TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Interior Upgrade Installed Today

Thanks to Robert and Gary Disney I had my SGT's interior upgraded today. In my opinion it looks freakin awesome. I got the white snow inserts, non perforated. I have the light graphite (grey) interior so I was a little worried that there would be enough contrast in the embroidered snake and CS signature. Overall the install went well, it took about three hours. My only issue was there are a couple of places where the leather looks a little loose. The installer said to leave the car in the sun for a few hours and it would tighten up. Have a look:

100_1009.jpg

100_1011.jpg

100_1013.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_1016.jpg

100_1019.jpg

100_1021.jpg

100_1023.jpg

Dave, that looks so cool! :happy feet: Tell Beth that I said that interior makes the car look faster so now you have to go with the SC package.....if she gets upset .......she'll eventually get over it....I think. :hysterical: It was great to see both of you this past weekend. Take care. Craig/GG :happy feet: :happy feet:

Dave, that looks so cool! :happy feet: Tell Beth that I said that interior makes the car look faster so now you have to go with the SC package.....if she gets upset .......she'll eventually get over it....I think. :hysterical: It was great to see both of you this past weekend. Take care. Craig/GG :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks Craig,

I think it really sets the car off. It was good to see you and GG too.

Dave

Very nice. I caught your post about the pictures, I never did post mine#*&%! Looks awesome and a mod I am glad I got too!

Thanks Swede,

I agree, it is a great looking mod. When the rear seat delete kit price went out of sight i decided to pull the trigger on this. I think we'd still like to see pictures of yours too. :yup:

I was at a car show Sat. in Vancouver WA. I saw this car...but not the owner. Who's is it ?

It has the interior upgrade.

MustangStampedeWDavid2009050.jpg

MustangStampedeWDavid2009051.jpg

Grabber - Damn that is an awesome car. Just incredible looking, probably the nicest out there anywhere. :):) Yes that is my car. Looked for you GRABBER but could not find you. See you soon I hope.

Dave

Grabber - Damn that is an awesome car. Just incredible looking, probably the nicest out there anywhere. :):) Yes that is my car. Looked for you GRABBER but could not find you. See you soon I hope.

Dave

Dave,

That Blue Harley behind your car is mine.....so I was close. I was at the show for 2 hours.

Sorry I missed you.

That console lid cover looks awesome SWEDE. I just tried ordering it but it says out of stock on the Shelby Store.

I also have a console lid coming that will match the seats. Black sides, white stiching, grey top with SGT logo. When I asked Gary Disney about it he said they were waiting for a shipment of lids to arrive. He said about 2 more weeks for mine to be done and shipped.

Dave

I emailed him last night and asked if it was still possible just to send in my old lid for him to use. I hope it is, because my Scott Drake cover is coming unglued and it would be nice to salvage the lid I already have.

Ken

I emailed him last night and asked if it was still possible just to send in my old lid for him to use. I hope it is, because my Scott Drake cover is coming unglued and it would be nice to salvage the lid I already have.

Ken

Ken,

I think when the product was first introuduced you could send in your old console lid or have the option of buyng a lid for an extra $95, but I think they were having too many issues with take off lids so they adjusted the price and included it all together. If Gary sees this post maybe he can comment.

Dave

To both Dave and swede, they look great. Rick

Thanks guys. What about the fit? I'm certainly not an expert in the upholstery world. Do you think by the pics that I should be concerned about any wrinkles? I would not say the fit is loose by any means, but I remember a coment by another forum member who had concerns about the fitment. Will they shrink up in a hot sun as the installer has said? Dave

Thanks guys. What about the fit? I'm certainly not an expert in the upholstery world. Do you think by the pics that I should be concerned about any wrinkles? I would not say the fit is loose by any means, but I remember a coment by another forum member who had concerns about the fitment. Will they shrink up in a hot sun as the installer has said? Dave

Dave, send it down here and I'll let her do some "heat soak" in the driveway. I promise it will tighten up! J/K I have read elsewhere this is being recommended. BTW, don't forget to send me email w/ pics of what we talked about last weekend...Take care.

I talked to the people at Katzkin leather and they said that ALL leather seats will have wrinkles, as mine does also but very little, they said that if you have loose leather, the sun will not make it go away unless it is cheap leather and you had to soak it with water, which they dont recomend, they have offered to change out my one spot that had a few wrinkles, but I can live with it and the Katzskin company is great to work with, they also said they do over 800 seats a day and sometimes wrinkles happen, btw I do like the Shelby seats as they look great, Rick

• 4 years later...

It's been a few years- has your leather tightened up???? still wrinkles?

Maybe some, overall I'm not as picky about this as others. I will say that when I go to shows ithe interior is usually the thing I get the biggest compliments about.

Archived