TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Shelby GT500 Owners from Houston?

Im located just outside of Houston and the only GT500 that I've seen is a blue and white striped GT500 that drives around my neighborhood once in a while. I call this guy Mr. Blue. Lately I've been seeing alot of dodge challengers and New Camaros but rarely do you get to see some Gt500s down here. So where is everyone at? Where do you hang out? During some nice sunny weekends i tend to go down and cruise on the SW side so if anyone sees an 09 Red with White stripes with Chrome Trim then you've found me. You can call me Mr. Red.

Thanks

Im located just outside of Houston and the only GT500 that I've seen is a blue and white striped GT500 that drives around my neighborhood once in a while. I call this guy Mr. Blue. Lately I've been seeing alot of dodge challengers and New Camaros but rarely do you get to see some Gt500s down here. So where is everyone at? Where do you hang out? During some nice sunny weekends i tend to go down and cruise on the SW side so if anyone sees an 09 Red with White stripes with Chrome Trim then you've found me. You can call me Mr. Red.

Thanks

I live in League City, I have a Tungsten Gray GT500... used to go up to the car show in Kemah, but they shut it down.

Now they've moved to a Hooters nearby, but the parking lot is smaller and coned off so it's not as "chill" as the other place.

The Kemah place was awesome because you could drive up and stay as long as you wanted an then just get in your car and go... the other place is coned off so I assume if you park in the cones, you're kind of there for the duration.

Plus like I said the lot is smaller so it's just not as fun.

I don't really go anywhere now :(

Cruise down to Galveston every once in a while but that's about it.

I live in Westside of Houston. White with blue stripes 2008 GT500. There are a couple of GT500's in my area. One red with white stripes and one black with silver stripes.

See lots of challengers and camaros now. I still get all of the looks and attention when i take the Shelby out. It stands way out from everything else around.

You guys need to come up to the north side :) We are all up here. Get together on Tuesday nights.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45648

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45591

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46007

Live and work in the Memorial area of Houston. There are actually several GT500 around here. Check the West Houston Muscle car club, or the Westside Mustang Club, or the Mustang Club of Houston. All are basically on the west/ southwest side of town. Also, on the first saturday of each month there is a morning car gathering off of 610 and Post Oak near the starbucks in the shopping center. Usually there are at least two or three GT500s there. Personally, I'm out for this weekend, but I usually like to head there. They meet from around 8:30 till about 10:30am. Lots of nice people, and some amazing cars.

Last, there is a car show/ benefit at the Hooters on 59 in Stafford on the 9th. I plan on being there. Last time it was a pretty nice time.

Oh, and if you come across a black GT500 with alloy stripes, that would be me.

Jason

Kemah over here... Seen a few other GT500 around here and League City. Don't get out too much around here. I do see alot of the Camaros out lately, but never when I'm in the GT500. My dailey beater is a 93 T-bird.

Live in Clear Lake. Mine is Vista Blue with white stripes.

Since I bought my car, in October 2006, I haven't seen another GT500 on the road more than 3 or 4 times.

As for local car shows, there's one every Friday night in the Home Depot parking lot off of 518 in Pearland. Lots of different cars -- everything from classic custom hot rods to late model Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. I've seen a couple of first generation Shelbys there too. Just drive in and drive out.

Live in Clear Lake. Mine is Vista Blue with white stripes.

Since I bought my car, in October 2006, I haven't seen another GT500 on the road more than 3 or 4 times.

As for local car shows, there's one every Friday night in the Home Depot parking lot off of 518 in Pearland. Lots of different cars -- everything from classic custom hot rods to late model Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers. I've seen a couple of first generation Shelbys there too. Just drive in and drive out.

Wow I live right behind the home depot. Usually the Home Depot Parking Lot is pretty dark unless they go to the Sonic right across to get more lighting. I'll have to check this out.

Thanks!

League City here, I take rides in the evenings a couple nights a week. I've seen a few Shelbys and 1 KR here in my area proberly some of you on here :)

I didnt know the Kemah show moved to Hooters I'll be checking this out ( the car show that is)

Yeah it's the Hooters off of I-45.

