TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger

Hi All,

If anyone has insalled one of these yet I would appreciate information such as performance, cost, ease of installation, tune related to installation, and last but not least pictures.

Thanks,

-Billy

Hi All,

If anyone has insalled one of these yet I would appreciate information such as performance, cost, ease of installation, tune related to installation, and last but not least pictures.

Thanks,

-Billy

there are a few out there

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ce+Supercharger

wow, almost a year later

I had one installed and helped/watched the entire process. A skilled mechanic can install this within 10 hours, the crew at Powerhouse did mine in 7. Tune went in smoothly and quickly. Cost is $5,750.( Look for one on ebay with "buy it now or best offer and make a lower offer, I saved around $500) Installation should be $60-70 per hour. To be eligable for the warranty an authorized shop needs to install it. I know JDM in NJ had a special for $6399 for the supercharger and installation. Here is my post on the install and pictures with a Dyno pull video.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;hl=edelbrock

In the search tab, type in "edelbrock" quite a lot of info will come up for you. Good luck,

Jim

I installed one as well in Feb... took about 12 hours and was more tedious than anything. The biggest issue was messing around with the connector repinning as that was a PITA, but having a depinning tool from Delphi really helped. Otherwise, very straight forward and anyone with basic wrenching skills can do it. I had a few other little issues, but that was to be expected since I received one of the first units shipped (s/n 0007), but Edelbrock was AWESOME and went above and beyond to get everything solved. There are deals to be found out there as several of the shops that carry them offer "call in" only pricing that they can't publish.

Here's a few shots of mine along with a video of my dyno run...

billetSDcaps005.jpg

superchargerz.jpg

E-force Dyno Video

dyno.jpg

Doogie65,

Your numbers on the dyno seem a bit low, when I purchased my unit in Feb, I retained the original MAF and the ford racing cold air unit.. I am sure if you go back to this on your unit and recal you should see upwards of 490 Hp est.. If you have the original SGT MAF unit and racing element let me know and I could forward to you the correct "CROM" file

.. This of course assumes you have a Shelby GT and not a mustang GT.. I cannot tell from your photos..

GNB

Doogie65,

Your numbers on the dyno seem a bit low, when I purchased my unit in Feb, I retained the original MAF and the ford racing cold air unit.. I am sure if you go back to this on your unit and recal you should see upwards of 490 Hp est.. If you have the original SGT MAF unit and racing element let me know and I could forward to you the correct "CROM" file

.. This of course assumes you have a Shelby GT and not a mustang GT.. I cannot tell from your photos..

GNB

Mine is a Mustang GT. The 490 HP you refer to... is that RW or at the crank? Because if you do the math on mine (which is basically running the canned GT tune), I should be in the 480 - 490 range at the crank and EB states 466 as thier published spec. I think for my set-up considering I am still running the stock fuel pump, 422RWHP is pretty decent. I know there is lot more in the unit, but I like retaining the stock airbox and keeping things very safe (for now anyhow!).

Archived