TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADMs are dropping on ebay

crispy23c

Hey, here are the first 2 GT500s I have seen on ebay with a $10k adm for the "Buy it now" price-- one hardtop:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-SHELBY...1QQcmdZViewItem

One 'vert:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Note: it's 2 different dealers, One in Ark, the other in Kentucky. I'll bet you could negotiate a better deal on the phone.

MSRP days will come...one day. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: The deals are at least getting better! :happy feet:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(posting at the risk of getting e-beat up) :hysterical:

Glad to see it Crispy. You and I have a long history together. We have watched this car go from concept to production only to have our deals taken away from us. Your day is coming. Soon, hopefully. Good luck, man.

MSRP days will come...one day. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: The deals are at least getting better! :happy feet:

That's what I've been saying too! At least it is a less "hyper" market, as I mentioned on the other thread I started about a black coupe sitting on the lot for at least a week now - when in the past the cars were gone in 24 hours w/big ADM's.

Patience, my friends, will pay off for all of us! :hyper:

That's what I've been saying too! At least it is a less "hyper" market, as I mentioned on the other thread I started about a black coupe sitting on the lot for at least a week now - when in the past the cars were gone in 24 hours w/big ADM's.

Patience, my friends, will pay off for all of us! :hyper:

As I said earlier, a week is nothing. These dealers can afford to let these cars set for 2 months before they have to even think about sweating it. What is the longest you have seen one set ?

As I said earlier, a week is nothing. These dealers can afford to let these cars set for 2 months before they have to even think about sweating it. What is the longest you have seen one set ?

We're not saying the ADMs are going to be gone tomorrow. The trend, however, is that they are disappearing. There are a finite number of buyers at each level. The 30s, 25s, 20s, 17.5s, etc. are all gone. The 10-15 range is buying now and trending toward the 10 side of it. If buyers stop bidding at 10, the sellers will lower their reserves to 10 eventually. Once all the 10s are gone, you will see the same thing as it drops to 7.5 and so on. We don't know when that will happen, but, are encouraged to see it trending down.

We're not saying the ADMs are going to be gone tomorrow. The trend, however, is that they are disappearing. There are a finite number of buyers at each level. The 30s, 25s, 20s, 17.5s, etc. are all gone. The 10-15 range is buying now and trending toward the 10 side of it. If buyers stop bidding at 10, the sellers will lower their reserves to 10 eventually. Once all the 10s are gone, you will see the same thing as it drops to 7.5 and so on. We don't know when that will happen, but, are encouraged to see it trending down.

10-4 to you 5.4!

I haven't seen one on the lot for too long and haven't checked to see if this one - or the other one in town sitting on the lot - is still there on Monday after a weekend of traffic.

Don't think the dealer isn't noticing the trend too? They could be thinking "right now ADM's are at 10-15K, but next week or month they might be around 5-10K" - so let's sell it now! Greed can be a terrible thing in hindsite!

And if it's a "traffic" item then why are they calling me (checked the messages it's actually four times!)

when I've told them I'm only an MSRP buyer, way, way down on their list.

Or course, there's the chance that the dude with more cash than brains (that we all hope for when we sell something) shows up.

I absolutely remember Ford GT buyer's being turned down @230K, and a friend just paid 167K for his (inherited a bunch of cash from father passing).

We'll see. I would be willing to bet that they WON'T GO UP IN PRICE! Carrol's health not withstanding - don't even like to talk about that! What a great guy he is to be so open and involved with the hobby.

Just my thoughts.

Another question. Can anybody actually order one exactly the way they want it? I like to stripe delete and some other things on the regular menu that I've never seen on a car for sale.

10-4 to you 5.4!

I haven't seen one on the lot for too long and haven't checked to see if this one - or the other one in town sitting on the lot - is still there on Monday after a weekend of traffic.

Don't think the dealer isn't noticing the trend too? They could be thinking "right now ADM's are at 10-15K, but next week or month they might be around 5-10K" - so let's sell it now! Greed can be a terrible thing in hindsite!

And if it's a "traffic" item then why are they calling me (checked the messages it's actually four times!)

Or course, there's the chance that the dude with more cash than brains (that we all hope for when we sell something) shows up.

I absolutely remember Ford GT buyer's being turned down @230K, and a friend just paid 167K for his (inherited a bunch of cash from father passing).

We'll see. I would be willing to bet that they WON'T GO UP IN PRICE! Carrol's health not withstanding - don't even like to talk about that! What a great guy he is to be so open and involved with the hobby.

Just my thoughts.

Another question. Can anybody actually order one exactly the way they want it? I like to stripe delete and some other things on the regular menu that I've never seen on a car for sale.

