4: $63k

5: $65k

6: $65k

November:

7: $63k

December:

8: $63k

9: $75k

I am very surprised that people would just throw money away like that. First of all, all you have to do is log on to Ebay and save 10K. Maybe these people don't have computers?? Second of all, the car is not worth it!!! Is is a Mustang. Not to bad mouth mustangs because I am a mustang fan. But, at these prices, you can get a finely engineered supercharged car like an E55, or a for a little more a M5. Like I said, I am a mustang fan but you can even begin to compare the GT500 to Merc. or BMW. The GT500 is not even close to being in the same league as those cars. Not to mention, this car has absolutely no investment possibilities at all!!!

People need to wake-up. Wait a while for the prices to come down, and take that savings and do something usefull with it like donating it to a charity or something.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transam dude: welcome to our MUSTANG site. Since your new, I will be nice. Ha ha. Gap ins. Is for folks who finance. I will be getting replacement ins. Thru Farmers for 570 for 6 months, full coverage for 5000 miles per year. In the winter months I will not be driving it so I will put he car on Fire and theft coverage to save a few bucks for a few months. If you finance thru a bank, this is not possible. They want full coverage 100 percent of the time.

I am very surprised that people would just throw money away like that. First of all, all you have to do is log on to Ebay and save 10K. Maybe these people don't have computers?? Second of all, the car is not worth it!!! Is is a Mustang. Not to bad mouth mustangs because I am a mustang fan. But, at these prices, you can get a finely engineered supercharged car like an E55, or a for a little more a M5. Like I said, I am a mustang fan but you can even begin to compare the GT500 to Merc. or BMW. The GT500 is not even close to being in the same league as those cars.

You are 100% correct. The Shelby is not in the same league as these cars. Neither of them can out accelerate, out brake or out corner the Shelby. Neither of them has anywhere near the public intrest or recognition of the Shelby and neither of them brings the pride of ownership the Shelby brings to me. The car is worth exactly what the market has determined its value to be, no more and no less. I did not like the ADM but it has proven to be far more stable than many thought so far. I would have guessed it to have dropped below 5k by now but it seems to have stablized at 12k or so for many months. Will it drop? yes but those ferin cars you mention depreciate as well and just as fast or faster.

I like the Shelby. I do not like what BMW or DCX offers at this time. If you do, fine. I will not tell you that it is not worth what you paid. It obviously was worth it to YOU.

Now run along and play nice.

You are 100% correct. The Shelby is not in the same league as these cars. Neither of them can out accelerate, out brake or out corner the Shelby. Neither of them has anywhere near the public intrest or recognition of the Shelby and neither of them brings the pride of ownership the Shelby brings to me. The car is worth exactly what the market has determined its value to be, no more and no less. I did not like the ADM but it has proven to be far more stable than many thought so far. I would have guessed it to have dropped below 5k by now but it seems to have stablized at 12k or so for many months. Will it drop? yes but those ferin cars you mention depreciate as well and just as fast or faster.

I like the Shelby. I do not like what BMW or DCX offers at this time. If you do, fine. I will not tell you that it is not worth what you paid. It obviously was worth it to YOU.

Now run along and play nice.

I think if you believe that and E55 cannot keep up with a GT500, we'll you should do some research, not to mention the quality is 10 times better, or even the Z06's whereas the ADM's have disappeard.

What your saying is that just because everyone else is paying and ADM it is a good deal? You know a couple of years ago, the Ford GT was selling for 250 to 300K. Was that a good deal?

The ADM's will disappears soon then what? Then they will start reducing the MSRP's as well, Then guess what? They will improve the design and spec. Sooner or later they'll be out dated.

The car is worth the MSRP and that's what I would be willing to pay myself. If you paid over, well, it's your money and you can do what you like with it. Enjoy your car!

I think if you believe that and E55 cannot keep up with a GT500, we'll you should do some research, not to mention the quality is 10 times better, or even the Z06's whereas the ADM's have disappeard.

What your saying is that just because everyone else is paying and ADM it is a good deal? You know a couple of years ago, the Ford GT was selling for 250 to 300K. Was that a good deal?

The ADM's will disappears soon then what? Then they will start reducing the MSRP's as well, Then guess what? They will improve the design and spec. Sooner or later they'll be out dated.

