TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Pricing

War Eagle

My production sequence # is 386 slots ahead of you and my build date is confirmed the week of 8/3 with delivery the week of 8/23. Unless you are leapfrogging in line your build date is probably going to be late the week of 8/3 or the week of 8/10. I hope I am wrong and you are right because that means I will get my car even faster.

When I talked with Ralph Arning yesterday he told me my car was not on the line yet but was sceduled to start down the line next week. :happy feet: :happy feet: He aslo told me that my car would ship by rail to Mobile Ala. and it would take around 14 days to get to the Dealer after it left the plant.

Hang in there we have almost reached the promised land.

Steve

Steve, you had any luck pulling up you window sticker, mine is also scheduled next week I think just ahead of yours no luck on window sticker yet. Thanks, Brian

Steve, you had any luck pulling up you window sticker, mine is also scheduled next week I think just ahead of yours no luck on window sticker yet. Thanks, Brian

Nope, not yet. I try a couple of times a day and still no luck. It is starting to look like the sticker is not available till the car actually hits the line.

Steve

Steve

My build date is 8-10-09.

cdlee posted today that his car arrived today, and he posted 15 days after his scheduled build date. And he is in North Carolina.

So if this holds true for me then that puts me right around the 25th. Also I am in Altanta GA, so car does not have to make a major truck voyage to get to dealer.

Your looking at 20 days I can see as you are down in Florida so the extra 4-5 days sounds reasonable to me.

Then again this is Ford's Shelby production for 2010 so as we all know ANYTHING can happen. Besides every week builds my down payment, so delays at this point are ok with me. I was actually hoping for a Mid/Late-September delivery. But going by what I was told today.....Not gonna happen... :doh:

Man, I sure hope you do get yours by the 25th. Maybe we will both get ours the same day, would that be something or what. I am picking mine up in Mobile Ala. and I think the rail traffic is a pretty fast track there.

Regards,

Steve

Subscribing...

Damn..looks like in order to make this work I may have to go coupe not convertible.

For a Vert, the drive out price will probably be around $58,000 to $59,000 when you add in a 6% sales tax, Dealer doc fees ( $200 to $500), title and tag. The title and tag just went up here to about $400 and sales tax is 6%.

You are looking at a pretty good size payment unless you put a substantial amount down. These are most definately not cheap cars.

Even with a purchase price of $45,715 mine will be close to $50,000 by the time I get thru with everything.

Steve

For a Vert, the drive out price will probably be around $58,000 to $59,000 when you add in a 6% sales tax, Dealer doc fees $200 to $500), title and tag. the title and tag just went up here to about $400 and sales tax is 6%.

You are looking at a pretty good size payment unless you put a substantial amount down. These are most definately not cheap cars.

Steve

Yeah...I know they are not cheap. I believe I found some conflicting information in my search which may have lead me to believe I could go vert for a little less. No biggie..I may go coupe instead. It saves around $5000.00...

Funny thing is..I am working with a few dealers..or have sent word to them...1 is working with me...so, out of courtesy I sent a request to my local dealer of many years. He said I can't order you one they are on hold. I said okay how come everyone else can? Can you at least let me know why? Or if you can later...no response. It's like pulling teeth with them. Oh well...I guess I'll find one some where in the US! And I'll have fun driving it home!

:shift:

Burning Blue,

Sorry I did not put in the other info for my car, which is still sitting in Newark,NJ waiting for a car hauler to Long Island. (60 days since built and still waiting)

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Car is Sterling Gray/Black - HID/NAV/Cover - Delivery is Northeast - Long Island, NY

I have been away for a few days and looking at your sig, did you find your car and take delivery?

Regards,

Jim

He said I can't order you one they are on hold. I said okay how come everyone else can? Can you at least let me know why? Or if you can later...no response.

Sounds..ummm...fishy to me - sorry.

Seriously...sounds like the guy doesn't have an allocation or is not familiar with the Shelby ordering process. I don't recall there being a "hold" on them - there was in the initial run back in May..but I believe all the issues have been sorted. The only things that would prevent you from getting one now is that either the dealer does not have an open allocation or hasn't been authorized to sell the shelbys.

Burning Blue,

Sorry I did not put in the other info for my car, which is still sitting in Newark,NJ waiting for a car hauler to Long Island. (60 days since built and still waiting)

Car is Sterling Gray/Black - HID/NAV/Cover - Delivery is Northeast - Long Island, NY

I have been away for a few days and looking at your sig, did you find your car and take delivery?

Regards,

Jim

Hi CaptJim88!

Okay..I got the rest of your info in the chart. Wow...waiting for 60 days after the car is built is tough.

