TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is your Shelby GT500 put away for winter?

LSR

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in the Midwest-Shiloh, IL and was just hit by a ice storm. Many in the area are without electric etc. I was fortunate to have not lost electricity. So I believe my car is up for the winter. I did have a chance to detail the Shelby and fill up the tank with 93 octane.

My car currently has 689 miles on it.

I have ordered the Ford Racing exhaust (oval canister) pictured below. Should be here in a week.

By the way if anyone is interested, PM me for contact info. because I only paid $415 for the exhaust which was $394+S&H.

The Ford Performance Group says the Ford Racing CAI should be availible in Jan. 07 with a tune. So I plan on this mod. as well.

post-3039-1165098090_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1165098090_thumb.jpg

If so how many miles is on the odometer?

What mods. have you ordered, or what's in store for your car over the winter?

:idea:

I thought mine was put away until today. It was cold but outherwise sunny. I couldn't resist getting it out. We really dodged a bullit yesterday.

I got the car Nov. 1st. I have about 450 miles so far. I just got back from vacation today.

I had the windows tinted so far and ordered new Bassani mufflers.

I am thinking about a tune, cold air intake, lowering kit and the wheels, tires and mirrors that are on the white/ blue striped car that Evolution Performance has in their post in the mods and tech forum. That car looks awesome. :drop:

Mine is away for the winter in Missouri, though I live in Mississippi and could get more driving in. Unfortunately, a house with garage I had lined up fell through.

She sits with 456.7 miles on her.

I'm thinking I'll do the Borla exhaust. Maybe the Shelby Razor wheels, since I have an ebony coupe, and probably the aluminum grills and vents.

What's Winter?

81 today in South Florida.

Sorry couldn't resist. :headspin:

I thought we might here from you. :finger:

That's alright. I haven't forgot about you letting me drive the GT40 next time I'm in Florida. :hyper: And no problem, I will wax it afterwards. :headspin:

mine is tucked away in the garage. i am going to add floor mats, a power outlet cover, shelby caps underhood (oil, etc), and that's probably it for now. my goal is to leave it mostly stock but maybe add a cold air kit and different exhaust later.

ice storm here in mid missouri kind of ensured that it stays in the garage.

Put away? Hell no! I will wait til the snow gets off the roads, but she's waiting to be cranked up again and deeply inhale that cold winter air!!

4,864 miles as of yesterday.

Lowering kit and "anti-hop" mods very soon!

bj

Mine should be arriving any day now. :bandance:

Game Plan:

Wash n' Wax :fan:

Show my buddies - let them drive if they dare :shift:

Wash and cover it until I want to wash and cover it again. :fan::shift::fan::shift:

The nice cars usually stay in doors on the rainy days of winter.

Have on order

Supertuner- Superchip

Corsa's

Eibachs

Can't wait till it arrives!

Drove ours today. Weather not to bad here, although tomorrow will probably be last day to drive it for the winter. Got ours on 11/6 has 550 miles, no mods yet.......No doubt there will be though. Was hoping for the40th anniversary package, nor sure yet, although you only live once!!!

Big turn around in the weather here so shes parked till spring. I`ll wait till spring now to see what CAI & tune I go with. The Borlas are coming off and I will be going with something else. I have a set of crome wheels that I will get changed over .

1461.3 km

104 KM. About 60 miles on the odometer.

In the garage.

Lots of snow and -25 degrees C with the windchill.

managed 865km in two weeks of crumby weather, snow now, will be getting 410's, cold air, pulley, chip, maybe different rubber, could see NOS by the end of next year,

can't seem to post any pictures though,???

You have 5" of snow? In Brantford & we have nothing here , had alot of rain & high winds. Please talk to your wife & get the 96 ` in out of the cold.

Oh believe me I've tried; I've gone so far as to threaten divorce, but she doesn't seem to think I mean it?

Florida Chris . . . I'm on my way, and if you don't have a spare bedroom, I'd be glad to sleep in the GT! :drop:

Yes it's put away for the winter.

Has 697.3 miles on her with a full tank of Sunoco 93 Octane & a bottle of STA-BIL fuel stabilizer.

She's still bone stock until I see more aftermarket goodies coming out in the spring so I have a better selection & more feedback from my fellow StangsUnleashed friends.

I will definitely be doing something to the rear suspension to make it hook-up better off the line & I’m still waiting to hear from Shelby Automobiles Inc. about the 40th anniversary pkg. & pricing along with the ROUSH boys & their SC upgrade kits that have the 3yr./36k mile warrantee.

For me there is no hurry as I am now have one of the fastest & most awesome cars in town.

Archived