The reason you are getting calls is because most dealers have too many sales people with nothing to do. If they make a sale, they get $$$$.

I wish people would not talk about Carrols health. It is Rude IMO. Not bashing you my friend.

I ordered mine, just the way I want it, and I can change my mind on stuff right up untill it is scheduled. You can do the same, but it will cost you ADM.

Don't think the dealer isn't noticing the trend too? They could be thinking "right now ADM's are at 10-15K, but next week or month they might be around 5-10K" - so let's sell it now!

The drop will be slow, but, steady. Next week or even next month is a little optimistic.

Because right now they are looking for the guy that will give them the most money. they are calling everyone on the list to find him.

careful, the ADM payers on here are sensitive about their decision.

Rob, I thought he was totally respectful to Carroll and his health here. He is simply saying it would affect price.

Depends on your deal. If the dealers car has not been pulled for production, you can change it to what you want. Once it is pulled, you are getting what they ordered.

I wish people would not talk about Carrols health. It is Rude IMO. Not bashing you my friend.

I told the guy I was not bashing him. He was respectful. The whole concept of this health stuff IMO is not a polite thing to chat about. I am just thinking about it from how I would feel if I were him, and how I would feel about it. This is my opinion. It is disrespectful in any context.

I told the guy I was not bashing him. He was respectful. The whole concept of this health stuff IMO is not a polite thing to chat about. I am just thinking about it from how I would feel if I were him, and how I would feel about it. This is my opinion. It is disrespectful in any context.

It's cool. I understand where you are coming from.

Hey, here are the first 2 GT500s I have seen on ebay with a $10k adm for the "Buy it now" price-- one hardtop:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-SHELBY...1QQcmdZViewItem

One 'vert:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Ford-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

Note: it's 2 different dealers, One in Ark, the other in Kentucky. I'll bet you could negotiate a better deal on the phone.

This price is $12,000 over MSRP.

Buy it now price is $58,765. That's a tad over 14K ADM.

I think he thought it was a vert, which would put it at 10 over. The car I get is a coupe when I click the link. The bidding is only at about 5 over, though.

I think he thought it was a vert, which would put it at 10 over. The car I get is a coupe when I click the link. The bidding is only at about 5 over, though.

You are correct, I misslinked. Here's an all black 'Vert @ $11,500 over MSRP buy it now- I'm sure you could easily get it for $10,000 over if you called(Indiana) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...1QQcmdZViewItem

So, I do believe the trend is definitely towards a relaxed ADM, anyway, and that's good news in general. It is finally disappearing. By the way, Kevin....is the deal sealed yet? Had to ask!

I can only speak from my perspective in our little corner of the world (the NW USA), but ADM's don't seem to be falling around here. There are only a handful of GT500's on the ground in the NW that are unsold, so those few dealers are keeping their ADM's up. The dealership I work for pre-sold all 5 of our allocated 2007's long ago at $10K over MSRP each. Three have come and gone to some very happy guys. The fourth just got scheduled, so we're hoping to have it later this month or early January for another happy guy who's been waiting very patiently. Number five is holding out for the Shaker 1000 in his convertible (not available until Job #2 in January).

Our $10K has been quite popular and has allowed us to easily pre-sell all of them almost a year ago. We didn't even try to go for the $20K and $25K ADM's like our surrounding dealers have been getting. We figured $10K would please quite a few people while only alienating a very small percentage of customers, and would be a good number all year long, and so far that has been the case. We have about 20 more guys on our list still hoping to get a GT500 from us at our $10K ADM if there are any cancellations or extra allocation. And then we have about 40 more guys on the list still holding out for MSRP, but with 20 guys ahead of them at $10K over, I just can't imagine any MSRP deals here anytime soon. Not 2007, maybe not even 2008.

There's a dealer in the NW that bought a bunch of powerleases and other dealers allocation to offer in addition to their own allocation. They are gettin 23 '07's, and have only pre-sold 10 of the 23, so they have 13 more available. They typically have 1 or 2 on the ground available at any given time. Every customer I've talked to that has visited them in person is quoted in the $71K to $74K range for coupes, though, as they paid those other dealers and powerlease holders a fortune over MSRP to corral them at their own dealership. If any of you want a car now, you may want to speak with that dealership....Bickford Motors. Of course, you can keep waiting and hold out for a lower price. Supply will eventually catch up with demand some day (next week? next month? next year? who knows?).

Thanks for the info. Five Oh B.

I think that most of the United states is in the same boat as the Pacific NW.

IMO you have hit the nail on the head with your opinion.

BTW, your dealership sounds very upstanding and honest.

