TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Camaro Vid takes a Shelby GT

awakeinAZ

All this goes to show you is the old saying of "On any given Sunday"!

So if any one wants my Shelby Card, my Man Card, Or the Shelby is better than all other vehicles Card, Come and get it! Your more than welcome to come and pry it from me!

I think I'll just trade the SGT in for a Ricer now! NOT!

So if any one wants my Shelby Card, my Man Card, Or the Shelby is better than all other vehicles Card, Come and get it! Your more than welcome to come and pry it from me!

Pull your man card....NO WAY!!!! you just MANNED UP and admitted it!!! Kudos to you

Hey Guys...

I just had to stop in...

Yes, that is actually my Camaro in the video... I was taping and our friend Jim (another Mustang owner) was behind the wheel...

First, let me just say, Scott is a stand up guy! I gave him a heck of a ribbing when he pulled back in the pits! He was laughing just as hard was I was! Even when I broke into my happy dance! :yahoo: He really is a great guy... and Scott, thanks for the present that just keeps on giving!!!

And for the record I am a former Mustang owner (multiple stangs including my 12 second V6) ... I am not a Chevy fanboy... I am a very level headed car enthusiast... In fact I go out of my way to inform the new V6 Camaro owners that the 300HP don't mean crap when you only have 270 ft/lbs of torque and a 3800 pound car! LOL!

Now about the video... LOL! Yep, Jim only pulled a 15.2... but as Scott said the head wind was an absolute killer!!! Also it was Jim's first time behind the wheel of the Camaro... Since that time I've pulled a 14.6 @ 94 MPH... if you correct to sea level it works out to about 14.3@97... which is about right where the car is advertised...

And yes, Scott redeemed himself later in the day! Don't remember the exact times... but it sure beat the heck out of me!!!

Hey Guys...

I just had to stop in...

Yes, that is actually my Camaro in the video... I was taping and our friend Jim (another Mustang owner) was behind the wheel...

First, let me just say, Scott is a stand up guy! I gave him a heck of a ribbing when he pulled back in the pits! He was laughing just as hard was I was! Even when I broke into my happy dance! :yahoo: He really is a great guy... and Scott, thanks for the present that just keeps on giving!!!

And for the record I am a former Mustang owner (multiple stangs including my 12 second V6) ... I am not a Chevy fanboy... I am a very level headed car enthusiast... In fact I go out of my way to inform the new V6 Camaro owners that the 300HP don't mean crap when you only have 270 ft/lbs of torque and a 3800 pound car! LOL!

Now about the video... LOL! Yep, Jim only pulled a 15.2... but as Scott said the head wind was an absolute killer!!! Also it was Jim's first time behind the wheel of the Camaro... Since that time I've pulled a 14.6 @ 94 MPH... if you correct to sea level it works out to about 14.3@97... which is about right where the car is advertised...

And yes, Scott redeemed himself later in the day! Don't remember the exact times... but it sure beat the heck out of me!!!

Good back story!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your car!

:shift:

Swede, comeon now, what do you REALLY think? :lol:

Seriously, though, an experienced drag racer could squeeze only a 15.22 out of a V6 Camaro? That's pretty sad and just proved how much heft they must have to carry around for their 300 hp.

As for StangFever, there has to as least be a filmed re-match so you can show the world how badly a Shelby GT can blow away your buddie's V6 Camaro. But, for God's sake, don't lose the re-match.....

Ya I know it just really made me sick. I mean 4.6 V-8 getting spanked by a V-6 with a good launch? What, I mean really now. Just sick, just sick- Unfrign real.

Hey Guys...

I just had to stop in...

As Jeff has already stated, thanks for stopping by and sharing the back story with us, and you seem to be a nice fellow, but...

WAS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO POST THE RACE ON YOUTUBE???!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

As Jeff has already stated, thanks for stopping by and sharing the back story with us, and you seem to be a nice fellow, but...

WAS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO POST THE RACE ON YOUTUBE???!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thanks! And like anyone would believe me if I didn't! LOL!

And I'm sure Scott will be posting the video when he wipes the track with me next time! LOL!

Thanks! And like anyone would believe me if I didn't! LOL!

And I'm sure Scott will be posting the video when he wipes the track with me next time! LOL!

I hope so - that's what I want to see!! :happy feet:

Personally, I think the race was cool.. I mean tell me have any of you guys had a bad day on or off the track? Got caught sleeping at the wheel when that ole lady in the

Pontiac catilina shows up at the light next too you and friggin dusts you? Of course we all have.. Really, I am glad they posted it,,,gives those camaro guys a false sense of security,,kinda like all the boy racers I dust with my Ram 2500 with a 500HP cummins, yes that right, getting beat by a Chic is kinda bad,,but to get your ricer dusted by a diesel,,,well thats a whole new ball game. I like to think they are so embarressed that they run home and sell thier cars out of shame! They should too, Real men make HP at the negine,,not through NOS,,,NOS is for weak mommas boys! :hysterical:

Good race,,, can't wait to meet the next V6 camaro at the track, maybe I should run them in my diesel? if the race is close I will shift to the fast car (SGT)

:hysterical3:

GNB

See what happens when your a nice guy, nice guys finish last! :hysterical3:

Your allowed one man mistake per year, from now on we're kick'n a$$ and taken names!! :superhero:

:hysterical:

Scott is a good friend and one heck of a nice guy. After losing the race he came out laughing and didn,t throw his brand new three week old SIMPSON helmet on the ground like most of us would have done. He is learning and keeps getting better, just give him time. He won't lets us down next time or we'll take his new Simpson and give it to someone else, right Scott? :hysterical3::hysterical:

This is fricken halarious!