And to answer the second part of your question....Yes, I did get a car last week. Pretty much spot on what I wanted. I could have done without the car cover...but that wasn't going to hold up the deal. I got tired of playing around and just went for an on lot car. But I really came close to just not getting one. It was somewhat of a shock that we were able to get the deal done.

Haven't gotten a real chance to take some good pics...it's been raining pretty much off and on since I got the car. Hopefully soon. The car is just off the charts. I really don't know how to describe the feeling while driving it...or even for that matter..just seeing it in person and knowing it's yours. When you do get your car...you'll just be blown away.

Hi CaptJim88!

Okay..I got the rest of your info in the chart. Wow...waiting for 60 days after the car is built is tough.

And to answer the second part of your question....Yes, I did get a car last week. Pretty much spot on what I wanted. I could have done without the car cover...but that wasn't going to hold up the deal. I got tired of playing around and just went for an on lot car. But I really came close to just not getting one. It was somewhat of a shock that we were able to get the deal done.

Haven't gotten a real chance to take some good pics...it's been raining pretty much off and on since I got the car. Hopefully soon. The car is just off the charts. I really don't know how to describe the feeling while driving it...or even for that matter..just seeing it in person and knowing it's yours. When you do get your car...you'll just be blown away.

Glad to hear you got your car!

I got the cover because of the kids, thought it might help if they got too close. The car was built on June 4 and was supposed to be delivered July 7, then Aug 4, still no car, I tracked the car once it shipped and it arrived by rail into Newark (Doremus I - I think) on July 25. Still waiting for the car hauler. Well, hopefully the call will come any day now.

Regards,

Jim

post-8142-1249502117_thumb.jpgpost-8142-1249502108_thumb.jpg

Red with Silver stripes.

Here are the pics while it was at the dealers while I was arranging the lease. It's my company car (yes I own the company).

Its now dirty and sitting outside my office window cause it rained yesterday. Tonite I'll clean it up. It has Nav and HID's

Sticker was $50895.00 I think. VIN ends in A5113951. I ordered it in April and its been sitting at the dealer for a couple weeks.

Wnenn

post-8142-1249502108_thumb.jpg

post-8142-1249502117_thumb.jpg

Hi CaptJim88!

BB,

That is outstanding news, congratulations!!!

Steve

Sounds..ummm...fishy to me - sorry.

Seriously...sounds like the guy doesn't have an allocation or is not familiar with the Shelby ordering process. I don't recall there being a "hold" on them - there was in the initial run back in May..but I believe all the issues have been sorted. The only things that would prevent you from getting one now is that either the dealer does not have an open allocation or hasn't been authorized to sell the shelbys.

LOL! I agree...I am searching now and I think I can find what I want on the lot...but, I still may order..Not sure. I am going coupe now..not saying color but coupe allows me to get the car and not be strangled by payments.

Okay that decision is over..now only one left is to add Nav or not..and do I add HID or not. I think HID is a given since it is cheap..navigation however may not be...may add that later.....

Thanks all!

Glad to hear you got your car!

I got the cover because of the kids, thought it might help if they got too close. The car was built on June 4 and was supposed to be delivered July 7, then Aug 4, still no car, I tracked the car once it shipped and it arrived by rail into Newark (Doremus I - I think) on July 25. Still waiting for the car hauler. Well, hopefully the call will come any day now.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks! I'm really still pinching myself that I actually have the car in my possession.

I didn't mean to insinuate that the car cover isn't good, It seems really good quality. It's quite heavy - in actual weight I mean. Hmm...I'm trying to think of something to compare the material to. I can't think of something at the moment. But it would definitely protect to car to certain extent. It may come in use for me down the road..you never know.

I would think that it wouldn't be too much longer of a wait for your car. Gosh...with your car being so close too (in terms of miles), that is frustrating!

BB,

That is outstanding news, congratulations!!!

Steve

Thanks War Eagle! I took a while and was frustrating for sure..but less than 2 months later - I did get the car I wanted. Plus I did gain the HID lights in the process and I'm glad I did. I really like the look of them as well as the functionality.

LOL! I agree...I am searching now and I think I can find what I want on the lot...but, I still may order..Not sure. I am going coupe now..not saying color but coupe allows me to get the car and not be strangled by payments.

Okay that decision is over..now only one left is to add Nav or not..and do I add HID or not. I think HID is a given since it is cheap..navigation however may not be...may add that later.....

Thanks all!

Honestly, it depends on the situation...if you get the right dealer and they for certain have an allocation in hand...then there's no harm in ordering a car in all probability.

All I can do is give my opinions on the options on the car. Of course they all come down to each owner and their use. I don't think any of the options can be categorized as "Good" or "Bad".

