TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is your Shelby GT500 put away for winter?

LSR

If so how many miles is on the odometer?

What mods. have you ordered, or what's in store for your car over the winter?

:idea:

Ha LaMonte

I have 1150 on mine and I may get mine out from time to time on a warm sunny and if the salt has all been washed away by rain. I can not make my mine up over the Bora or the Ford system. I make contact you after you get yours on and see what you think. I did hear Pauls start up and it sounded good, also there

is something about having Fords exaust on the car. lightly tinted side windows and the shelby caps like

CobraBoy is talking. That will be all I will be able to do as I have a daughter getting married in July.

Max

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm and cozy in the stable with a blanket covering her. She has 2,260 glorious miles on her. It is currently 18 degrees with flurries. Most likely will not fire her up until the spring weather breaks (unless I go for the 40th package which I am waiting to hear like everyone else).

If no 40th, I will most likley go with FRPP exhaust, CAI, and tune when available from FRPP in addition to some of the SA components like Alum billet caps, dash plaque and "GT500 sill plates".

I genuinely feel sorry for all you guys in snow country. No driving for the next 3 or 4 months. It has got to be pure torture. :rolleyes:

carnut, you said what I was thinking as I was writing my initial reply. It is definitely torture but I prepared my self before I even bought the car knowing I would be doing the winter thing. So, I was somewhat prepared mentally. Still it is very difficult to come home from work and see the cover on the car. But I do have my outlets...."StangsUnleashed". Yeah baby.

carnut, you said what I was thinking as I was writing my initial reply. It is definitely torture but I prepared my self before I even bought the car knowing I would be doing the winter thing. So, I was somewhat prepared mentally. Still it is very difficult to come home from work and see the cover on the car. But I do have my outlets...."StangsUnleashed". Yeah baby.

You will be among the other tortured souls, a comrade of anxiety and a friend of the humorous, besides that you will have a lot of fun :hyper:

Mines away for the winter, cold and a couple of ft of snow on the ground. 2004.9km on her.

Heated storage and getting ready for stripe painting, pending the right $. Got my eyes on a few other cosmetic gooodies from Shelby Auto's (Alum. grill inserts, under hood Shelby Caps, Fuse Box cover, Shelby consule cover, shelby rear deck light cover), considering rims but can not go with the ones I like (Shelby Razor's) roads in Edmonton, Canada are to bad for these rims (one pot hole and she's bent). Will stick with cosmetic mods until suspension mods are avail. to correct wheel hop. Would like a CAI but doe not want to sacrafice warranty with a tune (do not want to VOID warranty on power train with a tune thats required with the CAI). I really like the Ford Racing exhaust "sweet" - Post some noise clips for us to hear.

911 miles on it. About 5" of snow on ground although my private road and entire driveway are completely bare. Freeways are always wet and sloppy from all the de-icer. Side roads are all ice and hard packed. Parked for now. had a tune in it but use same tuner for my truck so now none in shelby but a mileage tune in truck

To answer your question about how long before I add the Gas Stabil.... If the car is going to sit more than 2 months I add it, I will start it up once every 2 weeks just to make sure the battery stays charged up & the gas treatment makes it up to the fuel injectors. Other than that, the car won't see the road until April 2007 or if for some freak reason Winter comes & goes by March she'll sit & wait for the buds to shoot up.

Ours went nite-nite last week. Over the winter I plan on doing a full clean/vac. to the interior. I never had a good day to do it since I bought her. Heck, Ive only hand washed it once (I use the touchless until is not good enough and giver a hand-job) and that was on Thanksgiving.

Ours is put away for the winter. We got it on Oct. 3, it currently has just under 86,000 miles on it. Oh yeah, we got it October 3 of 1982. I guess that explains why it's got so many more miles than everyone elses! If our new one was here it would definitely be put away for the winter, but the way it's going we'll be lucky to see it before March! Actually that my not be such a bad thing, at least I should only be about a month away from driving it at that point!

Well I couldn't resist. Last week we had freezing rain and snow, which has melted away. Today streets were dry and I took the Shelby for a spin, washed it, topped off with 93 octane and now parked with:

735.8 miles

To answer your question about how long before I add the Gas Stabil.... If the car is going to sit more than 2 months I add it, I will start it up once every 2 weeks just to make sure the battery stays charged up & the gas treatment makes it up to the fuel injectors. Other than that, the car won't see the road until April 2007 or if for some freak reason Winter comes & goes by March she'll sit & wait for the buds to shoot up.

Thanks for the response Coldwater

CC

Put the car in a Car Jacket with about 1200 miles on it last Thursday after an oil change on Wednesday. Snowstorm bringing one foot of snow came on Thursday, so we will have salt on the roads for quite some time. Hoping to get the car out in Jan. or Feb if we get some good road washing rains.

I'd like to add the FR Power pack and Handling pack if they ever come available. I checked with one FR dealer and the packs aren't available yet even though they are in the new catalog and they had them @ SEMA.

Paul, I have double that! Damn you!

How are you doing 07 Shelby?

Hide Shelby from the wife. Maybe she won't notice it. Ruf, we need a road trip. All the way to CANADA. Pick us up on the way. My snow tires are ready. We have to save 07 Shelby.

You should be putting more k's on it instead of selling it. You can store it at my place. :hysterical: Shelby's should be divorce exempt. :finger: Good Luck

She has been sleeping in the garage since Nov.22 ...it got about 656kms and all wraped up with a car cover and two heaters underneath to keep it at about plus 1 ......till spring ......

I put about 1900 miles on my GT500 since I took delivery at the end of September. :banvictory:

I cleaned it and waxed it on one of the last warm days we had here in West Michigan a couple of weeks ago, and since then it has been parked in my garage. I'll take it out this winter when the roads are dry, but that won't be too often. :cry:

Like many of you, I am waiting for spring! :shift:

I put about 1900 miles on my GT500 since I took delivery at the end of September. :banvictory:

I cleaned it and waxed it on one of the last warm days we had here in West Michigan a couple of weeks ago, and since then it has been parked in my garage. I'll take it out this winter when the roads are dry, but that won't be too often. :cry:

Like many of you, I am waiting for spring! :shift:

Jolly, If you ever get down to Kalamazoo/Paw Paw area let me know so we can get together & shoot the :censored: . I make HotRods & Muscle cars at Downs

Jolly, If you ever get down to Kalamazoo/Paw Paw area let me know so we can get together & shoot the :censored: . I make HotRods & Muscle cars at Downs

No kidding?! For some reason I thought you were in California.

I'm in the Muskegon area, which isn't too far from you. Maybe in the spring I'll tool down your way. From what you have said on this board, it sounds like you have a great job, and I'd love to shoot the :censored: with you sometime.

Thanks for your post!

Paul

No kidding?! For some reason I thought you were in California.

I'm in the Muskegon area, which isn't too far from you. Maybe in the spring I'll tool down your way. From what you have said on this board, it sounds like you have a great job, and I'd love to shoot the :censored: with you sometime.

Thanks for your post!

Paul

Are you going to Autorama in G.R. in January? I might.

Archived