, you can on certain subject's I guess. :hysterical:

All joking aside though, even though the Camaro is not for me on any level, it's good that American's are buying American and supporting our country. Who knows? Some of those Camaro buyers might have bought a Lexus or a BMW instead. It's possible.

All joking aside though, even though the Camaro is not for me on any level, it's good that American's are buying American and supporting our country. Who knows? Some of those Camaro buyers might have bought a Lexus or a BMW instead. It's possible.

Well put.

Camaro: Nice.

GT500: VERY NICE!!

Personally, I think the Mustang's design will age better. GM tried too hard not to look retro, except maybe from the side view where the car shares styling cues with the first generation. This design will get old quickly IMHO. There is a reason why some cars (Mustang, Challenger, Ford GT) do well with a retro design: the original design was very good to begin with. The first generation Camaro was also a very nice design and I think GM should have stuck more closely to it, as Chrysler did with the Challenger.

On the inside, I prefer the Mustang also, especially with the improvements that were made for 2010. Still, I applaud GM for making a car that many people will find highly desirable (they seem to sell very well so far), which means that for once, they GM won't have to sell a car based on incentives.

The only thing I dont like about the Camaro is the bow tie. I think it is nice looking. And if I could swing it, I would have all 3 of them!!

This is a great time for cars right now(glorious horse power) something which we will never see come again. Time to grab hold and bask in the moment.

This is where GM screwed up. Can the Camaro and bring back the....Trans-Am... :happy feet: :drool:

I hear you, I have always been a fan of the TA, but with Ponitiac going going gone....I guess its not gonna happen. They SHOULD have canned Buick! One the other hand maybe they will bring back the GS or the GN! :hysterical:

Maybe pigs will begin to fly too...

Anyway, I am glad they are making a Camaro and its not that bad except the back and the bowtie...its more of a shame they didnt tweak it a bit more, it could have been GREAT instead of OK. I would still like to have one if I had the bread and/or garage space. Getting a Chally first if anything.

KC666

:rockon:

the camaro makes our shelbys look small

I actually like the fact that it is not as big. I saw a Challenger the other day and to me it looked huge. :lurk:

Wow you guys are a tough crowd! The Camaro5 guys are more complimentary of the Stang then you all are with the Camaro. lol Personally I like both cars, the SS/RS was my backup option if the Shelby deal didn't go through.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.p...0434#post740434

Well, not completely complimentary:

"Sorry not impressed by the GT500. It looks like hungry hungry hippo :barf: :barf: " :hysterical:

Archived