TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Biased reporting?

I love how stories like this appear without the party of the named politician being noted...

I wonder if AP would have named the party if the Governer was a Republican...?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_on_...ruption_arrests

Actually we do! If they had been Republican Fox News would just say they were Democrats!

Did you know Sanford and Mark Foley were democrats?

:hysterical:

Slow news day heh?

s_FOLEY_large.jpg

s_SANFORD_large.jpg

s_FOLEY_large.jpg

s_SANFORD_large.jpg

"Among the 44 people arrested were the mayors of Hoboken, Ridgefield and Secaucus, Jersey City's deputy mayor, and two state assemblymen. A member of the governor's cabinet resigned after agents searched his home, though he was not arrested. All but one of the officeholders are Democrats."

I can see why they only mention that once in the whole article- that is certainly shocking and shameful! I am horrified that such an operation was so predominantly "democrat", just as I would be if it was so predominantly "republican".

Frickin' politicians. That's why I abhor them all. I will often defend the Dems here more because there is such disparity of TS-member political affiliations, but who can defend this?

"Among the 44 people arrested were the mayors of Hoboken, Ridgefield and Secaucus, Jersey City's deputy mayor, and two state assemblymen. A member of the governor's cabinet resigned after agents searched his home, though he was not arrested. All but one of the officeholders are Democrats."

I can see why they only mention that once in the whole article- that is certainly shocking and shameful! I am horrified that such an operation was so predominantly "democrat", just as I would be if it was so predominantly "republican".

Frickin' politicians. That's why I abhor them all. I will often defend the Dems here more because there is such disparity of TS-member political affiliations, but who can defend this?

+1

It's truly unbelievable the scope and each of this. It's not politicians, or party, it's people, and these people, if it's true, betrayed the public trust and if found guilty I hope are punished to the fullest extent of the law. In every field, every day, we read about people that embezzle money from their employer, this week they got a women here in Chicago for skimming close to $500K from her job over the last few years. There are just some people that look to crime to get what they want. In this case it's just unbelievable....it truly is. The total betrayal of the public trust is what we should be talking about, that's the outrage, and what we should be upset about, not what AP did or did not have in the article.

The total betrayal of the public trust is what we should be talking about, that's the outrage, and what we should be upset about, not what AP did or did not have in the article.

Yes. We should be troubled by the betrayal of the public trust.

My thread was about the selective bias of the printed media... AP in this case.

I wonder why the Governer is not named in the investigation. He made the appointment, after all...

Dan

P.S. Fox would name the party, either way.

Archived