TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADMs are dropping on ebay

crispy23c

when the ADM's are gone...the cars are likely to be gone too. The next anniversary Shelby will be the 50th. Remember guys, the 40th anniversary car run will be over in a few months.

Do you believe that the GT500 will be different than say the GT (supercar, not mustang) because it is a more "everyman's" car?

The ADM's were gone on these limited production beauties before the cars were gone. Many, many available at or below MSRP near the end of the run.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you believe that the GT500 will be different than say the GT (supercar, not mustang) because it is a more "everyman's" car?

The ADM's were gone on these limited production beauties before the cars were gone. Many, many available at or below MSRP near the end of the run.

IMO the GT super car is in a higher buyers market than the GT500. Look at the price difference.

when the ADM's are gone...the cars are likely to be gone too. The next anniversary Shelby will be the 50th. Remember guys, the 40th anniversary car run will be over in a few months.

These are not 40th anniv cars. The only way to get that is to send it to Shelby and pay the extra 11 grand. The fact that it is made 40 years later than the first won't make it any more valuable than the 41 year cars.

If you are planning to send it to Shelby, that likely will increase its value. I'm bettin' Shelby will offer a similar package next year, too.

I don't know if the ADM will go away or not. If they announce a 3rd yr I think there is a good chance it will eventually....I also think there is a good chance they will do a 3rd yr if the demand remains. How does Ford not make another yr of a high demand product in their current state?

If Shelby some how had the right to say 9K for 2 yrs I expect Ford could ask nicely and he'd be more than happy to take a check for a few hundred K to extend/increase that number. Is the Shelby GT500 a limited production car? - Yes. But what is that limit? 18K or 180K? The Tarus is a limited production car too just a much different limit.

I thought for a while my opinion changed because I bought my car but now I realize I'm just a bit selfish and don't care how many they make. I would like everyone that wants one to get one but if they call it done then so be it. I got mine :) I know I'm an ass to say that but I'm not wishing lower numbers or that others don't get one. I am just pleased/proud/happy I got mine. I paid an ADM which makes me sick but you know what....I got the deal I could live with. I passed on a number that were less than 5K away from what I wanted....infact two that were less than 2500 away from what i wanted....one at 1K away. I looked hard and stuck to my line in the sand of 10K over out the door. I ended up right there (about 8150 adm pre tax) and got the color I wanted and the trade $ in I wanted and the deal I wanted....would I like to have paid X-plan or MSRP? Hell yes. Did I see that happening soon? No. I decided the peace of mind of getting it for me was worth it. I pulled the trigger and after driving it I'm glad I did. This was a few firsts for me:

1. First car at or over MSRP

2. First car with anything near this amount of power

3. First car I ever bought with out driving first

4. First car I had to shop online to find in stock not sold

5. First car I had to travel out of state to get

6. First car I'll never sell or trade

7. First car I'll want my family to keep forever

8. First car that I ever paid over 40K for

9. First new car (Second car) worth the money (first was a 1971 Mach 1 Mustang for 500 bucks used from my auto shop teacher in HS)

10. First car that has ever gotten more attention than my Harley

I wouldn't be too shocked if the ADM drops and the MSRP jumps quite a bit in 2008. I also suspect more options as we are already seeing nav system etc. I'm good with what I have in the 2007 and can not stress enough if you really want this car and have the means to get it....get it and you woun't be sorry. It's a beast and a great time to drive in every way.....Still it is a car and it is a lot of money so at the risk of sounding like a financial advisor or parent keep in mind a car as a rule is a poor investment if you are looking for a financial return on your $. Buy it to drive it! It's easy to get an extra 10K worth out of this car!

These are not 40th anniv cars. The only way to get that is to send it to Shelby and pay the extra 11 grand. The fact that it is made 40 years later than the first won't make it any more valuable than the 41 year cars.

If you are planning to send it to Shelby, that likely will increase its value. I'm bettin' Shelby will offer a similar package next year, too.

BULLSHIT, they are all 40th anniversary cars. The SAI Pkg is a SE treatment to embelish it a little more.

These are some good thoughts re: buying practices, and Dave makes some valid points too, but without any exageration, the prices are consistently 15-20 cents more per gallon not 5-10 (that I might understand re: personal preferrences). I forgot to mention that the cheaper one does have a car wash too! If i didn't say it correctly, i'll say it right this time, the more expensive one does seem to have a bit less business, but the point is that it should have no business at all! If there is a longer line at the cheaper, wouldn't you be willing to wait some (not forever) to pay at least 15 cents less per gallon? It would take quite a lot (free massages and beer?) to make me go pay 15-20 cents more per gallon.

