TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADMs are dropping on ebay

crispy23c

No, it's cool.

I realize that many people on this site have paid ADM's to get this car including yourself. To them the car is worth it and that's fine. My frustration and anger is towards dishonest dealers like the one who screwed me over. If the dealer is upfront about the ADM then I have two choices, pay it or don't. I still feel that any ADM is just pure greed and don't buy the BS market explanation but that's just my opinion. I personally have never and never will pay any ADM on any vehicle.

I've voiced my opinion enough in this thread so it's a dead issue for me.

90GT,

What happened to you sux, if they commit to a price, take a deposit and then start raising the price, that is total crap. I can understand your rage.

If they are up front about the ADM though, and stick to their word, then thats just the free market at work. Im not pro ADM by any stretch, I would love to slip into a Shelby for 43K and change, but like I said before, I was too slow and too lazy to get the best bargain. :drop:

Ive not taken delivery on my car yet, we will see if they try to play games. Thus far they have been straight up with me, albeit inflexible on ADM.

As an ironic aside, my father in law an I were talking cars at the family Xmas gathering and I told him I ordered a Shelby. Hes a big (both figuratively and literally) truck guy, buys a new truck every year and lives in a podunk part of Florida. He hangs around the dealerships a lot and they all know him and hes a real likeable guy.

Anyway, he says" Shelby? Thats the one with the 500hp engine?" I nod. "Ahh yeah those are nice. A while ago the Ford dealer in town said he was getting one and wanted to know if I wanted it. I passed on it, Mustangs are too cramped for me". I say" How much was he asking, I paid 15k over sticker?" He goes "He was selling it at sticker. At least to me. I didnt know you were looking for one, I woulda ordered it for you". :cry: Basically the dealer ordered the car unsold, got the car and sold it to another dealer because noone around their wanted it or could afford it, even at sticker. :hysterical::cry::headspin::sos:

I should have thought about him and his dealer connections when I was looking but for some reason I assumed the car would be sold right away. :doh: Ahh well....

KC666

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KC,

What makes you think they will play games when you are paying a 15K ADM ? That is a nice profit locked in for the dealership. You should not have to sweat a thing with your deal. Did they cash your down payment? You should be fine if you had your deal written up and gave them a down payment and the paper work spelled out what the balance was at delivery. Here is what I had them write down to lock things in. Notice I had them sign the write in that they did. I also signed.

KC,

What makes you think they will play games when you are paying a 15K ADM ? That is a nice profit locked in for the dealership. You should not have to sweat a thing with your deal. Did they cash your down payment? You should be fine if you had your deal written up and gave them a down payment and the paper work spelled out what the balance was at delivery. Here is what I had them write down to lock things in. Notice I had them sign the write in that they did. I also signed.

You should have included in your deal something about mandatory pool pics. :headspin:

KC,

Dame>>> :hysterical2: E bay has better pricing :ohsnap:

KC,

Hey Grabber,

I dont necessarily think they will play games and yeah they cashed the check. I ordered the car with no over the tops, which is the way I wanted it. Also makes it harder for them to sell it to someone else. Most folks want the stripes, course they could put them on themselves.

As far as Ebay, I got more money than time to chase ebay cars that probably have been mauled by some pimply faced tech. I would rather deal with a local dealer. I think the deal is solid and if they try to jack me around, they will be sued, pronto. And my wife will fall in their parking lot and have back injuries that will disable her the rest of her life...MUHAHAHA. Seriously though, I have a written contract signed by them with all costs and the price for finally delivery including the ADM. Was like 58K and change. The car was 43K and change with interior upgrade, shaker 500 and no trunk tumor(sat radio).

The only thing that gave me pause is the sales manager tried to get me to pay for the car in advance after I got VIN. I thought that a bit odd, Im not giving them a 2 month interest free loan after making me pay through the nose. I told them no. I guess he figured I was bending over so lets see how far we can make him bend. Im a bent over as far now as Ill probably ever get at a car dealer...at least till the Challenger comes out !

Greed can make smart people do stupid things though, so we will see if they try to hold it hostage for more money. If there are people around willing to pay more they might try to buy it out from under me. This is my first dealings with this Ford dealer, hopefully they are men of their word and like you said, they are already making a :censored: kings ransom. I really expect it to go smoothly but if it doesnt they will be in for a world of shite.

KC666

E bay use to sell cars at the "buy now" prices listed today. Almost all the cars list never meet the reserve and have the same account bidding the car up. Interesting... the MallofGeorgia has stopped bidding cars. I have been offered cars at 10K over MSRP and have refrained from pulling the trigger. :banana piano: I am getting weaker...

As of 12/29 E bay has listed 43 Shelby's for sale. A least 4 are re-listed. The lowest bid $28,100.00. Most cars are being bid buy bogus bidders. The reserve is NEVER met. Prices must drop "supply and demand" thing. :cry:

The old shell and pea game. What shell is the pea under :hyper:

As of 12/29 E bay has listed 43 Shelby's for sale. A least 4 are re-listed. The lowest bid $28,100.00. Most cars are being bid buy bogus bidders. The reserve is NEVER met. Prices must drop "supply and demand" thing. :cry:

It would seem so but keep in mind if the buyer contacts the dealer and works out a deal over the phone they end the auction and it says reserve not met...this is exactly how I got mine and is shows as an ended auction with reserve not met.

Archived