TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADMs are dropping on ebay

crispy23c

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone in the Washington DC area is looking for a White/Blue coupe, Crystal Ford has one sitting with no takers as of last night. 63K....

That is a 20K ADM. Iwonder what they would take ? did you ask ?

What the latest on E-bay. Reserves are not met. Whats the real price for this car as of today?

We just had a customer who bought a GT500. His words, "I would have paid anything." Without getting in to what he paid (nobody's business but his own), this is what you're up against - not dealers wanting too much, but rather other buyers willing to pay what ever it takes to get one. That is truely the bottom line.

The car continues to be rare. Even if they produce 9000 units (doubtful), that still falls well short of actual demand.

Typically, actual sale prices are around $60-$65k whether for a coupe or convertible. That seems to be the price to own a "Shelby" regardless of the roof type.

We just had a customer who bought a GT500. His words, "I would have paid anything." Without getting in to what he paid (nobody's business but his own), this is what you're up against - not dealers wanting too much, but rather other buyers willing to pay what ever it takes to get one. That is truely the bottom line.

The car continues to be rare. Even if they produce 9000 units (doubtful), that still falls well short of actual demand.

Typically, actual sale prices are around $60-$65k whether for a coupe or convertible. That seems to be the price to own a "Shelby" regardless of the roof type.

:lurk:

Here we go again.

IMO Rat is right.

:baby:

I still get at least one person a week coming in looking for a GT500 with this same mindset: "I'll pay anything, but I want one now." Too bad we locked in at $10K over MSRP a year ago for all 5 of our 2007's. It will be really interesting to see how the 2008's play out.

I hate to say it because I really thought these would drop off (and may still) but I agree with you. 10K over is about the best deal out there right now that I've seen and that is 10K before taxes. I'm trying to get out the door for about 10K over and have come close a few times but not yet found a car in my garage.....and I was holding out for MSRP a few months ago. I am not to the pay anything stage yet but would have paid the 11-12K over out the door for one I was working on locally if I had it to do over again.

It's really irritating to be willing to pay 10K over MSRP for a car and have a hard time finding one.....and right now our usual snow covered roads in IN are no place to be found which is making me regret passing it up even more......Maybe when Dodge and Chevy get options out there will be lower ADM.....Any thought as to why the roof type evens out? Is it just a cost thing or is the hard top driven up by demand for the tiny bit better numbers?

I hate to say it because I really thought these would drop off (and may still) but I agree with you. 10K over is about the best deal out there right now that I've seen and that is 10K before taxes. I'm trying to get out the door for about 10K over and have come close a few times but not yet found a car in my garage.....and I was holding out for MSRP a few months ago. I am not to the pay anything stage yet but would have paid the 11-12K over out the door for one I was working on locally if I had it to do over again.

It's really irritating to be willing to pay 10K over MSRP for a car and have a hard time finding one.....and right now our usual snow covered roads in IN are no place to be found which is making me regret passing it up even more......Maybe when Dodge and Chevy get options out there will be lower ADM.....Any thought as to why the roof type evens out? Is it just a cost thing or is the hard top driven up by demand for the tiny bit better numbers?

It's supply and demand baby.

:idea:

I don't know about anybody else, but in a performance car that I expect to drive kinda hard, I prefer the feel of a coupe over a convertible. I have never driven a convertible that didn't feel "choppy". That being said, I have read that the new Mustang Convertible is stiffer than in the past, so maybe it's not as pronounced. The other thing is, I really don't enjoy driving convertibles on the highway, and that is where I intend to do most of my GT500 driving. Besides, I'm follically challenged, and the sun burns the hell outta my little bean!

ADM,S.......I had my Dealer tell me and I quote " The car is yours for 10K over" so I sent the rest of the deposit, the check WAS CASHED. This was in Feb 06 and in May I get a call saying he,s not sure if he'll get the the 2nd Shelby( BS).

So he can get me a Shelby for SURE BUT he"ll need additional 5K. I said NO the letter I sent stated this was the LAST of the deposit and when is my car coming? He calls a month later and says do you still want the car? I said you kidding...I want the car the agreed price of 10K, so we ended up settling at 12,5K over MSRP. I,am still pissed BUT it was down to me getting the car or not. I NO NOT like doing business like this but beware of any and all Dealers!! Besides it was to late in the game for me to get on another waiting list so the Dealer KNOWS he has you over a barrel!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish Ford knew what some of these Dealers are doing to the public and you wonder why they may be in trouble? Hey Ford that light you see may be a TRAIN>>>>>>>>>>> BRay

post-3364-1166213790_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1166213790_thumb.jpg

I was just at Galpin Ford. They have 2 GT500's in the show room. A Grabber Orange with White stripes and a Torch Red with white stripes. The red one is serial #31. I checked it....it's legite. They want $75k. But, he also said make an offer. The sales guy was very knowledgeable about the product and courteous. I was shocked actually that he had some knowledge on this car. He also said they already sold 20 Pernelli Jones Mustangs. They have a 400hp or 425hp normally aspirated engine with some really great suspension tweaks I'm sure we'd all wish the GT500 had.