[b]Regarding buying gas at CITGO and funding Venezuela...I agree with you that Chavez is a very very bad man. And there is evidence that he's in bed with folks actively hostile to the US. Having said that, whether individuals buy at CITGO or not will have virtually no impact on his revenue stream. By the way, 7-11 is dropping CITGO because of its Venezuelan ownership. But that won't have a meaningful impact on CITGO.[/b]

KC666 makes good points too re: the Saudi's, people think of them as our friends?! They definitely had a hand in the 911 attacks. Don't like them either! But Chavez does oversee the goverenment controlled CITGO corp versus say the Cheverons of the world that at least do some of their exploration in America, and pay American employees.

And as for him not being involved with terrorist activities, honestly I don't have the time to go research where I got the info, but factually, it was pretty recently where he was calling our President "The Devil", and having fun time meetings with Iran's leader. Iran has been known to do a few terrorist things, and they have that "funny" belief that the halocaust never happened!

They are all a Bunch of Criminals, look what our oil companys do (Exon/Mobil). When Katrina hit they all Raised the price of Gas .50+ a gallon in one week and blamed it on Katrina then took our Tax Dollars to repair the Damage, Then shortly after they rcorded RECORD PROFITS for those of you that dont know that means The most money any company has ever made in the History off the United States, 10 Billion Dollars in 3 months is what Exon/mobil recorded in Profits in that quater. I am all for making a Buck, but hey lets not throw the working class in front of the Bus to make that kind of Money. To me that is Crminal activity. Then to top it off our Dip S :censored: President comes on the 6:00 0clock News and says I dont think there's any thing wrong with what the oil Companys are doing. Hmmm I wonder why he would say that.This rellay boils my Blood I better jump into my GT 500 and go for a drive.

John351, I know it sounds like I'm bashing on you. I'm not, it's just that I can't resist engaging in these economic topics. I agree with the essence of your argument: ADMs exist because customers are willing to pay them...not because dealers have some significant level of pricing power. And that's exactly why ADMs will come down over time. Who knows how far, but it is clear they've already come off from their peak and will likely continue lower.

[/b][[/b]ADM's are coming down - the theme of this thread, and will continue to do so. I just want something fun to drive to work everyday, and as my 16yo daughter will need a car soon, so the family can do a shuffle to where Dad gets the new car! :happy feet: My Pantera stays pretty much in the garage for insurance and unsuitabilty for daily driving reasons. I'll wait it out and get some sort of H. P. Mustang - Shelby GT, GT500, or Boss, or ?? If the prices don't come down - don't shoot me - I might have to consider a new Z51 Vette.

Can't believe I said that last one, but 47K for a decked out Z51, or currently 55K for a GT500. I'll wait, as I'm a Ford/Shelby guy.

And everyone's comments are worthwhile to me, and I enjoy the discussion, so no I don't feel (yet) like i'm getting bashed.

IMO the GT super car is in a higher buyers market than the GT500. Look at the price difference.

I tend to agree with you on that, but how about the limited # of GT's produced (don't remember how many, but significantly less than the gt500's?)

Z06 vettes were "only" 65K cars (in 06), and now they can be found @ MSRP, so they are kinda like "everyman' cars, no?

Just a discussion point Grabber and others.

I tend to agree with you on that, but how about the limited # of GT's produced (don't remember how many, but significantly less than the gt500's?)

Z06 vettes were "only" 65K cars (in 06), and now they can be found @ MSRP, so they are kinda like "everyman' cars, no?

I agree but the ADM was for the have it now price. The question becomes how much of a limited production? if it is infact say 18,400 over 2 yrs....I bet at 18K if the demand is still there ADM will be up again. If they come out and say limited to what ever we can sell then it will drop pretty damn fast I would think.

The most I've heard is a 3 yr run (outside of building one for everyone that wants one, which is a statement i think that was made before the demand was known....and wanting one is different than affording and wanting one). It would help a lot to know how many were made so far but think if the ADM is dropping now and we find out we are only 20% in then it will go away at least for time. If we find out we are 75% done it will look like a reverse bell curve and shoot back up due to the demand and the fact that they won't be around.

In reality - we probably IMO will not see no ADM but I think we will see a much lower ADM when it's all said and done. That could change in a hurry with the Comaro and Challenger coming out and what ever else (Cougar, Stingray, Cuda, etc)...not to mention if a KR comes out with 600HP and a handling pack stock I suppose those of us with the regular GT500 will be playing 2nd fiddle all of a sudden and the ADM will shift from one to the other slightly.

It's really impossible to say with out all of the info - I believe the ADM will drop to close to nothing over 2008 and they will do a 3rd yr of these cars and that will be when we see no ADM.....I paid to play now, no regrets.

Yeah, I mostly agree with you.

At the end of the day, the question is where will ADM go from here? It appears plain that it's not going up...I think it peaked back in August or so when the hype was at its peak. Many dealers were getting $30 or $35k over MSRP...that obviously isn't happening now. Short of production snafus that limit supply or an issue with CS that suddenly increases demand, there's no forseeable catalyst to push market value above where it currently stands. However, there are forseeable catalysts to push prices down and, IMHO, that is the direction prices will move.