Grabber B)

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Dec 4 2006, 01:42 PM) 70631[/snapback]

I can only speak from my perspective in our little corner of the world (the NW USA), but ADM's don't seem to be falling around here. There are only a handful of GT500's on the ground in the NW that are unsold, so those few dealers are keeping their ADM's up. The dealership I work for pre-sold all 5 of our allocated 2007's long ago at $10K over MSRP each. Three have come and gone to some very happy guys. The fourth just got scheduled, so we're hoping to have it later this month or early January for another happy guy who's been waiting very patiently. Number five is holding out for the Shaker 1000 in his convertible (not available until Job #2 in January).

Our $10K has been quite popular and has allowed us to easily pre-sell all of them almost a year ago. We didn't even try to go for the $20K and $25K ADM's like our surrounding dealers have been getting. We figured $10K would please quite a few people while only alienating a very small percentage of customers, and would be a good number all year long, and so far that has been the case. We have about 20 more guys on our list still hoping to get a GT500 from us at our $10K ADM if there are any cancellations or extra allocation. And then we have about 40 more guys on the list still holding out for MSRP, but with 20 guys ahead of them at $10K over, I just can't imagine any MSRP deals here anytime soon. Not 2007, maybe not even 2008.

There's a dealer in the NW that bought a bunch of powerleases and other dealers allocation to offer in addition to their own allocation. They are gettin 23 '07's, and have only pre-sold 10 of the 23, so they have 13 more available. They typically have 1 or 2 on the ground available at any given time. Every customer I've talked to that has visited them in person is quoted in the $71K to $74K range for coupes, though, as they paid those other dealers and powerlease holders a fortune over MSRP to corral them at their own dealership. If any of you want a car now, you may want to speak with that dealership....Bickford Motors. Of course, you can keep waiting and hold out for a lower price. Supply will eventually catch up with demand some day (next week? next month? next year? who knows?).

I think you may have just dashed any hope that some folks here are hanging on.

Gentlemen,

The only reason we want ADM's to come down is so we can afford the car. If the ADM's stayed the same we would not feel like we got ripped off. Recently I have had cars offered to me at 10K ADM. That’s down 15K since September. 5K a month. I look at it this way.... I have saved 15K so far... My budget is MSRP and less then 250 miles. This may change... Ford is make many of these cars...

Maybe I am just hoping

Good post, Five Oh B.

For those waiting for prices to come down, though, the silver lining in his post is: "There are only a handful of GT500's on the ground in the NW that are unsold, so those few dealers are keeping their ADM's up." So, those dealers who are holding tight to big ADM are not moving product.

But, market or "realistic" ADM is still pretty significant...I'd have thought we'd be seeing lower prices by now. From what we've seen posted around here, $10k-$15k is still the sweet spot. The last one that I know of in my neck of the woods (Sacramento) sold for $16k over...that was about a month ago.

JR

Good post, Five Oh B.

For those waiting for prices to come down, though, the silver lining in his post is: "There are only a handful of GT500's on the ground in the NW that are unsold, so those few dealers are keeping their ADM's up." So, those dealers who are holding tight to big ADM are not moving product.

But, market or "realistic" ADM is still pretty significant...I'd have thought we'd be seeing lower prices by now. From what we've seen posted around here, $10k-$15k is still the sweet spot. The last one that I know of in my neck of the woods (Sacramento) sold for $16k over...that was about a month ago.

JR

ADMs are still around $20K+ in the Denver area.

I have had cars offered to me at 10K ADM. That’s down 15K since September. 5K a month. I look at it this way.... I have saved 15K so far... My budget is MSRP and less

With that kind of planning, if you waite 3 more months at minus 5K a month, you will have saved 30K ADM on your Shelby purchase. Man do I feel ripped off now. :hysterical2:

We gotta have some fun here too.

By the way, Kevin....is the deal sealed yet? Had to ask!

I just got back. I finally have my deal in writing. I got a beer in one hand and the sales order in the other.

Too bad I don't have 3 hands. :hysterical:

I just got back. I finally have my deal in writing. I got a beer in one hand and the sales order in the other.

Too bad I don't have 3 hands. :hysterical:

So 5.4,

what did all the fine print and Red print say, or did you have to cross it all out.

Care to share. I posted mine. :shrug:

I have talked to Bickford Motors just yesterday. Asking 70K for the coupes. Still waiting.

Ouch - $70K is a lot of coin for a Mustang - 500hp or otherwise. Unfortunately for Bickford, they paid $10K to $15K over MSRP to get each of those extra GT500's, so they may take quite a financial hit if they can't move these car before ADM's drop much more. If they had all 23 on the ground today, maybe they could find homes for all of them at a profit, but many will be showing up in the spring and summer, so $70K just isn't gonna work then.

Archived