TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Mustang / GT500 JOB1 Dates

robertlane

Miss Model, Please take the time to get something in writting from your dealer. They can change there mind a raise the price if you don't know exactly what they will charge. I have gone through this and it is not pretty.

Agree 100%!! Holy cow, if you don't know what the dealer is going to charge you for a car that has already been ordered you may be in for a BIG SURPRISE!! (and not a good one, either, I guarantee!!)

Looking at my crystal ball... I see Miss Model crying :cry: as she finds out the "deal" her dealer is going to present her with.

I used to check in once a day now it is every hour or less! Today I drove around to the diff Ford dealers just to see the various colors on the Mustang so I can finally decide on one{have to be ready to place that order}. As of right now it will be Vista Blue with Performance White stripes :D

I hear ya brother!

I have a Vista w/white stripes 06 convert with the pony pkg and premium interior.

I can't begin to tell ya how many comments and looks I get! So when the chance came to put in an order for the Shelby....

You guessed it - Vista w/white!!!!

White and Blue had been the American racing teams colors and were prominant on the early Shelby's and GT40's. :shift::banvictory: :burnout:

I'm in the same boat with one of my orders, which is why I contacted a second dealer.

The first dealer will not put anything into writing until MSRP is announced. Second dealer agreed to 5K over, but likely won't get it until next year sometime. I can cancel either at anytime, and both dealers know I have 2 orders in.

This is how bad it's gotten for me: I'm actually considering going through with both orders. That'll make the wife reeeeal happy with me.

I gave a refundable deposit of $500.00 (all in writing and signed) and so far I am number 2 on the dealer list with me being the first one to spec out and order a car. Nothing in writing as to price but was told two to five thousand over the msrp. My father also went to school and is friends with the dealship owner. I am not saying I have any pull but since 1952 we(our family) has been treated very fairly by our Ford dealership. I know times have changed but you will not see me sheading a tear if I do not get the car. It is something I want but do not have to own if there is a tremendous price gouge. At my age you live with ups and downs and it would be nice to own if the price is right.

Archived