The car is worth the MSRP and that's what I would be willing to pay myself. If you paid over, well, it's your money and you can do what you like with it. Enjoy your car!

With all due respect, I think you're crazy. To even mention an E55 and Mustang (be it Shelby, Roush, or whatever) in the same sentence is asinine. The Shelby is worth more than MSRP by virtue of the fact that you can't build a better Mustang on your own for that price. People that like foo-foo cars like Merc and BMW are not the target audience for Mustangs (which is not to say that they never share the same garage). I mean, who sits there and seriously weighs whether to get a Mustang or an E55? I think the real error in your analysis is that you are applying logic to an emotional issue. If everyone bought was was the best value vs performance vs etc, we'd all be driving Honda civics. It not about making a mathematical equation balance, it's about an emotional response and desire for the car and what it stands for, how it makes you feel, etc...and everyone's price on that is going to be different.

The Shelby will never decrease in MSRP nor will rebates ever be applied to it. At best it will see a three year production run and that's not enough time for it to get stale on lots.

I'm just curious, how did you decide it was worth MSRP? Is it because that's what the sticker told you, or did you just arrive to that number on your own? If the MSRP was $50k would you automatically decide it was worth that MSRP too?

Also, I might add that with a very minor investment in mufflers, tune and pulley (total of about $1500), the Shelby will spank the dog-pee out of anything in it's price range - even with the ADM.

With all due respect, I think you're crazy. To even mention an E55 and Mustang (be it Shelby, Roush, or whatever) in the same sentence is asinine. The Shelby is worth more than MSRP by virtue of the fact that you can't build a better Mustang on your own for that price. People that like foo-foo cars like Merc and BMW are not the target audience for Mustangs (which is not to say that they never share the same garage). I mean, who sits there and seriously weighs whether to get a Mustang or an E55? I think the real error in your analysis is that you are applying logic to an emotional issue. If everyone bought was was the best value vs performance vs etc, we'd all be driving Honda civics. It not about making a mathematical equation balance, it's about an emotional response and desire for the car and what it stands for, how it makes you feel, etc...and everyone's price on that is going to be different.

The Shelby will never decrease in MSRP nor will rebates ever be applied to it. At best it will see a three year production run and that's not enough time for it to get stale on lots.

I'm just curious, how did you decide it was worth MSRP? Is it because that's what the sticker told you, or did you just arrive to that number on your own? If the MSRP was $50k would you automatically decide it was worth that MSRP too?

Also, I might add that with a very minor investment in mufflers, tune and pulley (total of about $1500), the Shelby will spank the dog-pee out of anything in it's price range - even with the ADM.

+1 Right on

Spoke to the broker who is getting two shelbys for a customer of ours with LARGE ADMs.

In talking to him I asked .. in his search for our customer and others, our the ADM's going down or up ?

See my personally thoughts on this matter and he confirmed them is this:

When everyone realizes the 08 is the last year to get this car and with Carroll Shelby not getting any younger, the ADM's should go up ... maybe even higher than what we saw this year.

Example : very good friend of mine who is GM of a Ford store in Atlanta just got a red coupe in. There are They have three men who want the car and they are just going to let them bid and the highest bidder wins. Simple. Now I know the forum has a bad taste in its mouth but if these customers are willing to pay high those high prices shame on who ? The dealer .. no.

Anyway .. the broker confirmed that yes, ADM's are going back up a notch after they fell some in the fall.

dond

Spoke to the broker who is getting two shelbys for a customer of ours with LARGE ADMs.

In talking to him I asked .. in his search for our customer and others, our the ADM's going down or up ?

When everyone realizes the 08 is the last year to get this car and with Carroll Shelby not getting any younger, the ADM's should go up ... maybe even higher than what we saw this year.

Example : very good friend of mine who is GM of a Ford store in Atlanta just got a red coupe in. There are They have three men who want the car and they are just going to let them bid and the highest bidder wins. Simple. Now I know the forum has a bad taste in its mouth but if these customers are willing to pay high those high prices shame on who ? The dealer .. no.

Anyway .. the broker confirmed that yes, ADM's are going back up a notch after they fell some in the fall.

dond

Don, I think you just made some of the guys that are sitting on the MSRP fence - Jump off.

Don, I think you just made some of the guys that are sitting on the MSRP fence - Jump off.

