TEAM SHELBY FORUM

69 and 09 Snakes!!

OCD

I finally took the Shelby on a good road trip today!! I drove up to Calgary to hang out with my Uncle for the day... Was a great trip, about 6 hrs of total drive time... Hot sunny day, top down the whole time, even on the way home in the dark... Prolly got a few strange looks but meh, whatever!!

Car ran superb, cruises just perfectly... 75 - 80 mph in 6th gear at 2000 rpm... Hard to keep her there though with that boost gauge right in front of me!!

Speaking of which, I am still only getting 5 pounds... have like 1800 kilometers on her...

Here's some pics of our cars together...

Btw, I think I need to lower my car a bit huh?

DSC09916.JPG

DSC09922.JPG

DSC09925.JPG

Reflecting back 40 years!!

DSC09938.JPG

DSC09929.JPG

DSC09937.JPG

I use my website to upload pics right to a server, sometimes it may be down for maintenence but they should show otherwise...

The size difference between the cars was eye opening thats for sure!! It's like the new ones are on roids!!

We took the old girl out for a spin too, gotta say those 4 barrels opening up sounds like sweet music!! I didn't get any vid of it but I did remember to shoot a little clip on my way home... The supercharger whine is sweet music too!!

Thank you for the kind words, you peeps rock so that means a lot to me!!

Do the 09 Shelby convertibles have SHELBY across and under the spoiler? I have an 09 coupe and mine is on the upper left hand corner below my spoiler.

It was on the left side too, I peeled the letters off and stretched them out... I like the look better...

There's a template available...

So cool! Thanks man! And we think the 69 is a pretty good sized car......I'm always surprised when I see vintage and current side by side as to how big our cars are in comparison.

That's what I was going to say... how different and yet how far cars have come!

Awesome pics!!

My uncle bought the 69 Shelby back in the early 70's... He paid close to 3 grand for it... The color is Jade Black... We took her out for a little rip on saturday, The ol 428 cobra jet's got some get up and go in her!!

The superchargers are cool but I still enjoy the sound of a 4 barrel opening up!!

It was on the left side too, I peeled the letters off and stretched them out... I like the look better...

There's a template available...

Where can I get more info on removing and relocating the letters?

Archived