Hate to tell you that car isn't a fake.

Ask me how I know........................

Cause it was me behind the wheel asleep! Havin some fun with a friend that just bought the camaro a few days prior to the video!

Long story short, his wife gave him a pass to go to the track on his anniversary! So he let another friend (with a bit of track experience) take the car down the track against me (first time out this season). I tried to launch with TCS off MISTAKE!!!! As I spun hard into and past the 60'. Oh and the headwind was incredible on that day (like 20- 30 MPH)! I gave him an anniversary present to remember!

I did redeem myself the remainder of the day!

dude...

Personally, I think the race was cool.. I mean tell me have any of you guys had a bad day on or off the track? Got caught sleeping at the wheel when that ole lady in the

Pontiac catilina shows up at the light next too you and friggin dusts you? Of course we all have.. Really, I am glad they posted it,,,gives those camaro guys a false sense of security,,kinda like all the boy racers I dust with my Ram 2500 with a 500HP cummins, yes that right, getting beat by a Chic is kinda bad,,but to get your ricer dusted by a diesel,,,well thats a whole new ball game. I like to think they are so embarressed that they run home and sell thier cars out of shame! They should too, Real men make HP at the negine,,not through NOS,,,NOS is for weak mommas boys! :hysterical:

Good race,,, can't wait to meet the next V6 camaro at the track, maybe I should run them in my diesel? if the race is close I will shift to the fast car (SGT)

:hysterical3:

GNB

if you are a woman AND OWN A CHIPPED DIESEL..... where the F$*Ks the cloning tank we need more women like that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Armorine,

Hehe, no not a woman, was implying that we all have raced a few women, getting beaten by a chic is bad...

On another note, nope not really a chipped diesel, more like bigger injectors, super-B ceramic bearing turbo,

Hi ram intake, cold air kit, 4" dual exhaust and a good tune,,, yep speed is a way of life!

GNB

Armorine,

Hehe, no not a woman, was implying that we all have raced a few women, getting beaten by a chic is bad...

On another note, nope not really a chipped diesel, more like bigger injectors, super-B ceramic bearing turbo,

Hi ram intake, cold air kit, 4" dual exhaust and a good tune,,, yep speed is a way of life!

GNB

haha just checking, man that diesel sounds MEAN. we may need pics :shift:

Considering the reviews in the typical car mags had the stock SGT around 13.5-13.7 seconds at 105 MPH for the 1/4 mile... Here is a perfect example of what an average driver should be able to do = 13.88 secs @ 104 MPH...

post-8727-1249263754_thumb.jpg

And if I could just get a better launch and the 60' time below 2 seconds, then I'm looking at matching the "experts" from the magazine reviews :shift:

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

A huge win of .002 by the V6 car.

Come on, I know even without dyno and track test and no supercharger my car would do a better time than 15 seconds. I run street tires and hook my car out of the hole better than that and on pain killers!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Considering the reviews in the typical car mags had the stock SGT around 13.5-13.7 seconds at 105 MPH for the 1/4 mile... Here is a perfect example of what an average driver should be able to do = 13.88 secs @ 104 MPH...

And if I could just get a better launch and the 60' time below 2 seconds, then I'm looking at matching the "experts" from the magazine reviews :shift:

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

13.7? hell i hear a high twelve was possible!....then again slicks may have been involved :redcard:

can;t wait till i get some wider tires

13.7? hell i hear a high twelve was possible!....then again slicks may have been involved :redcard:

can;t wait till i get some wider tires

My last run of the night was against a highly modded '06 GT Vert w/Auto... KB S/C, M&H Tires, Methanol Injected, 3.73 Rear End, etc... He ran an 11.9 @ 122 MPH :superhero:

But at least I "lost" to another V-8 Mustang and not a 6-Cyl Camaro :talkhand:

Gregg

07SGT0547

This is going to be Secondo and I someday.... :banvictory: Both cars are Sweeeeeeeeeet and it's possible the Camaro driver was a female.... :happy feet: Now I really wouldn't mind owning a V6 RED HOT Camaro.... :dance:

I'LL buy you one Sexystang !! :dance:

:hide:

I am going to run my SGT at the texas motor speedway drag and brag this weekend and in my class there is plenty of 10 scamaros to play with and I am ready to take one down for sure... Ill let everyone know what happens...

Film at 11!

good luck!

Archived