Rob

Nothing is certain in this world/ But my hypothesis i think is sound. And the broker has confirmed in his searchs that prices are inching back up. That said, it doesnt mean u CANT find a great deal, but can u find a great deal in the color and scheme you want ? Thats a toughy.

I do think as the 2008 year ramps up and the lists rants on how well these cars respond to mods I do believe u will see ADM's go up

dond

I am very surprised that people would just throw money away like that. First of all, all you have to do is log on to Ebay and save 10K. Maybe these people don't have computers?? Second of all, the car is not worth it!!! Is is a Mustang. Not to bad mouth mustangs because I am a mustang fan. But, at these prices, you can get a finely engineered supercharged car like an E55, or a for a little more a M5. Like I said, I am a mustang fan but you can even begin to compare the GT500 to Merc. or BMW. The GT500 is not even close to being in the same league as those cars. Not to mention, this car has absolutely no investment possibilities at all!!!

People need to wake-up. Wait a while for the prices to come down, and take that savings and do something usefull with it like donating it to a charity or something.

Go buy a Yuppie Euro car then! We don't need you here. You are just jealous. Mine is appreciating in value, and will easily be worth six figures after the anniversary package (a lot more than I have into it). Those cars lose 15,000 when you sign the papers. Not to mention 5 or 10 years from now. Have you ever tried to take a bumper cover off of or a door apart on any european car? I doubt it. They are over-engineered & over-rated. Go to their site. We don't need you here.

Sounds like a Broker who is still trying to sell 07 Shelby GT500's and perpitrate the HYPE for as long as it will last :hysterical::hysterical:

Last I heard this was a 2 yr run and a maybe on the 3rd yr. I've not heard a yes or no on yr. 3 and beyond. I said before I had one that Ford will not stop making them if the demand is there and I stand by that. I may be giving them too much credit but as a business they can't stop building the car because we want value to rise. Anyone buying a car just to see the value rise should go to Vegas as the odds are better there. If the value does rise that's a great plus but cars are for driving IMO.

As for what a broker says......Of Corse he will say the market is getting hotter. Same a s a person trying to sell one of these...I bet when that same broker is out trying to buy one he has a different story to tell, I know I would.

I will stand by the Market is 8-15K over now and 10-12 mostly. It may not go down but I suspect at some point it will unless something happens to drive the demand way up....for example Ford confirms a 2 yr run, Shelby passes, the Gov. says no more cars over 250HP but those out there now are grandfathered in, etc.

Once we get close to a real end of these cars I would expect a bump in demand....but what if they come out with a 2009 Cobra with 600HP? I don't think a lot of people will be wories about the Shelby badge on the ass of this car then and the bigger badder version will be the one with all the attention.

I'm trying to stay honest as I don't want to admit I paid 53K and a trade with 6500 in equity for a 48,500 sticker car and then see the market bottom drop out, but it could happen at any time. THe dealers selling to dealers for 10K over and such I think has slowed significantly as they are having a hard time selling them at more than the 60K range....Funny thing is drop top or hard top doesn't seem to matter. About 60K give or take a few K is what it takes....Today. The choice is cough it up now or roll the dice and hope it comes down. I determined I could get the deal i wanted and did it now as I waqnted to have it now and got tired of waiting for an MSRP deal that may never come....certainly will not for a 2007 based on the demand still out there....and yes if we all stop paying the adm they will go away, but it only takes one person to want the car at 5, 10, 15K over etc and then that's where it sells. Today that one person is still out there so there will not be an MSRP deal to be found....Not because the dealers are evil (although some are A-holes when they lie or don't stay with their word on deals - buyers are the same...how many e-bay deals fall through?) but because this is america and we sell things for what we can get...after all what determines what something is worth more than what some one will pay for it? Like an appraisal on your home...big deal if they will give you an appraisal for 1 Mil. Unless some one will buy it for that is it really worth that much? Or if they give you a 200K appraisal and someone offers you 1 Mil what's it worth? To that person 1 Mil. (by the way take the $ if this happens)

Regardless of the future of the ADM on this car and the price in 1,3,5,10,20, more yrs. I am thrilled to have one. I love it like another family member and have not had a sleepless night about the adm since I got the keys.