HID lights - I would definitely go with HID lights. They look much more sophisticated and the light is just so bright and clear. ($525)

Car Cover - The car cover is nice...pretty good quality from I can tell. Really would be best for someone that wants to protect their car for winter storage or a little protection while parked in a garage. ($375)

Shaker1000 - Unless you want that thunderous bass the Shaker500 system is adequate for most ears. Plus I don't know if it matters the box in the trunk for the Shaker1000 takes up quite a bit of space as well as weighing around 70lbs, I believe. BTW I'm as much as a music fan as there can be and I've honestly turned down the radio just to hear the engine and exhaust note several times - that was the "music" I preferred to hear! LOL! ($1295)

Navigation System - This is one thing that I never wanted and really never changed my mind on. This is just something that I would never use. I generally "know" where I'm going and this is the most expensive option - I could not see spending the significant amount of cash for something that I might think as "neat" but never use. But that's just me...a lot of people love it, this one really comes down to the individual. ($2195)

Don't know if that helps.

What colors are you debating getting?

Honestly, it depends on the situation...if you get the right dealer and they for certain have an allocation in hand...then there's no harm in ordering a car in all probability.

All I can do is give my opinions on the options on the car. Of course they all come down to each owner and their use. I don't think any of the options can be categorized as "Good" or "Bad".

HID lights - I would definitely go with HID lights. They look much more sophisticated and the light is just so bright and clear. ($525)

Car Cover - The car cover is nice...pretty good quality from I can tell. Really would be best for someone that wants to protect their car for winter storage or a little protection while parked in a garage. ($375)

Shaker1000 - Unless you want that thunderous bass the Shaker500 system is adequate for most ears. Plus I don't know if it matters the box in the trunk for the Shaker1000 takes up quite a bit of space as well as weighing around 70lbs, I believe. BTW I'm as much as a music fan as there can be and I've honestly turned down the radio just to hear the engine and exhaust note several times - that was the "music" I preferred to hear! LOL! ($1295)

Navigation System - This is one thing that I never wanted and really never changed my mind on. This is just something that I would never use. I generally "know" where I'm going and this is the most expensive option - I could not see spending the significant amount of cash for something that I might think as "neat" but never use. But that's just me...a lot of people love it, this one really comes down to the individual. ($2195)

Don't know if that helps.

What colors are you debating getting?

Kona Blue or Grabber Blue...and I think Grabber may win only because I see to many Kona's pictured on here already. Everyone has that color....and I want to avoid that...or at least try.

HID lights I was thinking ditching...and the nav since I believe I can add that in later if I decide too..,,.

Thanks for your thoughts and congrats on your car! Can you post some pics? And I think you have Grabber Blue..so,,,,how do you like it and what sold you on it?

Yeah, PASS on the Nav if you can. Spend $400-600 on a good Garmin, easier/cheaper to update maps. Plus you get multiple car use. I learned this lesson when the wife bought her Tahoe. $2k+ for the Nav unit(we did not opt for it, just what was on lot) and then $200 for the next years updated DVD map. :censored:

My garmin map update was $70.

Plus you get to keep your 6-disc CD.

Yeah Nav is overrated and WAAAAYYYY over priced.

Yeah, PASS on the Nav if you can. Spend $400-600 on a good Garmin, easier/cheaper to update maps. Plus you get multiple car use. I learned this lesson when the wife bought her Tahoe. $2k+ for the Nav unit(we did not opt for it, just what was on lot) and then $200 for the next years updated DVD map. :censored:

My garmin map update was $70.

Plus you get to keep your 6-disc CD.

Yeah Nav is overrated and WAAAAYYYY over priced.

Yeah I probably should for a couple reasons. One to get the payment down/cost down. Two I actually already have a NICE Garmin. I think it is a 750 series. It is really nice however, I just really think the Nav/Entertainment part of it with ability to sync your iPod. I can however, if I understand right, add this later.

I thought the Sync feature was standard on any system. I don't think you need the NAV to get Sync. Also I am sure as far as the Entertainment side goes, I bet you have to have the parking brake or something for the NAV screen to turn to video. My wifes Tahoe does this, while in Park the screen will show the movie. When you move from park it goes back to radio or Map screen, video stops playing up front.

I thought the Sync feature was standard on any system. I don't think you need the NAV to get Sync. Also I am sure as far as the Entertainment side goes, I bet you have to have the parking brake or something for the NAV screen to turn to video. My wifes Tahoe does this, while in Park the screen will show the movie. When you move from park it goes back to radio or Map screen, video stops playing up front.

Yeah the sync will but, if it is anything like my BMW it is a nightmare to understand on the small radio screen. It is much easier to see on the big screen..along with directions, POI,etc.

I know..I am a techno geek! :hysterical:

Archived