TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have the top TSB done?

My baby is currently on her second week in the shop having top repairs done. I complained again about the a-pillar rattle and they ordered new trim for it to stop that, then they said they were replacing the insulation in the top as well as weatherstripping.......I just want to make sure they do the whole top as I had some pretty distinctive wear marks right above the driver's door. According to the dealer, they're still waiting on parts????? I miss my car terribly, but took it in 3 days after I had shoulder surgery on my right arm and haven't missed shifting gears too much (although my doc said it would be good therapy), but I'm getting tired of waiting.

What's your experience been with this repair?

My baby is currently on her second week in the shop having top repairs done. I complained again about the a-pillar rattle and they ordered new trim for it to stop that, then they said they were replacing the insulation in the top as well as weatherstripping.......I just want to make sure they do the whole top as I had some pretty distinctive wear marks right above the driver's door. According to the dealer, they're still waiting on parts????? I miss my car terribly, but took it in 3 days after I had shoulder surgery on my right arm and haven't missed shifting gears too much (although my doc said it would be good therapy), but I'm getting tired of waiting.

What's your experience been with this repair?

as far as I know, ford has no permenent fix for this issue. I have been working with my local dealer to get mine fixed with a permenent fix ratther then them replacing my top every year. It's been almost a year now with no resolve and I am affraid to say but I think ford is turning a blind eye to this issue and once our warranties expire we will be on our own footing the bill to get a new top every 2-3 years or live with a top with holes in it. I would put money on it that the problem with the tops live on in the 2010's. I am calling ford tomorrow and raise some hell about it.

as far as I know, ford has no permenent fix for this issue. I have been working with my local dealer to get mine fixed with a permenent fix ratther then them replacing my top every year. It's been almost a year now with no resolve and I am affraid to say but I think ford is turning a blind eye to this issue and once our warranties expire we will be on our own footing the bill to get a new top every 2-3 years or live with a top with holes in it. I would put money on it that the problem with the tops live on in the 2010's. I am calling ford tomorrow and raise some hell about it.

My money is on nothing has been changed. Every one I looked at at a recent event, had signs of the wear (there were no '10's, but I have looked at one at a car show, and it looks the same, so I don't know what they would do to change it.

About the only thing I think they could do to really fix it, is set some stops to prevent full retraction, thus keeping the pinching down, but then it would stack up higher, and probably rattle.

Archived