That being said check out the Robb Report video - they mention this as the low end top car and the only one that very well could appreciate...I hope they are right on that one.

What is E55? Is that 55% ethanol?

Well said, iceman. I too hope prices stay high, but when the 40th anniv. package is done on mine, I know I will have a car worth more than what I have into it. The 2007 is the only one that is 40 years.

Are you on the SAI list for the 40th Pkg. When is your car due ? What color ? coupe or Vert ?

Well said, iceman. I too hope prices stay high, but when the 40th anniv. package is done on mine, I know I will have a car worth more than what I have into it. The 2007 is the only one that is 40 years.

I like the 40th pkg for the most part but there are a few reasons I opted not to go with that:

1. The car for me is a toy/hobby to work on over time. I don't want a canned pkg that 1K or what ever other have and I'm aftaid to change something on for fear of messing it up.

2. The cost for that pkg to me is a bit more than I think it's worth (at least for me)

3. I see that the same options are coming avail. as parts and I will get some of them for sure but like to pick and choose

4. honestly, there are some things with it I'm not sure I do like and I don't want to buy something for this car that I may not like and can not change.....If I do a mod and decide it blows I can remove it and do over with something else. If you get this pkg you really can't take away items or it's no longer complete.

5. And most of all See #1 - the car is not an investment for me. I don't care if I have more in it than the value (don't want to, but what hor rod doesn't?). I hope this thing never leaves my family....I know one day my son will get it with the stipulation he never sells it and it stays in the family always.

6. I didn't buy this car because it is a Shelby....that's nice but it really had little to nothing to do with my desire to have it so why pay more to make it more Shelby?

Please don't take this wrong - the pkg is cool and I respect any one that wants to do that to their car and would love to see one in person...I just don't see me going out on Sat. morning with my son to drive around in something like that. I want something with a more personal touch of my own. I'll admitt though I thought about it long and hard.

Once we get close to a real end of these cars I would expect a bump in demand....but what if they come out with a 2009 Cobra with 600HP? I don't think a lot of people will be wories about the Shelby badge on the ass of this car then and the bigger badder version will be the one with all the attention.

Well if they come out with a 2009 Shelby with 600 HP, we'll have to get one of those too. Wouldn't want the collection to be incomplete!!!!!

hsurb

Go buy a Yuppie Euro car then! We don't need you here. You are just jealous. Mine is appreciating in value, and will easily be worth six figures after the anniversary package (a lot more than I have into it). Those cars lose 15,000 when you sign the papers. Not to mention 5 or 10 years from now. Have you ever tried to take a bumper cover off of or a door apart on any european car? I doubt it. They are over-engineered & over-rated. Go to their site. We don't need you here.

I say all who are interested are welcome to this forum as long as they are not abusive to others, this is America after all. Just because someone has a differing viewpoint, they're "not needed here"?

A bit closed minded and sensitive.

Hey, the Shelby is a great car, but not a perfect car.

Emotional buy, definitely. There are lot's of fun cars out there.

The part I don't understand is the statement that "(mine) will easily be worth six figures after the anniversary package."

Do you have more details on this? What exactly does the anniversary package include? Links, or threads?

Enjoy your car and be proud it. It's not the same ol' commuter car like many others have to deal with every day.

I say all who are interested are welcome to this forum as long as they are not abusive to others, this is America after all. Just because someone has a differing viewpoint, they're "not needed here"?

A bit closed minded and sensitive.

Hey, the Shelby is a great car, but not a perfect car.

Emotional buy, definitely. There are lot's of fun cars out there.

The part I don't understand is the statement that "(mine) will easily be worth six figures after the anniversary package."

Do you have more details on this? What exactly does the anniversary package include? Links, or threads?

Enjoy your car and be proud it. It's not the same ol' commuter car like many others have to deal with every day.

Go to www.shelbyautos.com.

Go to www.shelbyautos.com.

Thanks Grabber.

Just went there, and thanks for not trashing me for not knowing everything "Shelby" off the top of my head!

You seem to be one of the more "level headed" posters! Mucho appreciado!

Usually work 60-70 hour weeks, but am on vacation now and can look up new stuff.

Looks very cool! I like it, and will be even more "individual" than a regular GT500.