Galpin (World's #1 Ford Dealership) is getting 65 GT500 allocation per production year. Compare that to your local dealer that maybe will be getting 2.

That's it...just wanted to share.

I was just at Galpin Ford. They have 2 GT500's in the show room. A Grabber Orange with White stripes and a Torch Red with white stripes. The red one is serial #31. I checked it....it's legite. They want $75k. But, he also said make an offer. The sales guy was very knowledgeable about the product and courteous. I was shocked actually that he had some knowledge on this car. He also said they already sold 20 Pernelli Jones Mustangs. They have a 400hp or 425hp normally aspirated engine with some really great suspension tweaks I'm sure we'd all wish the GT500 had.

Galpin (World's #1 Ford Dealership) is getting 65 GT500 allocation per production year. Compare that to your local dealer that maybe will be getting 2.

When you say serial #31, what do you mean? Do you mean the last two digits are "31"? That doesn't mean it's the 31st car made FYI.

Dave

How much was the GO GT500 ???

I feel your pain Iceman, found myself in the same boat :cry: . I wasnt going to pay more than 10k but in a stare down with the dealer I eventually blinked and gave them their 15k ADM :censored: . It was either that or the very high probability of no GT500 till 08..maybe never for 10k ADM. Around here in my part of Florida, 15k seems to be the low side unless you are a power lease guy, have a dealer friend or really got in early before the dealers figured out what they had. There is also the rare scruplulous small town dealer(yep they are out there) but the bigger dealers are swallowing a lot of the small town cars. :doh:

ANyway, got full VIN in November and build date First week in Jan 07 :hyper: . And I dont regret it lol. I Want this car like I want to breath, eat and f**k and so what the hell. :rockon: I'm glad I have the money to buy it. I feel for the guys who are struggling to aford it...I see prices dropping off in 08 but its hard to tell what will happen. More Shelbys being made with the GTs should help. When CHrysler and GM join the party, Shelbys should come down to MSRP, if they keep making them. When the competitition comes with their muscle, then you will probably see ford come with a king sh1T GT500KR Shelby to rule them all.

:bowdown:

Till then, they are only competing with themselves, no reason to get bigger and badder. Just my 2 centavos.

KC666

I feel your pain Iceman, found myself in the same boat :cry: . I wasnt going to pay more than 10k but in a stare down with the dealer I eventually blinked and gave them their 15k ADM :censored: . It was either that or the very high probability of no GT500 till 08..maybe never for 10k ADM. Around here in my part of Florida, 15k seems to be the low side unless you are a power lease guy, have a dealer friend or really got in early before the dealers figured out what they had. There is also the rare scruplulous small town dealer(yep they are out there) but the bigger dealers are swallowing a lot of the small town cars. :doh:

ANyway, got full VIN in November and build date First week in Jan 07 :hyper: . And I dont regret it lol. I Want this car like I want to breath, eat and f**k and so what the hell. :rockon: I'm glad I have the money to buy it. I feel for the guys who are struggling to aford it...I see prices dropping off in 08 but its hard to tell what will happen. More Shelbys being made with the GTs should help. When CHrysler and GM join the party, Shelbys should come down to MSRP, if they keep making them. When the competitition comes with their muscle, then you will probably see ford come with a king sh1T GT500KR Shelby to rule them all.

Till then, they are only competing with themselves, no reason to get bigger and badder. Just my 2 centavos.

KC666

Kc .... have had mine since 12/08 ... and u wont regret ... most expensive car I have ever bought ... and dont regret ...

800 miles and counting

dond

Kc .... have had mine since 12/08 ... and u wont regret ... most expensive car I have ever bought ... and dont regret ...

800 miles and counting

dond

Congrats on getting your ride! Im sure looking forward to it, ADMs be damned. This is the most expensive car for me as well. In 1994 I bought a Toyota Supra Turbo (MKIV) for 41 k out the door. I near crapped myself at the prospect of 41k for a car :drop: But, man, I wanted it bad. I still have it, Ill probably never sell it. Best 41k I ever spent. :happy feet:

I feel the same way about the Shelby except even more. There is nothing like American muscle. Its a must have car for me. And I havent bought a performance vehicle since 94, so I figure Im due. :yup::violin:

Now, I need to get my PSDS meds... :redcard:

KC666

OK - I have some facts here since I just bought mine this week end. I have another post in the arrivals folder if you want to take a look.....I consider myself to have paid a 10K adm but when I look at the paper it's not quite that high. The sticker was 48,590 (vert, upgade int., sat. radio which I didn't even want). I have selling price of 56,749.53 tax of 2474.97BS fees etc of 275.50 for a total delivery price of 59,500 out the door. I traded in a 2005 vert v6 which I owed about 8800 on and they gave me 6500 of credit according to this paper from the dealer. so I gave them a check for 53K.