No one knows whether this car will see market value at MSRP. Six months ago, I thought we'd see MSRP deals by late spring. But, it's looking unlikely that we'll see them for the 2007 model year. And it could be Rob is right...that the 40th anniversary car commands a premium simply because it's the 40th anniversary. That may be true today...but i doubt it will be true years from now. Of course, I think anyone that buys this car for what it will be worth years from now is chasing windmills.

Guys the ADM's are a fact of life for this car unless the supply catchs up to the demand. Carrol signed a deal with Ford. There is no inlination that he is goint to alter the 2 year deal. Instead IMO SAI will move on to another car. It will be awesome and that to will command an ADM.

I think SAI is looking for ways to increase revenue without hurting its brand. Another year of GT500 will do that...or it'll be a GT500KR or GT600 or whatever. But we'll see more Shelby-badged Mustangs...

We'll also see some pretty hot pieces from DC and GM. So, supply will, at some point, catch up to demand. But who knows when...

For now, ADM is the word of the day.

I think SAI is looking for ways to increase revenue without hurting its brand. Another year of GT500 will do that...or it'll be a GT500KR or GT600 or whatever. But we'll see more Shelby-badged Mustangs...

We'll also see some pretty hot pieces from DC and GM. So, supply will, at some point, catch up to demand. But who knows when...

My point exactly. +1.

BULLSHIT, they are all 40th anniversary cars. The SAI Pkg is a SE treatment to embelish it a little more.

Nice answer.

Where does it say 40th edition on the car or the paperwork?

Does that mean that this years Mustang GTs are 42nd anniversary cars?

A car was driving down the street when all of a sudden it started swerving. The car was going back and forth till someone with a cell phone called the police. A police officer pulled the car over. A blonde rolls down the window and says, " Officer, I'm so glad you are here. I saw a tree in the road, then I saw another. So I had to swerve to keep from hitting it!" The officer looks at her, then says, "Ma'am, that's your air freshener."

Noe this blond goes in the Ford dealer and ask "Wow, how much is a Shelby"

Noe this blond goes in the Ford dealer and ask "Wow, how much is a Shelby"

Is it the blond in your picture?!

Can anybody answer me this (and if I wasn't gray haired, I'd be blond), why is only the 2008 a "40th" anniversary car? Why isn't a 2007 GT500 a 40th anniversary of the 67 GT500?

Is it that the body style looks more like a '68?

Weird.

Okay, flame me out!

Nice answer.

Where does it say 40th edition on the car or the paperwork?

Does that mean that this years Mustang GTs are 42nd anniversary cars?

Are you still sore you could'nt swing a 2007 MSRP deal? Do the math for the 40 years. I do not want to argue about this. Let's just agree to disagree...again.

I agree SA has come into a nice spot they are getting a prime time deal with Ford. The Shelby name carries alot of weight as we now see with the ADM situation. It makes sense to continue giving people what they are seeking.

When Dodge and Chevy hit the street with something Ford better hope people still are pumped about the Gt500 if not they and the dealers might regret some of whats taken place. People may just say forget it I'll move to something else that would hurt Fords mustang sales overall which is a bright spot in a pretty dark picture right now.

very true

Farmers Quoted me 570 every 6 months for full coverage ins. I thought this was a great deal. I was shocked.

Im at 1250 per year + 225 per year [1475 py ] full replacement up to 65k at this time and will go up after the 40th is added.Im in MA and ins is not cheep here [bullshit clames] u know oooooooooo my back/neck but 20k should fix that up!!!!!!!! thanks people :censored::baby:

Today we just sold our 9th GT500. Prices have been as follows:

August:

1: $75k

2: $75k

September:

3: $69k

4: $63k

5: $65k

6: $65k

November:

7: $63k

December:

8: $63k

9: $75k

The numbers don't lie. Imagine that!!!

Im at 1250 per year + 225 per year [1475 py ] full replacement up to 65k at this time and will go up after the 40th is added.Im in MA and ins is not cheep here [bullshit clames] u know oooooooooo my back/neck but 20k should fix that up!!!!!!!! thanks people :censored::baby:

Why the extra 225 for 'full relpacement value"? Is that what you are calling Gap Insurance? I thought gap insurance was for when you financed the car for more than its value.

I paid some ADM but not 20k but only financed 30k. Regular auto insurance covers for "Actual cash value at time of loss" which is pretty close to KBB at the time. So at this time, if the car was stolen State Farm would write me a check for far more than I paid for the car as it has appreciated in value. No extra insurance needed.

Now, if I had paid 20k over like many here in Houston and financed 100%, gap insurance might be a good idea as the actual value of the used car is less than what would be owed if a total loss. It all depends on what you have financed and the cars value relative to that balance. Gap insurance has little to do with ADMs.

Today we just sold our 9th GT500.

Wow, 9 here in Houston from one dealer. I assume most were to local customers? Houston is going to have more than its share of these cars running around. Funny, I've still only seen one other than mine.

Archived