Still don't undertand the "6 figure" comment though. 55K apx current market price (coupe), and a $11,250 package makes a 100K+ car? Is this the "estimated market demand" price? There may be people that are willing to pay that I suppose. Again, what happens when the "GT500KR something, something" with xxxrhp and a new body style comes out in 2009/10? Or a 700hp twin-turbo Hemi Challenger, or whatever.....?

BTW, keep the Feds away please so these types of cars keep coming!!!

Oh well the debate continues.

One more example - and I'm trying to tread very lightly here - remember when the Ferrari F40 came out? One bloke in town (I think the first guy in America actually) paid somewhere over $900K for one. Many of them sold at this price point. Then a year or so later they were down to 200-250K (now about 300-350K). The high price paid was originally for the "first on the block syndrome", but also because it was the last car "Enzo" was involved with.

Looks very cool! I like it, and will be even more "individual" than a regular GT500.

John,

The cool thing is that you can also pick and choose what you want if the full Pkg is not what you want or with in the budget that one has. The Dash plate with the Vin# for example is a very nice touch.

I am buying the car to drive for pleasure, and lots of it. If it holds it's value, great. If not, oh well. I will be keeping this car for many moons and then one of my kids will get it.

What field are you in that demands 60 - 70 hours per week ? Enjoy your time off.

oh it's down to 10 now? :spiteful:

iceman you are only 50 miles from me. I'm in Columbus....Indiana.

If we get some more of that nice weather I'll come down there and let you take mine for a little spin....that will really set off your PSDS. I can not imagine driving one then not having it. I let my neighbor drive mine the day I got it back and now I can't leave the garage with out him.

John,

The cool thing is that you can also pick and choose what you want if the full Pkg is not what you want or with in the budget that one has. The Dash plate with the Vin# for example is a very nice touch.

I am buying the car to drive for pleasure, and lots of it. If it holds it's value, great. If not, oh well. I will be keeping this car for many moons and then one of my kids will get it.

That IMO is the right attitude. Betting on a car to not deprciate is a fools bet....but sometimes the fool gets one right. If this is the case good for me but I didn't buy it for that so I won't be the fool....for that reason at least :)

My wife will give you plenty of other reasons why I am I'm sure but she said yes so she's stuck with me!!

Thanks Grabber.

You seem to be one of the more "level headed" posters! Mucho appreciado!

:hysterical2::hysterical::redcard::hysterical:

If we get some more of that nice weather I'll come down there and let you take mine for a little spin....that will really set off your PSDS. I can not imagine driving one then not having it. I let my neighbor drive mine the day I got it back and now I can't leave the garage with out him.

That IMO is the right attitude. Betting on a car to not depreciate is a fools bet....but sometimes the fool gets one right. If this is the case good for me but I didn't buy it for that so I won't be the fool....for that reason at least :)

My wife will give you plenty of other reasons why I am I'm sure but she said yes so she's stuck with me!!

OH my, don't tease me like that. I'll be in Greenwood next week sometime returning Christmas gifts...we'll see how the weather is and maybe we can meet half way.

Dave

:hysterical2::hysterical::redcard::hysterical:

OH my, don't tease me like that. I'll be in Greenwood next week sometime returning Christmas gifts...we'll see how the weather is and maybe we can meet half way.

Dave

I think Sunday we have some decent weather coming. I'll be off on Tuesday but am taking the 2.5 yr old to the auto show so that day may be out. I'll PM you my cel number and when you get up this way just let me know....but I can make it from 465 to Columbus pretty damn quick these days :)

It really will help you in many ways too - handing over a check that large for something you never have driven is a crazy feeling. I put a lot of faith in what I had expected andhonestly...........I wasn't even close. You can not imagine the feeling of this thing, the attention, the pride.

I'll have my VMP tune in probably before this week end but we can flash back so you can see stock then turn on the tune and see the difference. I've got no problem letting people that know what they are driving taking it for a spin, it's actually fun to see their reaction because the car has a lot more than you do starting out, meaning you will lose nerve before it even thinks of losing power or slowing down.

I hate it when people say 2 things in one breath.

Have you been thru our orientation.

After 10 posts, please see Dave.

:baby:

Boy, you guys missed my whole point, I am not surprised you guys think the way you do. I didn't say anything negative about the GT500. As I mentioned, I will really consider one when it hits MSRP. You will see very soon what I was taking about.

Archived