Based on the selling price of 56,749.53 I paid an ADM of $8159.53. Was it worth it? For me, yes. I wanted it and wanted it now and grew tired of waiting. I had said I would go to 5K over and then worked out the deal I felt comfortable with and started calling the dealers listing things on e-bay around my area in the right color and that were new. I was pretty clear I wanted this color (blk w/tung. stripe, black interior, and must be a vert). I live in Indy, IN so I called all over the midwest and said here's what I can hand over via cash and here's my trade. I called about 4-5 and was close then on this one they guy had me e-mail some pics I had showing the trade from all angles and the roof & interior etc. He ran it by the manager and they asked when I could come pick it up and what I wanted done. I told them Sat. and just wipe of the finger prints - leave all the plastic etc. There were not even holes drilled for the plate when i got it.

The thing to keep in mind (at least for me) is that the ADM is not the out the door cost usually. Saying 10K adm is before tax, fees etc. I approached them with what I needed out the door. They worked it out and I didn't care about the value on my trade. It was part of the package and it worked for me but if you break it down to nothing more than ADM it was in fact just under 8160. I would say that shows a little bit of a trend (or at least an example) of the ADM coming down a bit. Some areas and some dealers are not willing to budge yet but I found if you have the info ready and say here is what I can do and let them know it's this or you keep looking they seem take it as a real interest and treat it as such. Not one dealer that I called and sent pics in e-mail to didn't at least come close. I passed on 2-3 that were not more than 1500-3K apart on the over all deal. In the end - I got what I wanted for the price I could live with and only 7.9 miles on the car and all the plastic etc.

My advice - if you can afford one and want one buy it. The car is unreal. Stock with no mods when that charger comes alive it's awsome. Mine came on at 15.9 miles as I was on 275 coming arounc Cinci to drive hime. Oh, I bought from Mike Castrucci Ford in Milford, OH. I found them to live up to their word and be very easy to work with. All I had to do was drive down in my V6 and pick up the beast. I was in and out and still have a smile.

KC666

Congrats on your order KC666. My build is right after yours. I too am paying the 15K ADM. We will have to see who gets their car 1st. Forget the ADM now that its over and done with...I did. Grabber (PMFWB)

I don't think the ADM will Subside before the Production ends on the GT500. My understanding is a 2 year production and 9200 units each year(Total 18,400). My Reasoning is the price fully loaded which is $45K. The C6 Z06 when it came out was $72K fully loaded and it brought a huge mark-up for a little over year and has finally come down to MSRP in alot of places. The Ford GT(40) was the same way it was $155K fully loaded in 05 and brought huge Mark-ups until after about a year of production. The GT500 is priced much lower to start with and even with a big ADM is still considerably less than a Z06. There is a huge demand for a new Shelby after 40 years. I think the entire GT500 production will bring over MSRP just for this reason. I hope I am wrong.

I don't think the ADM will Subside before the Production ends on the GT500. My understanding is a 2 year production and 9200 units each year(Total 18,400). My Reasoning is the price fully loaded which is $45K. The C6 Z06 when it came out was $72K fully loaded and it brought a huge mark-up for a little over year and has finally come down to MSRP in alot of places. The Ford GT(40) was the same way it was $155K fully loaded in 05 and brought huge Mark-ups until after about a year of production. The GT500 is priced much lower to start with and even with a big ADM is still considerably less than a Z06. There is a huge demand for a new Shelby after 40 years. I think the entire GT500 production will bring over MSRP just for this reason. I hope I am wrong.

Snake, I think another factor that has made the demand for this car strong is the fact that the baby boomers are ripe for the car. This car brings some of us back to our youth, but now we can afford one.

The Ford dealer near me is the best. I have purchased a few trucks from this dealer. He has sold one Shelby for less than MSRP and promised me the next one is mine. YES AT BELOW MSRP. This is a very reputable honest dealer. I lets you guys know how i make out.

The Ford dealer near me is the best. I have purchased a few trucks from this dealer. He has sold one Shelby for less than MSRP and promised me the next one is mine. YES AT BELOW MSRP. This is a very reputable honest dealer. I lets you guys know how i make out.

Just because a dealer has an ADM does not mean that they are not honest and reputable. I hope it works out for you.

Must be a new Ford dealer .

Archived