It's a shame Target shut the Kemah thing down, that was a lot of fun... oh well :)

A Little OT here but do any of you guys drive around with no front license plates? I heard that it's a TX state law to have them on your front bumber. I've seen a couple LEOs who haven't said anything about having one on my car but since I am on a deffered disposition with a 90 day probation period for driving, i am not willing to risk getting pulled over. LOL

Thanks!

A Little OT here but do any of you guys drive around with no front license plates? I heard that it's a TX state law to have them on your front bumber. I've seen a couple LEOs who haven't said anything about having one on my car but since I am on a deffered disposition with a 90 day probation period for driving, i am not willing to risk getting pulled over. LOL

Thanks!

I'm not sure what a deferred disposition probation is, but yeah if I were you maybe keep it on there to be safe.

I don't run a front plate on my car and haven't had any issues. I think most cops are pretty cool about it unless you're driving around like a crazy person or something.

I'm not sure what a deferred disposition probation is, but yeah if I were you maybe keep it on there to be safe.

I don't run a front plate on my car and haven't had any issues. I think most cops are pretty cool about it unless you're driving around like a crazy person or something.

Do you know of a link where I can align and install my front license plates? Or do i just simply drill into the front Bumber? :headscratch:

Do you know of a link where I can align and install my front license plates? Or do i just simply drill into the front Bumber? :headscratch:

If you're going to put it on permanently then I'd get one of those license holder things so you don't have to drill.

I forget who sells them, but that's the route I'd go.

Thanks!

If you notice on the front of mine no plate :) I have been pulled over a couple of time and they said nothing about it. It is however the law we have one here in Tx.

Spring Branch area here. Vapor w/black stripes. Have seen a couple of GT500s but man is it rare!!! last one I saw was over by where I live at Beltway 8 & Hammerly. Will definetly check out some of the gatherings on the weekends around the area!

If you're going to put it on permanently then I'd get one of those license holder things so you don't have to drill.

I forget who sells them, but that's the route I'd go.

I don't regularly run a front plate either, but when I go in for inspection I do -- and just attach it to the lower grill with tie wraps. The fit is actually pretty secure and I think would hold up for the long haul (although I usually remove mine within hours of getting my sticker).

I too have been stopped a few times for other things and the missing front plate has never been an issue.

Thanks!

I recently installed a retractable one on mine due to an officer having a bad day. he pulled me over just for that and then wrote me a ticket for the plate and window tint. He even U-turned in a construction area just to pull me over.

As fo the install, it took a little fabricating, but was generally easy to install. No drilling or cutting. Used the the same points that the splitter attaches through. You can get them both as a manual or electric. I ordered mine online through swift motor sports.

I recently installed a retractable one on mine due to an officer having a bad day. he pulled me over just for that and then wrote me a ticket for the plate and window tint. He even U-turned in a construction area just to pull me over.

As fo the install, it took a little fabricating, but was generally easy to install. No drilling or cutting. Used the the same points that the splitter attaches through. You can get them both as a manual or electric. I ordered mine online through swift motor sports.

Ouch... sounds like he WAS having a bad day... where was it so I can avoid it :)

Lots of owners in the Houston area! Some of you have bound to have had the clutch TSB performed. Is there a dealer that will do it without a lot of hassle, especially if you didn't buy it from them?

Try McRee Ford off I-45 South in Dickinson. I bought my Shelby at a dealer in Arkansas and McRee took care of me with no hassles. Of course, my tranny and clutch were in pretty tough shape, so there was little doubt I qualified for the TSB.

Good luck!

Try McRee Ford off I-45 South in Dickinson. I bought my Shelby at a dealer in Arkansas and McRee took care of me with no hassles. Of course, my tranny and clutch were in pretty tough shape, so there was little doubt I qualified for the TSB.

Good luck!

+1 On Mcree Ford. I purchased my Shelby they took care of the tranny,clutch,and any other parts needed. They did a great job no problems with having to go back to look at this or that shes been shifting great ever since. I think Eric was the techs name.

Archived