TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adding the Navigation Electronics Package

I don't see why not. It will cost you a pretty penny to do so. You will need to get in contact with your Ford dealer and see what they can do, how much it costs, and how long the process is.

Here's a question for you Ford experts. My Shelby has the Shaker 1000 and NO ELECTRONICS PACKAGE. I REAAAAALLLY want the navigation/electronics package, so can it be done? Can it be ordered from Ford (the entire unit for the center stack) and installed? Anyone got any clue? Thanks.

Yes you can but only through a Ford dealership. It will be the Navigation with Microsoft Sync (I LOVE SYNC!!!) system, you may need a kit (available through dealership only) for the Vehicle Health Data.

OK, can someone who is either a Ford salesman or someone who is "in the know" with regard to my question please chime in? I have heard yes and no. I need to know the real deal. CAN YOU ADD THE ELECTRONICS PACKAGE/NAVIGATION SCREEN/CENTER STACK COMPLETE UNIT?!?!?!?!?!?! I REALLY WANT IT AND I'M READY TO GET IT DONE! Also, I have heard from quite a few people that you can definitely add the HID lights. Can someone who DEFINITELY KNOWS THE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS please chime in? Thanks a bunch. :doh:

If no, the 2010 would be the first model year where this isn't possible. Good luck.

Ken

if all you want is a GPS buy a portable Garmin unit,its a better GPS and you can move it between cars.Being an elec engineer,ive got to tell you first,puting in a new unit will be very expensive.Id guess at least 4k.Then, you'll have had a non-factory service guy taking out your dash, cutting and splicing wires under your dash.What do you think the odds will be something will come loose over time and nothing will work--i know its a cool piece,but IMHO i wouldnt do it.On the HIDs Ive seen several threads saying it can be done

Archived